Foreman Value Now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Foreman Value Now?

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:09 am

I think Miller will be back. His cap hit isn't awful (7.2M) and he's solid, though unspectacular in most phases. So, he has that going for him. If they do move on (only $1M in dead cap) then I can't see them handing over the backfield to an RB coming off an achilles tear.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 am

grandmabetty wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am who cares about miller lets keep this thread about foreman.
Miller factors into Foreman whether you want it to or not. Foreman hasn't played since being hurt, so there isn't much to discuss otherwise.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:26 am

If you've watched the Texans play this year - you'll realize they don't need Foreman.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:42 am

I'm not sure whether Miller staying this offseason (his contract is very cuttable) is good or bad for Foreman. If he leaves then with doubts about Foreman's healthy they'll almost certainly have to invest in the RB position this offseason, and chances are decent they'll bring in someone who is better than Miller.

I think I'd rather roll the dice with him battling Miller next year and count on this just being a flash for Miller where he fades back into the guy we saw the last two years.

Of course the best possible scenario is that Foreman looks great the rest of this year and they cut Miller in the offseason with enough confidence in Foreman to not bring in strong competition, but that seems very unlikely.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am who cares about miller lets keep this thread about foreman. I don't think ill be activating him from the taxi squad this year for the playoffs bit im sure hoping he recovers fully and can be a beast in 2019
Ok, let's keep it about Foreman... As pedestrian as people think Miller was a year ago, he was more consistent than Foreman. Foreman is far, far from a "beast" in this league. Even if Miller is gone, the Texans aren't starting Foreman in 2019.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:02 pm

skip wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:35 pm
grandmabetty wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:01 am who cares about miller lets keep this thread about foreman. I don't think ill be activating him from the taxi squad this year for the playoffs bit im sure hoping he recovers fully and can be a beast in 2019
Ok, let's keep it about Foreman... As pedestrian as people think Miller was a year ago, he was more consistent than Foreman. Foreman is far, far from a "beast" in this league. Even if Miller is gone, the Texans aren't starting Foreman in 2019.
While that may be true, to be fair there isn't much of a sample size. Foreman has 78 career carries and 1 career start. Compare that to Miller who has 102 games and over 1300 career rushing attempts. IMO I think the more accurate statement would be to say we don't fully know what Foreman is capable of yet rather than call him a beast or a bust. Furthermore, whatever he was, we are yet to see how, if in any way at all, his injury has changed him.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:46 pm

Pre-injury, I believe Foreman was a few weeks or less from taking Miller's job last year.

Post-injury, not sure anymore. That's no small injury to come back from, never mind come back from quickly.

Unfortunately, looks like a tough sitch for Foreman now, even if they finally activated them.

Dynasty-wise, looks like another "can't trade 'em (for decent value), don't really wanna keep 'em either" guy on your roster.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:24 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:46 pm Pre-injury, I believe Foreman was a few weeks or less from taking Miller's job last year.

Post-injury, not sure anymore. That's no small injury to come back from, never mind come back from quickly.

Unfortunately, looks like a tough sitch for Foreman now, even if they finally activated them.

Dynasty-wise, looks like another "can't trade 'em (for decent value), don't really wanna keep 'em either" guy on your roster.
Pretty much this. I'm going to keep him but I could see him not being the same/miller being too far ahead now. I can see him being either a career backup or being cut after next year. I think it is a long shot he is anything else.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Week 11, Foreman went down and the Texans' season was already a total waste. Miller was meh, OL was bad, QB was bad....to me, Foreman was definitely going to get his shot and had a great game where he ultimately got injured.

Just a bad injury at the wrong time, Miller now has resurrected himself of sorts but barring total collapse, Texans are going to the playoffs and there's a chance Foreman gets work in a big spotlight. We'll see if he does and what he does with it.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Miller's play helps Foreman indirectly ... if Miller was sucking it up & Foreman's Achilles was still a question mark heading into 2019, the Texans would likely look to add a feature back. But now they can reasonably go into 2019 with Miller and Foreman thus giving Foreman more time to earn a feature role.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 pm Miller's play helps Foreman indirectly ... if Miller was sucking it up & Foreman's Achilles was still a question mark heading into 2019, the Texans would likely look to add a feature back. But now they can reasonably go into 2019 with Miller and Foreman thus giving Foreman more time to earn a feature role.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:10 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:37 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 pm Miller's play helps Foreman indirectly ... if Miller was sucking it up & Foreman's Achilles was still a question mark heading into 2019, the Texans would likely look to add a feature back. But now they can reasonably go into 2019 with Miller and Foreman thus giving Foreman more time to earn a feature role.
Lol. X2

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 am

I'm curious to see what the Texans decide to do with Alfred Blue - who is sort of like the Texans version of Bilal Powell, that veteran guy who keeps chugging away in a role.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:01 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 am I'm curious to see what the Texans decide to do with Alfred Blue - who is sort of like the Texans version of Bilal Powell, that veteran guy who keeps chugging away in a role.
Or every teams Frank Gore

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:01 am
ArrylT wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 am I'm curious to see what the Texans decide to do with Alfred Blue - who is sort of like the Texans version of Bilal Powell, that veteran guy who keeps chugging away in a role.
Or every teams Frank Gore
Powell and Gore are nothing at all alike...lol
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.