The Real Lamar Jackson Thread

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: The Real Lamar Jackson Thread

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:12 am

Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 pm I am prepared for more trolling, lies, and personal attacks. Go ahead
You should report them to the moderators if that is how you feel.

However, the only personal attacks I have seen so far are from yourself - calling other people liars & delusional. And if memory serves correctly you are the same person who basically called people names for disagreeing with your take that Geronimo Allison was worth more than Lamar Jackson. I believe the majority of people on that thread disagreed with your valuation and still would today.

Here is an easy example:
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:58 pm I cannot believe someone is diligently defending offering GA for LJax. It is an awful offer and I say that as a GA owner.

That said - RG3 might start, apparently.
Its because Allison is a clear overpay for Jackson. Not sure what bizarre paint based substance the people in this thread are smoking but it is either that destroying their brain cells or they just don’t play in good dynasty leagues and can get away with being so sloppy and uninformed. Either way it isn’t a good look for this forum

Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 pm I’ve answered every post, over and over, with data and analysis. You’ve trolled, lied, avoided addressing anything I actually say to instead manufacture fake things I have t said. I literally come into these threads, State a ton of facts and analysis(that keep being proven true no less), and then get personally trolled and attacked by low effort jackasses who contribute exactly ZERO to the conversation. An

Considering you have a total of 1 more post on this thread before your post about Brady & Jackson - back on Jan 6th
Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:09 pm Yeah obviously prevent D seems like a terrible idea. But the coaches look at the score: 23-3 with 9:00 left, and read their charts, that say that no team has ever come back from that deficit in the playoffs in that amount of time, so they play the odds, that tell them if they just go prevent and don’t make any big mistakes they’ll win the game at a rate approaching 100% of the time, even if they give up multiple scores. They did that and the stat remains the same, regardless of them allowing 74 total net yards and -2 net passing yards in the first 3 and 1/4 quarters, and like triple that during their prevent scheme during garbage time. Sure it seems stupid, but it worked again!
No you do not have a history of facts & analysis on your side on this thread. Basically you just lied and an easily proven one at that. But feel free to pretend otherwise - I do not think many people will buy it though.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:12 am
Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 pm I am prepared for more trolling, lies, and personal attacks. Go ahead
You should report them to the moderators if that is how you feel.

However, the only personal attacks I have seen so far are from yourself - calling other people liars & delusional. And if memory serves correctly you are the same person who basically called people names for disagreeing with your take that Geronimo Allison was worth more than Lamar Jackson. I believe the majority of people on that thread disagreed with your valuation and still would today.

Here is an easy example:
Elroypedro wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 pm
Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:58 pm I cannot believe someone is diligently defending offering GA for LJax. It is an awful offer and I say that as a GA owner.

That said - RG3 might start, apparently.
Its because Allison is a clear overpay for Jackson. Not sure what bizarre paint based substance the people in this thread are smoking but it is either that destroying their brain cells or they just don’t play in good dynasty leagues and can get away with being so sloppy and uninformed. Either way it isn’t a good look for this forum

Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 pm I’ve answered every post, over and over, with data and analysis. You’ve trolled, lied, avoided addressing anything I actually say to instead manufacture fake things I have t said. I literally come into these threads, State a ton of facts and analysis(that keep being proven true no less), and then get personally trolled and attacked by low effort jackasses who contribute exactly ZERO to the conversation. An

Considering you have a total of 1 more post on this thread before your post about Brady & Jackson - back on Jan 6th
Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:09 pm Yeah obviously prevent D seems like a terrible idea. But the coaches look at the score: 23-3 with 9:00 left, and read their charts, that say that no team has ever come back from that deficit in the playoffs in that amount of time, so they play the odds, that tell them if they just go prevent and don’t make any big mistakes they’ll win the game at a rate approaching 100% of the time, even if they give up multiple scores. They did that and the stat remains the same, regardless of them allowing 74 total net yards and -2 net passing yards in the first 3 and 1/4 quarters, and like triple that during their prevent scheme during garbage time. Sure it seems stupid, but it worked again!
No you do not have a history of facts & analysis on your side on this thread. Basically you just lied and an easily proven one at that. But feel free to pretend otherwise - I do not think many people will buy it though.
I had almost a dozen posts on this thread disappear when another member used multiple accounts to troll me and moderators erased them.

Jigga94 was literally lying further up the thread when I pointed that out.

You are too by posting false information about my post history in this thread.

This is the pattern:

I post information and analysis. I get ad hominem attacks. I post more information. I get more ad hominem attacks and nothing substantial or constructive in response, ever here. I call that out, and then someone like you says that I am attacking people by calling them out for being trolls and liars and being disingenuous and for not posting ANYTHING constructive.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:16 am

Elroypedro wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am
I post information and analysis. I get ad hominem attacks. I post more information. I get more ad hominem attacks and nothing substantial or constructive in response, ever here. I call that out, and then someone like you says that I am attacking people by calling them out for being trolls and liars and being disingenuous and for not posting ANYTHING constructive.
Don't really want to get into the middle here but read your post carefully.

There are 5 sentences in your last paragraph and every single one begins with I.

In business you would be disciplined for this type of writing. Readers get offended or tune out writers when it is all about the writer. Perhaps there are better ways to get points across.

Nothing wrong with opinions but expressing those as if you are party of one or attacking is not a great approach. Take it personally if you like but this thread isn't about you or shouldn't be about you IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 am

Wowzers.

