Re: Josh Adams - yay or nay?

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:34 pm

No, Adams is a respectable receiver.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:27 pm

Josh Adams is a great stash. Philly backs arent special and Ajayi isn't trustworthy heading into next season. Sproles retires too.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:48 pm I guess I’ll speak on his behalf.

On the surface, he’s “just another free agent rb that is getting limited opportunity due to injuries. A likely flash and gone.”

Josh Adams was stellar in college. He was written off because he ran behind what was considered the best OL in the nation, and he wasn’t really a high recruit so he wasn’t labeled a “destined” guy. Easy to just chalk up his very good production to the situation (his OL). Yet...he led the nation in yards per carry after contact. Isn’t that more the rb helping to pad the OL stats? I feel he helped them as much as they helped him.

Anyways...the undrafted bit...it came out shortly before the NFL draft that Adams possibly needed foot surgery. If you were running a team, would you go out of your way to get a big rb with unknown foot problems and a likely surgery his rookie offseason? Nope. You’d just draft a safer rb or another need, and pick up a rb after the draft. He had the profile to probably be a round 3-4 rb until the injury news hit. He’s past that injury risk as the surgery seemed to go fine.

Adams is easily an above average “free agent” rb. If you were lucky enough to see him on waivers in your leagues, congrats
Thank you for this. I hadn't done much research on deeper picks in this previous draft as I only had a first rounder. Seems like he at least has some potential. The situation is pretty muddy though
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Looks like Blount to me. Downhill freight train.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:29 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 pm The situation is pretty muddy though
Yes, it is

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:04 pm

His snap share is solidly rising, and he's the only RB making consistent plays through the tackles. Smallwood is meh. Clement is meh. Ajayi might be back, or might not be... I expect they'll feed him this week against NO in a must-win game.

Seems to me he's a borderline free gamble behind a top-5 O-line and a top-5 dynasty QB. Give him another offseason of NFL-level conditioning and learning the playbooks... I see no reason why he couldn't be Blount-esque, future wise.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Philly's run offense is a mess. He won't help much. Two down player at best and no one really runs on the Saints these days. He won't be on the field as the Eagles do not want to expose Wentz on passing downs.

Worth a free pick up but the Eagles will be addressing this position big time in the off season. Long term prospects are highly speculative.

Philly could get blown out this week. too many injuries in the secondary.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 am

Last time I bang this drum, I promise. At least, for this week... 8-)

Via Pat Thorman:

Josh Adams has forced one missed tackle every three rushing attempts this season.

Wendell Smallwood has one every 4.8 attempts.
Jay Ajayi had one every 5.6 attempts.
Corey Clement has one every 27.5 attempts.

... aaaaand I'm-a just gonna leave these here:

https://giphy.com/gifs/1AjUAnX3uhp7MDnfog

https://giphy.com/gifs/7FgZBSgiUeXUUDXq02

If he's on your wire still, you should be grabbing him.

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:10 am

mild wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 am Last time I bang this drum, I promise. At least, for this week... 8-)

Via Pat Thorman:

Josh Adams has forced one missed tackle every three rushing attempts this season.

Wendell Smallwood has one every 4.8 attempts.
Jay Ajayi had one every 5.6 attempts.
Corey Clement has one every 27.5 attempts.

... aaaaand I'm-a just gonna leave these here:

https://giphy.com/gifs/1AjUAnX3uhp7MDnfog

https://giphy.com/gifs/7FgZBSgiUeXUUDXq02

If he's on your wire still, you should be grabbing him.
Doesn’t look like Blount in those videos!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:41 am

He looks good, but that 2nd one I think 99% of backs will see that there were 0 defenders on that side of the field

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:09 am

I was able to get him for relatively cheap in the couple leagues that I didn't already own him. I expected to be outbid easily.

Has he not been noticed by the main stream yet? Or am I overly excited about his chances?
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:51 am

Ice wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 pm Philly's run offense is a mess. He won't help much. Two down player at best and no one really runs on the Saints these days. He won't be on the field as the Eagles do not want to expose Wentz on passing downs.

Worth a free pick up but the Eagles will be addressing this position big time in the off season. Long term prospects are highly speculative.

Philly could get blown out this week. too many injuries in the secondary.
I agree with this (except maybe the "big time" addressing of the position in the offseason; I could see the Eagles continuing to build their RB corps via scraps from other teams). Josh Adams has looked like the best of the bunch since Ajayi went down, but this is a pass-first offense paired with an injury-depleted defense. The rushing opportunities are going to be limited, and he's going to continue to share the workload.

That said, he's fine as an end-of-the-bench stash. I just wouldn't get your hopes too high.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:07 am

So I should stop sizing him up for a gold jacket?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:09 am I was able to get him for relatively cheap in the couple leagues that I didn't already own him. I expected to be outbid easily.

Has he not been noticed by the main stream yet? Or am I overly excited about his chances?
People in general arent excited. I shopped him to yhe Eagles fan in my league and his interest was minimal.