General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Foreman Value Now?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:08 pm

badbuddah wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:25 am
Oddball456 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:20 am
badbuddah wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:04 am What kind of value are you guys seeing Foreman having moving forward? I'm not getting any interest in him in my league, should I hold him? I have no idea if he will be good post injury.
If you have held him for the past year, why wouldn't you hold him now that he should make it back on the field soon? I think his value has stayed around the same, early - mid second. I just hope he gets on the feild healthy this year and hopefully his stock rises in the off-season and then more in preseason next year.
Well I was wondering if I should sell him before he steps on the field in case he is not the same player as before the injury. It sounds like a high second might be worth selling him for from what you are saying. On the flipside, I guess selling him for any lower than that isn't worth it considering he might actually play well and take over the job from Miller. His value completely dies however if they sign Bell in the offseason.
if you dont know how he will look neither do we.

miller is just ok tho so purely on the hopes that he (foreman) does look good and gets a crack at significant touches i would be holding him.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:46 pm

I wouldn't dismiss Foreman simply for being a "late day 2 pick". Fact is, he was a 3rd round pick that Houston clearly had plans for him. He looked ok last year, made some nice plays and Houston will have a top QB with the potential of a strong offense moving forward. Foreman, if healthy, will have a chance to have a piece of that offense.

I do expect Houston to have capable backs to compete with Foreman in 2019, but i doubt they will bring in any RB that a healthy Foreman wouldn't be able to split time with. Outside of Bell of course.

Just based on Foreman 2019 potential, I'd much rather have Foreman over a 2019 2nd round pick dart throw.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:54 pm

I'll add the caveat I got Kirk with a late 2nd last year but we had 3 owners autopicking due to late arrivals. I don't forsee that happening again, nor the draft being so deep I can count on a Kirk type player at pick 20 or later. I obviously don't need him at all on my team except for depth and another potential breakout that I can package later on, but that won't happen this year. After reading these comments, it seems everyone is split. I think a high second would be hard to turn down, his upside could be a top 15 RB MAYBE, but his downside is literally he is worthless. So I guess I have to make the tough decision of whether I take an early second from someone before tomorrow's trade deadline.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:59 pm

I'm holding for 2019. If you've held him this long, then congrats on your patience, but why come all this way just to sell him low? He's a mid-grade lottery ticket, treat him as such. Even seeing him on the field starting to do running back things - no matter how bad he looks - will start to increase his value, because we will always be talking with the caveat "but with a bit more time, he'll get back to looking himself" for the next year.

It's an ascending offense for as long as Watson's in his prime, and Foreman's still only 22. Don't panic... HODL!!

(And if Bell signs there, then so be it, but I still would like Foreman's chances to eventually find a role / at the least be dangle-traded as a depth backup piece to the Bell owner)

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:24 pm

2017 NFL Draft, Round 3, RB's:

Pick 67: Alvin Kamara
Pick 86: Kareem Hunt
Pick 89: D'Onta Foreman
Pick 105: James Conner

He's destined for greatness boys, buy now while you can.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Adding one more point. In the August 2017 DLF ADP set, D'Onta Foreman was the seventeenth rookie off the board. Being absolutely generous with the league settings, he was topping out at a late 1st-early 2nd in rookie drafts around that time. Yet there is an insistence that he's worth that amount that I just can't understand. The literature shows 26% of players with that injury don't even make it back to the field. It's faith based decision making.

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 pm

Everybody likes to bring up the Achilles injury as a death sentence because of the past cases of most RB's being unable to recover from it, but here's my problem with that. 1) How many of those injuries occurred when the RB was as young as Foreman at the time (21.5 years old)? How many of those RBs under, let's say 24, actually showed the potential or previous pedigree to become an effective NFL player? And 2) It wasn't that long ago that people saw severe ACL injuries as a death sentence too, but with so much medical research and advancement and improvements on treatment, people look at players like Guice now and say "eh, he'll be back good as new next year, his value hasn't changed at all for me". I know, the ACL and Achilles are entirely different things and you can't make apples-to-apples comparisons when it comes to the human body, I get that. But still, isn't there something to be said for the fact that an Achilles injury in 2018 might not be as big of a black mark as it would've been in 1999? How many of those past cases have been in the, idk, last 5 years? 10 years?

None of this is to say that he's definitely gonna come back good as new, it's different for everybody and nobody knows how it's going to play out. I just don't think the non-believers should be so quick to dismiss a 22 year-old's career because they see the word "Achilles" in the injury report.

Having said all of that... I know there's also many people out there that just aren't a believer in Foreman's talent, regardless of the injury :lol: . Those people are fine, I get that argument.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:01 pm

I traded Amendola a few weeks ago for him, so id say his value isn't much :) :) :)

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:13 pm

I tried to get him for a late first in a 16 teamer and no interest. Can’t blame him as I would probably hold at that price as well, but it would be close.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

hotrod
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hotrod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Dynasty DeLorean picked him as a Long-term Stud. So there's that! :thumbup: I'm holding until 2019.
Team 1
12tm, roster=20, Start QRRWWTFKD
noppr, 1pt per 10 pass yds, 1pt per 5 rush/rec yds, All tds 6pts, milestone bonuses

QB: Murray, Minshew, Foles
RB: Coleman, Chubb, Dobbins, Henderson, Harris, Hunt, Michel
WR: Evans, Hopkins, ARob, C Samuel
TE: J Smith, Tonyan, Jarwin
DST: Seahawks, Packers
2020: 1.08, 2.08, 3.08

Team 2
12 tm superflex, roster=25, start 1-2 qb, 1-5 rb, 1-5 wr, 1-2 te, d
standard scoring, .5ppr, all tds=6pts
QB: Foles, Glennon, McCoy, Minshew, Prescott, Wentz
RB: Bell, Malcolm Brown, Cook, Duke Johnson, Kamara, Josh Kelly, Perine, Sanders
WR: Corey Davis, Evans, Fuller, Ridley, Arob, M Thomas, P Williams
TE: Hooper, Waller
DST: Ravens, Vikings
2021: 3.11
2022: 2nd, 3rd

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Life of Pablo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 pm Everybody likes to bring up the Achilles injury as a death sentence because of the past cases of most RB's being unable to recover from it, but here's my problem with that. 1) How many of those injuries occurred when the RB was as young as Foreman at the time (21.5 years old)? How many of those RBs under, let's say 24, actually showed the potential or previous pedigree to become an effective NFL player? And 2) It wasn't that long ago that people saw severe ACL injuries as a death sentence too, but with so much medical research and advancement and improvements on treatment, people look at players like Guice now and say "eh, he'll be back good as new next year, his value hasn't changed at all for me". I know, the ACL and Achilles are entirely different things and you can't make apples-to-apples comparisons when it comes to the human body, I get that. But still, isn't there something to be said for the fact that an Achilles injury in 2018 might not be as big of a black mark as it would've been in 1999? How many of those past cases have been in the, idk, last 5 years? 10 years?

None of this is to say that he's definitely gonna come back good as new, it's different for everybody and nobody knows how it's going to play out. I just don't think the non-believers should be so quick to dismiss a 22 year-old's career because they see the word "Achilles" in the injury report.

Having said all of that... I know there's also many people out there that just aren't a believer in Foreman's talent, regardless of the injury :lol: . Those people are fine, I get that argument.
Similar to how the patellar tendon tear was supposed to be career ending and Jimmy Graham came back and dropped big numbers. I get that Graham was a stud before that and Foreman is an unknown, but I think sometimes these things are overstated.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:06 pm
Life of Pablo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:37 pm Everybody likes to bring up the Achilles injury as a death sentence because of the past cases of most RB's being unable to recover from it, but here's my problem with that. 1) How many of those injuries occurred when the RB was as young as Foreman at the time (21.5 years old)? How many of those RBs under, let's say 24, actually showed the potential or previous pedigree to become an effective NFL player? And 2) It wasn't that long ago that people saw severe ACL injuries as a death sentence too, but with so much medical research and advancement and improvements on treatment, people look at players like Guice now and say "eh, he'll be back good as new next year, his value hasn't changed at all for me". I know, the ACL and Achilles are entirely different things and you can't make apples-to-apples comparisons when it comes to the human body, I get that. But still, isn't there something to be said for the fact that an Achilles injury in 2018 might not be as big of a black mark as it would've been in 1999? How many of those past cases have been in the, idk, last 5 years? 10 years?

Similar to how the patellar tendon tear was supposed to be career ending and Jimmy Graham came back and dropped big numbers. I get that Graham was a stud before that and Foreman is an unknown, but I think sometimes these things are overstated.
Hasn’t Suggs come back twice now?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:55 pm

If someone offered me Foreman for my 2nd round pick in any of my leagues, I would decline swiftly. Not sure if I would trade a 3rd for him.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:51 pm

I paid a 2nd for him in the offseason, I'd rather hold him for that price. He's as good of a dart throw than exactly the type of player that goes in the second round, is young, and I've seen him play well before. No clue what this sort of injury means at this point in medical technology.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:11 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:06 pm Similar to how the patellar tendon tear was supposed to be career ending and Jimmy Graham came back and dropped big numbers. I get that Graham was a stud before that and Foreman is an unknown, but I think sometimes these things are overstated.
True, but Victor Cruz had the same injury that year and was done after that. And Graham hasn't really looked good since that comeback season.

Maybe there's a chance that Foreman comes back and puts up solid numbers for a season, but long-term would be my concern.