I'll chirp in, but, I'll stay out of the skirmish. L.Jackson is far from a finished product. He is very inexperienced and raw. Jackson is a gifted athlete and a very talented runner with good speed, wiggle, and vision. His passing is - well, not good. I'm not confident that his passing will ever get to avg NFL standards. I'm also not sure if it will have to get to that level considering the other attributes he can bring to the table. The jury is very much out on Jackson and I'd assume that by this time next year, we'll know a lot more. I personally have zero stock in L.Jackson and at this point in time, I rank him in the 20-25 range and I value J.Allen higher.

Lots of opinions on this topic and some folks seemed to get a bit sensitive. Lets try not to attack each other. Remember, there is much to learn from opposing points of view - if you allow yourself to openly listen.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 am

JFever wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 am Lots of opinions on this topic and some folks seemed to get a bit sensitive. Lets try not to attack each other. Remember, there is much to learn from opposing points of view - if you allow yourself to openly listen.
Originally why the thread was started. I wanted to see where everyone was at with him. He's obviously got a long way to go with passing but the rushing makes his floor very high. I like asking where people have him ranked because even the highest person on him and the lowest may only be about 5-8 spots apart. The conversation just got blown pretty far out of the water when things like "you're not even in dynasty leagues so pipe down" come into the conversation. Calm down Pedro, none of us are trolling you here.

I have Jackson above guys like Rivers, Brees, Been and Brady because of age. He's right there in the bunch of Allen, Mariota, Darnold, Carr, Rosen. Pretty much all of whom Jackson outscored this year on a per game basis.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 am

Fair enough Jigga94. No fault in ranking him where you have him. I understand your take but I personally have him lower than you do and If I were to bet, I don't think he will be a fantasy qb worth rostering in the long term. I could be wrong, but I see him as likely to get seriously injured at some point (given his size, body style,and running tendencies) - and if you take his running away even somewhat, he will be near worthless as his floor gets lower. It isn't only his issues with accuracy that concern me. It's the cerebral part of the game that I'm a bit worried about along with the surrounding cast, & focus on defense and run game. I give him a ton of credit for his 2018 performance and production though. He just isn't the type of qb I'd like to hitch my wagon to.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:22 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 am Fair enough Jigga94. No fault in ranking him where you have him. I understand your take but I personally have him lower than you do and If I were to bet, I don't think he will be a fantasy qb worth rostering in the long term. I could be wrong, but I see him as likely to get seriously injured at some point (given his size, body style,and running tendencies) - and if you take his running away even somewhat, he will be near worthless as his floor gets lower. It isn't only his issues with accuracy that concern me. It's the cerebral part of the game that I'm a bit worried about along with the surrounding cast, & focus on defense and run game. I give him a ton of credit for his 2018 performance and production though. He just isn't the type of qb I'd like to hitch my wagon to.
I get that 100% they are all valid concerns. He needs to improve as a passer to keep the rushing floor where it is. I should mention that I don't have any 1QB dynasty leagues either. That may be why I value him somewhat more because I think he, along with Allen and a few others have great weekly value as a QB2. Whereas, if it was 1QB I'd probably avoid him altogether because of the reasons you mentioned

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am I had almost a dozen posts on this thread disappear when another member used multiple accounts to troll me and moderators erased them.
I am sure a moderator will inform us if this is true.
Elroypedro wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am You are too by posting false information about my post history in this thread.
I am sure a moderator will inform us if this is true.
Elroypedro wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am This is the pattern:

I certainly am waiting for you to post something that I feel is constructive. I certainly have no objections to your comparing Jackson to Rivers or Brady, but I do not feel the way you did it was accurate or constructive.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 am I have Jackson above guys like Rivers, Brees, Been and Brady because of age. He's right there in the bunch of Allen, Mariota, Darnold, Carr, Rosen. Pretty much all of whom Jackson outscored this year on a per game basis.
For me it really depends on which lens you view Jackson.

I think all those names mentioned have safer floors & more consistent QB1 upside going into 2019, simply due to their experience, talent, & past proven situations. However I would likely agree that Jackson could have higher potential upside going forward, and could reach a sort of Cam Newton level fantasy value. Whether or not he is going to reach that or even more full potential we shall see. I tend to be cautious but optimistic. I definitely do not think this last game defines Jacksons career by any means.

I'd say Jackson is the type of QB you want as your number 2, so you can plug him in, if he continues to advance, but do not need to rely on if he is uneven.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Agreed. I do play in only 1qb leagues so, I'd be ok with L.Jackson as my #2. Depending on him more frequently than a few weeks out of the fantasy season isn't something I'd like to do at this point knowing what I know now.

Could he improve, sure. Could things go south for him, yep, that to is possible. I guess he is a polarizing kind of guy. Qb's with skill sets like his tend to be pretty polarizing.

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 am

[/quote]

I had almost a dozen posts on this thread disappear when another member used multiple accounts to troll me and moderators erased them.

Jigga94 was literally lying further up the thread when I pointed that out.

You are too by posting false information about my post history in this thread.

This is the pattern:

[/quote]

Elroypedro, several posts (not just yours) were deleted as they were validly reported as being off-topic and unnecessary. Everyone, please keep it respectful.
Thanks.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Thanks for the update - much appreciated. :)

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:30 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:13 pm Thanks for the update - much appreciated. :)
x2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 am

I apparently missed the fun in this one
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:23 am