Josh Adams - yay or nay?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Irbir
Starter
Starter

Josh Adams - yay or nay?

Postby Irbir » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Doug Pederson says Josh Adams is going to get more carries going forward. His numbers have looked good in limited action so far. Don’t know much about him so I’m wondering if he’s the real deal or if he’s just joshin’. What sayest thou?
Last edited by Irbir on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Adams - yay or nay?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:17 pm

No idea if he's the real deal. There is certainly opportunity, he's looked good in limited reps, and on a very good offense. I'm excited to see how this shakes out.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:23 pm

He'll likely need to be very good to have a real shot at relevance beyond this year, and the low rushing attempts in the PHI offense means he's likely a last gasp flex or only useable in larger leagues this year. Additionally we can expect a drop in efficiency if he does get lead back usage.

All that said, he has opportunity, which could yield some very positive results. He's a guy you hopefully picked up as a last bench spot guy a week or two ago, and not someone I would recommend paying for now as a legit dynasty asset.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Feel like this happens every year with philly

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:48 pm

I guess I’ll speak on his behalf.

On the surface, he’s “just another free agent rb that is getting limited opportunity due to injuries. A likely flash and gone.”

Josh Adams was stellar in college. He was written off because he ran behind what was considered the best OL in the nation, and he wasn’t really a high recruit so he wasn’t labeled a “destined” guy. Easy to just chalk up his very good production to the situation (his OL). Yet...he led the nation in yards per carry after contact. Isn’t that more the rb helping to pad the OL stats? I feel he helped them as much as they helped him.

Anyways...the undrafted bit...it came out shortly before the NFL draft that Adams possibly needed foot surgery. If you were running a team, would you go out of your way to get a big rb with unknown foot problems and a likely surgery his rookie offseason? Nope. You’d just draft a safer rb or another need, and pick up a rb after the draft. He had the profile to probably be a round 3-4 rb until the injury news hit. He’s past that injury risk as the surgery seemed to go fine.

Adams is easily an above average “free agent” rb. If you were lucky enough to see him on waivers in your leagues, congrats

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:51 pm

He has a great opportunity going forward. Now what he does with that is to be determined. I have actually been stashing him on my taxi squad all year, so I’m rooting for him to do well.

I turned down an offer of a 3rd round pick for him. I like his talent going forward. I mainly turned it down because I like my team as is and by getting an additional pick, I would have to drop another player and in addition to the 2 I already have to drop? Idk who that would be right now.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:48 pm

I’ll be honest, I hated his tape at Notre Dame. I saw absolutely nothing special, and thought he was the ultimate JAG.

He looks better in Philly than he did in college, but his ceiling is still probably a mid-low end RB2 unless they throw to him.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Never hurts to take a shot if he is a waiver claim. I think he has a shot at least to show Philly (much like Barber did) he can hold onto the job for at least a short period. How much value depends on your league & team needs.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:48 am

Ajayi always injured and Blount did well in Philly. I think if he can win the role he has touchdown heavy RB2 potential.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 am

As a rookie prospect Adams made my short list of RBs to evaluate further; he had great college production, out-performed his teammates, and his pro-day (no combine) were solid. However, after watching his college tape, I came away with a similar impression to what Lucky said. Maybe not a JAG, but Adams didn't look like a special talent. So he landed on my watch list as a guy to grab and flip if opportunity presented itself.

I put Josh Adams in the same category with Jordan Howard. They are really good football players and can hold down a starting gig for a while, possibly several seasons. However, they aren't good enough to force an opposing defense to game plan or make specific adjustments to stop them ... ultimately, that may get them replaced.

I grabbed him off of waivers about a month ago and am hanging onto him for insurance purposes. I'll probably look to sell after this season.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 am

Funny how RoJo was a top 8 pick and guys like Adams and Lindsey didn't get a sniff. Gotta love dynasty football.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:38 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 am Funny how RoJo was a top 8 pick and guys like Adams and Lindsey didn't get a sniff. Gotta love dynasty football.
I was higher on the top end potential of Adams than I was for RoJo even following Adams going undrafted...as nutty as that is...because I recognized WHY he was undrafted (fresh news of injury and need for surgery right before the draft). I entirely missed Lindsey. I figured he was too small and I was pretty sure Freeman was going to be pretty damn good.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:35 am

I wouldn't pay more than an early 3rd. Adams's fantasy output will be similar to Doug Martin's as a RB3/flex at best with PHI using a RBBC. He may "get more carries going forward", but PHI is unlikely to lead in many games ROS given the state of their secondary right now, which should lead to more Clement and Smallwood in the passing game and less Adams on the ground.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:45 am

rubber_duck wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 am I put Josh Adams in the same category with Jordan Howard.
That's fair and accurate IMO as far as talent assessment. I don't ever expect the same peak production, though, simply because they don't do feature back in Philadelphia. Still...Adams is underrated by many.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Does Adams have bricks for hands like Howars though?