Nick Mullens

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Nick Mullens

Postby Blueboy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Not a lot of takeaways from this MNF game, but one of them is that... Nick Mullens deserves a thread. Very impressed with how he's diagnosed defenses so far, especially blitzes. He's showed poise in the face of whatever comes is way, doesn't hesitate, and is managing a two-minute drill without issue so far.

Does he keep the starting job in SF this year?
Am I crazy for thinking he might be showing well enough to earn the backup role behind Jimmy G?

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Re: Nick Mullens

Postby Needalife » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:44 pm

He looks solid to me. I'm really impressed by his quick release. That ball comes out fast when he makes a decision. He hasn't faced a good defense yet but I'm enjoying watching him play out the season.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Could you imagine if for the 2nd year in a row the 49ers go 5-0 with a new QB? Assuming they win tonight the odds are pretty decent they could at least go 3-0 with Mullens as TB is the first team they play after the bye.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:25 pm

I grabbed him in a few superflex leagues. Because why the hell not. I don’t think he overtakes Garoppolo next year (assuming Garoppolo is healthy), but Mullens looks solid out there.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:27 pm

Should be the backup going forward. It's still amazing that Shanahan can take an undrafted QB and make him look competent.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:36 pm

He looks like he has the attitude to be a starter. The way he carries himself and the team... I just dont think his mechanics are close to being starter worthy at all. Accuracy and timing are sometimes way off. Have seen him throw a few off his back foot unnecessarily.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 pm

I question his arm-talent. I'm not sure he can make every NFL throw.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:19 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 pm I question his arm-talent. I'm not sure he can make every NFL throw.
Yeah, this is what I'd be most worried about. He looks like he's got a good amount of the mental stuff down, but may not have the physical talents.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Odds lead me to believe he is a flip candidate if you can do it. He’s not overtaking Jimmy, and people in QB premium leagues will give you value for him right now. I don’t see franchise QB traits. He’s a great story, but if you can get a piece that will provide your roster value, I’d take it (and did).

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Looks like he has played well enough to be the starter going forward.

What would you pay for him going right now though if you needed a cheap bye week fill in?
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Finished the season with 285 YPG, 64% completion percentage, 13 tds and 10 INTs in 8 games. Those numbers are not shabby. A bit too many INT's but that's kind of to be expected from an unheralded undrafted rookie. He also did that with limited offensive weapons. I was able to watch him play a little bit and he looked in command of the offense, didn't really look like a rookie. I think he has a really good chance to eventually become one of those roaming starters like Fitzpatrick or Keenum. Maybe pull a Romo and become a franchise guy at some point? Unlikely but possible I think.

captain_insano
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain_insano » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:18 pm

I stashed him. He might be a free agent next year.

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:45 pm

captain_insano wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:18 pm I stashed him. He might be a free agent next year.
I was forced to drop him for both teams in Sig due to roster limits but I most definitely plan on picking him back up late in the rookie/FA draft and stash him again. I liked what I saw out of him last year. He would be a nice backup to a team that has a injury prone QB come Free Agency next year
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:28 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:52 pm Finished the season with 285 YPG, 64% completion percentage, 13 tds and 10 INTs in 8 games. Those numbers are not shabby. A bit too many INT's but that's kind of to be expected from an unheralded undrafted rookie. He also did that with limited offensive weapons. I was able to watch him play a little bit and he looked in command of the offense, didn't really look like a rookie. I think he has a really good chance to eventually become one of those roaming starters like Fitzpatrick or Keenum. Maybe pull a Romo and become a franchise guy at some point? Unlikely but possible I think.
He looked the part to me but arm strength was a concern. I would think with all of the QB issues these days, he will get a shot somewhere. However, teams seem to like reaching for rookies and holding for too long. Mullens is undrafted and I'm sure that will unfairly work against him

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:48 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:52 pm Finished the season with 285 YPG, 64% completion percentage, 13 tds and 10 INTs in 8 games. Those numbers are not shabby. A bit too many INT's but that's kind of to be expected from an unheralded undrafted rookie. He also did that with limited offensive weapons. I was able to watch him play a little bit and he looked in command of the offense, didn't really look like a rookie. I think he has a really good chance to eventually become one of those roaming starters like Fitzpatrick or Keenum. Maybe pull a Romo and become a franchise guy at some point? Unlikely but possible I think.
He's Brian Hoyer all over again. Shanahan had him on bootlegs, roll outs and limited things for him.