Postby jordanzs » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

As Ozzy Man Reviews (look him up on youtube) would say:

"Dear Mexico, you had your chance. But you f*cked it, totally f*cked it"

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mexico City Monday night game...moved to LA

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Im glad they avoided that sloppy field situation. Would've been a shame to see one of the stars get hurt

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:25 pm Im glad they avoided that sloppy field situation. Would've been a shame to see one of the stars get hurt
Exactly what I was thinking!!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Big Al wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:46 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:25 pm Im glad they avoided that sloppy field situation. Would've been a shame to see one of the stars get hurt
I am actually pleasantly surprised they did it so quickly as well. Cant wait for that game! Will have Mahomes, Tyreek and Cooks playing. And then they all go on bye the week after hahaha.....

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:59 pm

I’m glad b/c home fans don’t deserve to be cheated out of a marquee match-up such as this for a stupid NFL publicity stunt.

scorpion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby scorpion » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:59 pm I’m glad b/c home fans don’t deserve to be cheated out of a marquee match-up such as this for a stupid NFL publicity stunt.
aGREED. F%!# the NFL for these obvious 'spreading the brand' sales tactics while screwing over homebased fans.
12 Team 21 Keeper / 27 Roster 0.5-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 D FLEX, 3 IR - 6th Year | Commish | Champion 2013, 2015

QB: T. Brady, M. Stafford, B. Mayfield
RB: E. Elliot, L. Miller, L. McCoy, R. Freeman, P. Lindsay, , G. Edwards, D. Foreman
WR: A. Brown, A. Thielen, A. Robinson, M. Goodwin, J. Gordon, A. Miller, D. Moore
TE: E. Engram, T. Burton
K: B. Maher (Current Streamer)
DL: J. Clowney, D. Lawrence
LB: L. David, L. Vander Esch, Z. Cunningham, T. Whitehead
DB: B. Baker, J. Bates

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:30 am

-Last year we had Bill Belichick, who is often reserved and not one to voice his displeasure, come out and criticize the NFL for this Mexico City partnership:
"They're not used to having an NFL team, so you have to go in there and just handle a lot of the logistics," Belichick said. "It took a lot of manpower, a lot of hours, a lot of energy out of our organization to do that. I think this week, we're tired, we're exhausted from the trip. It was a good trip, but it took a lot out of us, I think.

-Two seasons ago, NFL security couldn't apprehend a fan that was shining a green laser pointer on Osweiler

-Now we have a cancellation because of atrocious field conditions that could have caused physical harm to the players.

Message to the NFL: Take a hint! Mexico City is not capable of hosting an NFL game. I don't care how much money they're getting out of the deal. All we continue to see and hear is negative attention, it's not worth it. Worst of all they have a partnership that goes on to 2021.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

nyterp
Starter
Starter

Postby nyterp » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm
I am actually pleasantly surprised they did it so quickly as well. Cant wait for that game! Will have Mahomes, Tyreek and Cooks playing. And then they all go on bye the week after hahaha.....
Gurley, Mahomes, and Kelce for me. My week 12 is going to be brutal for that team.
rosterwars.forumotion.com - IDP/Contract league discussion board. Come check us out!

IDP/Contract - Charm City Justice

Superflex - Chernobyl Toxins

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:25 am

nyterp wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:00 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm
Gurley, Mahomes, and Kelce for me. My week 12 is going to be brutal for that team.
Gurley, Mahomes & Hunt for me. Never beaten my week 12 opponents either, and I think they're good for one more year! :shock:
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:40 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:30 am -Last year we had Bill Belichick, who is often reserved and not one to voice his displeasure, come out and criticize the NFL for this Mexico City partnership:
"They're not used to having an NFL team, so you have to go in there and just handle a lot of the logistics," Belichick said. "It took a lot of manpower, a lot of hours, a lot of energy out of our organization to do that. I think this week, we're tired, we're exhausted from the trip. It was a good trip, but it took a lot out of us, I think.

-Two seasons ago, NFL security couldn't apprehend a fan that was shining a green laser pointer on Osweiler

-Now we have a cancellation because of atrocious field conditions that could have caused physical harm to the players.

Message to the NFL: Take a hint! Mexico City is not capable of hosting an NFL game. I don't care how much money they're getting out of the deal. All we continue to see and hear is negative attention, it's not worth it. Worst of all they have a partnership that goes on to 2021.

The logistics argument is a none issue; that can be fairly easily handled, and maybe they should have hired some professionals to do it for them. Major sporting and entertainment events and venues handle this all the time.

From what I've heard and read, the playing surface in Mexico City is worse than what peewee football is commonly played on. Seriously, I've heard and read that it is that bad from multiple sources.

I don't know if they have sod farms in Mexico, but that too would be a non logistics argument; for both goods and services travel across the U.S./Mexican border 24/7/365.

I feel very confident that in the contract the NFL has with Mexico City, there is a clause requiring a playable surface; and if not, that is on the NFL itself.

Assuming they do, in the legal sense, by not having a playable surface ready for the game, Mexico City has thereby defaulted on that contractual agreement; and the NFL can now terminate that agreement/partnership. Whether the NFL chooses to do so or not is at their sole discretion. Personally, I hope they terminate it.