Thoughts on this situation

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Thoughts on this situation

Postby moishetreats » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Careful what you wish for.

If you start legislating deals for people who have the courtesy to let you know in advance that they're leaving, then people will simply stop letting you know that they're leaving.

Put another way: don't put a punitive legislative rule in place simply because one a**hole is exploiting it. Replace him with an owner with more integrity -- and collect one years of advanced dues! -- and the problem is obviated on its own.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Thoughts on this situation

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:10 pm

I'd still like to hear from the OP what the contending status of the guy who is trading Bell away is? Contender? In playoffs? Close? Dumpster fire?

You said he needed an RB pretty badly... I am worried that people here overreacted to the "he's leaving and traded away Bell!!?!" story line and the two guys involved in the trade might be getting unfairly screwed... That was my reaction at first, but if this is a win now move, even if it's an overpay since he is leaving the league, it might be best to let it go through...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.