The Real Lamar Jackson Thread

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: The Real Lamar Jackson Thread

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:00 pm

GOAT Thread. Really though Lamar deserves another year before everyone judges him. He has most definitely earned that and I don't think that can be argued. If I were to trade him id want at least a first in a one Qb league, but that's just my opinion.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 pm

I will say this, Lamar was probably my favorite post game interview subject a couple years ago... I am not suee what is rattling around in his head. I dont know about him being worth a 1st rd pick in 1 qb leagues. Not many are, at least in my experience. The position has been devalued too much.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am

Blueboy wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:12 pm
mild wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:02 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:04 pm ... Sure, Darnold is 21 and the youngest to ever start. Allen has a terrible offense and what the hell are they doing with Rosen? But I think theres a clear path for Jackson to be the 2nd best rookie in this class.
On the age thing, it's worth pointing out that both Lamar and Rosen are both only 6 months older than Darnold - functionally, the whole "Darnold is so young and raw" narrative is kind of bunk, they're all super young and raw. Growing pains with these rooks will be inevitable.

Think about it - if LJ gets 6-10 possessions in a game, there is just no way he won't pile up at least 10-20 yards per sustained drive on the ground. His ability to convert a 3rd-and-short is elite already. His weekly rushing floor will probably be around 80 yards - and that's if he doesn't break one, and I'd consider that the basement. If you can get a TD on top of that, either rushing or passing (and I think that's a fair expectation) then you're now eyeballing the 15-20 point range. That's a great floor in Superflex! And the upside if he DOES have a big game will be... tremendous.

I'm excited for him. With this running style he may spend a bit of time injured in his career. But I know he's tough as hell, and his teammates are already in awe of him, and I think they'll all want to play hard for him. It might be a bit ugly, but it's also going to be a lot of fun. /rant over :thumbup:
I'm also high on him, but I think there's a lot of wishful thinking here. An 80 yard rushing floor would be crazy.
Hell yeah, lets bump the REAL Lamar Jackson thread!
mild wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:11 am
Chwf3rd wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 pm Problem is that you need to be a starting QB to be a great fantasy QB and I’m very uncertain that he’ll ever become a long term starting QB.
This is dynasty, personally I'm playing Superflex... it's just so early to call it one way or the other. Vick is on record as saying Lamar is "more ready than he was for the pros" coming out of college. He is clearly elite with his legs already, and he's only a few months older than Darnold.

He doesn't have to be Aaron Rodgers. But could he be Mitch Trubisky...? Because that's all that should be required once they develop an offense around him - screens, quick hits, deep shots, and the constant threat of his legs. Scheme it up and I think he could "get it" as he gets comfortable.
Goddamn it's been a long year :lol:

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 am

Why did we need to create a 2nd lamar jackson thread?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:43 am

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 am Why did we need to create a 2nd lamar jackson thread?
A necro thread for somebody to peacock that they were right about Jackson.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:03 am

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:43 am
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:42 am Why did we need to create a 2nd lamar jackson thread?
A necro thread for somebody to peacock that they were right about Jackson.
I dont care. Just seems weird. But ok

"I'm a peacock baby, you gotta let me fly!"
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:19 pm

mild wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am
mild wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:02 pm
I'm also high on him, but I think there's a lot of wishful thinking here. An 80 yard rushing floor would be crazy.
Averaging 78 rushing YPG thus far. So close.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Blueboy wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:19 pm
mild wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am

Averaging 78 rushing YPG thus far. So close.
I'll take it, and there's still time. :D

I heard it phrased pretty well the other day - an 80 yard day rushing is equivalent to a 200 yard day passing in most leagues. Some QB's only finish with 200 yards some games... and then you factor in everything else he gives you on top. He really is a cheat code.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:13 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:41 am I have no idea if he's going to be good, but I know that if he is good by NFL standards then he is going to be AMAZING when it comes to fantasy. I drafted and stashed him every league I could, and instantly grabbed him if he became a free agent. He's going to be a very solid starting option immediately upon getting the starting job solely because of his running game numbers and the passing numbers will be gravy. It's about if/when he starts producing well as a passer that he could become an elite fantasy option. Tebow and Terrelle Pryor were both very good fantasy QBs for a time almost entirely because of their running production, and Lamar is just as good if not better than them on the ground and far better as a passer.
I didn't see him being this good in year 2, but I definitely thought he had a chance to be special.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:44 am

I have Swift and Taylor in a devy Superflex league. What would I need to add to one of those guys to get Lamar Jackson from you?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:44 am I have Swift and Taylor in a devy Superflex league. What would I need to add to one of those guys to get Lamar Jackson from you?
If you put them both on the table, I'd maybe start thinking about it.

If it was only one, then at least another two 1sts - and even then, I'm looking at your roster trying to ascertain how far back those picks will be. Late 1sts aren't going to excite me much.

We spend so much time trying to roll our value "up" into consolidated spots. When I'm holding the pinnacle of the mountaintop at a position, especially one like QB in a SF league - then even monster offers can be turned down if my team is in a good spot. The point is to win, at the end of the day. Lamar is going to help teams do that for the next 4 years, at least.