Josh Adams - yay or nay?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Josh Adams - yay or nay?

Postby rubber_duck » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:05 am

Week 12 at home against the Giants could be viewed as a coming out party for him. The Eagles may build a lead and then use Adams to burn the clock in the second half. If you are wanting to flip him this season, then waiting for that game may be a smart move.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:04 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:51 am
Ice wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm Philly's run offense is a mess. He won't help much. Two down player at best and no one really runs on the Saints these days. He won't be on the field as the Eagles do not want to expose Wentz on passing downs.

Worth a free pick up but the Eagles will be addressing this position big time in the off season. Long term prospects are highly speculative.

Philly could get blown out this week. too many injuries in the secondary.
I agree with this (except maybe the "big time" addressing of the position in the offseason; I could see the Eagles continuing to build their RB corps via scraps from other teams). Josh Adams has looked like the best of the bunch since Ajayi went down, but this is a pass-first offense paired with an injury-depleted defense. The rushing opportunities are going to be limited, and he's going to continue to share the workload.

That said, he's fine as an end-of-the-bench stash. I just wouldn't get your hopes too high.
You could be correct on big time but the Eagles are in horrible cap space next year at a projected MINUS 11 million. (Ranks 31st) They may go the way of the Pats and take a RB in round 1 next year since they don't appear to have enough money to play in the FA market without a ton of cuts after the season. They future is not real rosy for the Eagles on the financial front.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:56 am

Ice wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:04 am
Ruggenater wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:51 am
Ice wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm Philly's run offense is a mess. He won't help much. Two down player at best and no one really runs on the Saints these days. He won't be on the field as the Eagles do not want to expose Wentz on passing downs.

Worth a free pick up but the Eagles will be addressing this position big time in the off season. Long term prospects are highly speculative.

Philly could get blown out this week. too many injuries in the secondary.
I agree with this (except maybe the "big time" addressing of the position in the offseason; I could see the Eagles continuing to build their RB corps via scraps from other teams). Josh Adams has looked like the best of the bunch since Ajayi went down, but this is a pass-first offense paired with an injury-depleted defense. The rushing opportunities are going to be limited, and he's going to continue to share the workload.

That said, he's fine as an end-of-the-bench stash. I just wouldn't get your hopes too high.
You could be correct on big time but the Eagles are in horrible cap space next year at a projected MINUS 11 million. (Ranks 31st) They may go the way of the Pats and take a RB in round 1 next year since they don't appear to have enough money to play in the FA market without a ton of cuts after the season. They future is not real rosy for the Eagles on the financial front.
Yeah, but they can get just shy of $19M in space back by moving on from Nick Foles. Nelson Agholor is a $9.4M decision.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:41 am He looks good, but that 2nd one I think 99% of backs will see that there were 0 defenders on that side of the field
Love to you, Jigga. I don't disagree, but what about the part at the end of the run where he breaks an arm tackle for an additional 6-7 yards? That's his calling card, yards after contact.

He's just a rookie. He gets downhill fast. For someone you can get free, behind that line and QB, I like him a lot.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:35 pm

mild wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:41 am He looks good, but that 2nd one I think 99% of backs will see that there were 0 defenders on that side of the field
Love to you, Jigga. I don't disagree, but what about the part at the end of the run where he breaks an arm tackle for an additional 6-7 yards? That's his calling card, yards after contact.

He's just a rookie. He gets downhill fast. For someone you can get free, behind that line and QB, I like him a lot.
Haha that was good! I mean if he can get going and they give him a workload I think he can be decent. I just dont see much of an opportunity I guess which is why my expectations are greatly tempered

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm

He was the only Eagle to look halfway decent today. Got the majority of the ground game and got three catches.

I think he's trending on the right direction.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 pm He was the only Eagle to look halfway decent today. Got the majority of the ground game and got three catches.

I think he's trending on the right direction.
Looked damn good on that TD run.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:42 pm

mild wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 am Last time I bang this drum, I promise. At least, for this week... 8-)
If he's on your wire still, you should be grabbing him.
That was last week. This is this week.

BANG! THAT! DRUM! :boohoo:

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 am

He's a JAG in my opinion. Rarely do UDFA running backs have a long life in the NFL. As an eagle fan, if we don't upgrade the running back position this offseason it will be a big mistake.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 am

jtsmalls wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 am Rarely do UDFA running backs have a long life in the NFL.
Yes, UDFAs don't typically do much. But we should take note of any player once they get their shot. If a guy starts getting playing time, then I start discounting where they came from and what their draft status was.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:19 am

If you need a ~RB3 down the stretch, you could do worse. If you own him though I'd probably be trying to move him for a quick draft pick. He looks like JAG prototype running back.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 am

jtsmalls wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 am He's a JAG in my opinion. Rarely do UDFA running backs have a long life in the NFL. As an eagle fan, if we don't upgrade the running back position this offseason it will be a big mistake.
They might not have a lot of better options. From my understanding, they have cap issues so Bell & Coleman are likely out of the question. I don’t think any rookie RBs warrants Day 1 or 2 selection, so in reality he could be the guy next year as well if he finishes 2018 strong. Not saying he’s got a long-term NFL career ahead, but you could do worse than a 1-2 year run at RB3 production for a waiver wire pick-up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:38 pm

rubber_duck wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 am
jtsmalls wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 am Rarely do UDFA running backs have a long life in the NFL.
Yes, UDFAs don't typically do much. But we should take note of any player once they get their shot. If a guy starts getting playing time, then I start discounting where they came from and what their draft status was.
Yeah, the fact that a UDFA gets playing time can actually say something else. They are fighting against the odds, and are gifted nothing, like players with draft pedigree can be. If they still make it onto the NFL field, there may be something there. Look at Jalen Richard, he's the best back on the Raiders, and he had to take the same route.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 am
jtsmalls wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 am He's a JAG in my opinion. Rarely do UDFA running backs have a long life in the NFL. As an eagle fan, if we don't upgrade the running back position this offseason it will be a big mistake.
They might not have a lot of better options. From my understanding, they have cap issues so Bell & Coleman are likely out of the question. I don’t think any rookie RBs warrants Day 1 or 2 selection, so in reality he could be the guy next year as well if he finishes 2018 strong. Not saying he’s got a long-term NFL career ahead, but you could do worse than a 1-2 year run at RB3 production for a waiver wire pick-up.
I'm with this reasoning. Eagles are up against the cap, so signing an RB that's going to be handed the job isn't likely. They may draft one, but you never know if he'll be a Ronald Jones and the incumbent hangs onto the job.

Long story short, he's a great value for some one who was free or cheap. You take these stabs even if it's against the odds.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:16 pm

He's looked pretty good to me in recent weeks. Philly's O doesn't look so hot, but then again, the Saints are on fire. But at least he's making something out of his playing time. Happy to have gotten him off waivers some weeks backs - good bench depth at least.
Last edited by DLF3000 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -