The Real Lamar Jackson Thread

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: The Real Lamar Jackson Thread

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:24 pm

Yeah its one of those lose if you win and lose if you lose situations. No one will credit the Prevent Defence - they'll say well the score was 23-3. But if they were to have lost the game, they'll say why the bleep were you using Prevent? Playing the odds works until it doesnt and people will always remember the exceptions more than the norm.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:54 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:24 pm
darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:23 pm And unbelievably he fumbles...
OL is a priority this off-season.
QB should be a priority. Jackson is not a qb. Seen this pony show before.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:03 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:54 pm
darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:23 pm And unbelievably he fumbles...
Which QB should they draft?

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:09 pm

Haskins is bar none a better QB than Jackson, but obviously they aren’t drafting QB for at least another 2-3 year. Honestly I think Haskins is going to prove a lot of people wrong next year, but I guess that’s for a different thread
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Flacco is bar none above Jackson for me in a real football situation. I honestly dont like any of the QBs that well in this coming draft but would take haskins over him for sure.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:56 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Flacco is bar none above Jackson for me in a real football situation. I honestly dont like any of the QBs that well in this coming draft but would take haskins over him for sure.
So you think Flacco would've also taken this team to the playoffs?

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:20 pm

Today I felt like I was watching a Chargers team that finally had enough tape on Lamar and exposed his limitations. He is going to need to develop as a passer if he is going to survive in this league. It always seems to take NFL defenses a little while to figure out a new QB, especially one with a unique skill set like Lamar. I'm not saying Jackson is done by any stretch, but today brought to life all of my fears about what I perceived to be Lamar's limitations and he didn't have an answer for them except against prevent defense where I think he caught a little luck. As an owner, here's hoping he proves me wrong next season.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:35 pm

Where are the bill polian jokes now?

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:59 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:56 pm

No probably not but if they had invested that first in a wr or oline I think it would have been more beneficial. There defense is stacked and flavor has proven he can win a SB before. Like said above I think lamar had a great run cuz teams didnt have any tape on him and now he has some big adjustments to make over the off season. I think Flacco could have done what he did today or better. The fumbles are a MAJOR problem. Jist my opinion but I never believed in Jackson as a franchise qb.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm

I believe the 1st round pick was 1.32

Philadelphia traded their first- and fourth-round selections (32nd and 132nd) to Baltimore in exchange for Baltimore's second- and fourth-round selections (52nd and 125th) and a second-round selection in 2019.[T

The WRs drafted between 32 & 52 were

Courtland Sutton
Dante Pettis
Christian Kirk
Anthony Miller

To be honest, I am not sure if any of them with Flacco would have changed much.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:56 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:59 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:56 pm

No probably not but if they had invested that first in a wr or oline I think it would have been more beneficial. There defense is stacked and flavor has proven he can win a SB before. Like said above I think lamar had a great run cuz teams didnt have any tape on him and now he has some big adjustments to make over the off season. I think Flacco could have done what he did today or better. The fumbles are a MAJOR problem. Jist my opinion but I never believed in Jackson as a franchise qb.
6-1 and almost won today, as a rookie QB. Quit hating. Guy had a GREAT rookie season and has tons of potential. Take the L for this season and we will see what happens next season. He has just as much a chance of getting better as he does of getting worse.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Regarding those who say Baltimore should have inserted Flacco in the 2nd half. Flacco would not have been able to execute the game plan that they drew up for Jackson, due to his limited mobility. Had they attempted to do so, I doubt the Ravens would have had any more success offensively. Also, how many 1st-team reps do you think Flacco has taken in the last two months? Probably very few.

So purposely inserting a player with physical limitations that would hamper his ability to execute the game plan, and with virtually no preparation would have been a terrible decision by Harbaugh. Additionally, had they done so and Flacco was injured, it may well have made it more difficult to trade him, which is clearly their intention.

Jackson wasn't great today, but as others have said he's got just as much of a chance to improve in the passing game as he does to stagnate or regress. I'll give him a bit more time.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:50 pm Regarding those who say Baltimore should have inserted Flacco in the 2nd half. Flacco would not have been able to execute the game plan that they drew up for Jackson, due to his limited mobility. Had they attempted to do so, I doubt the Ravens would have had any more success offensively. Also, how many 1st-team reps do you think Flacco has taken in the last two months? Probably very few.

So purposely inserting a player with physical limitations that would hamper his ability to execute the game plan, and with virtually no preparation would have been a terrible decision by Harbaugh. Additionally, had they done so and Flacco was injured, it may well have made it more difficult to trade him, which is clearly their intention.

Jackson wasn't great today, but as others have said he's got just as much of a chance to improve in the passing game as he does to stagnate or regress. I'll give him a bit more time.
I agree completely, but I think the calls for Flacco were more about Jackson just having a straight up stinker and people think Christ they need to do something or the dream is dead. I too believe nothing would have changed but Jackson really was having his worst game of the year in the biggest game so Ravens fans were grasping at straws.
I'm not a big Jackson fan but no way do you go back to Flacco next year, they have to see what they have in Jackson now.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:13 pm

I like Mark Andrews, and the connection between him and Lamar appears to be the real deal.

However, I don't know if I'd love a highly-touted rookie WR getting drafted to that offense. Lamar will have to take some strides before a receiving option can become really relevant IMO, which, at 22 he has some time to do I guess.

FeartheRavens06
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FeartheRavens06 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:25 am

It was so incredibly frustrating watching that game. Mind boggling how a QB can go into half time with NEGATIVE passing yards. Not just in this game but in seemingly every game since he was named starter he has had an open receiver just standing there waiting for the ball and Jackson throws it into the ground two yards in front of him. Then he'll go and throw a dime like he did during the regular season Chargers game to Andrews for a 70 yd TD. He's all over the place in terms of throwing but I've seen so many horrible throws from him I don't have a whole lot of hope for him. He's got ALOT of improving to do as a passer
11th year ESPN, 0.5 PPR, 12 team
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, FLEX, 1TE, 2LB, 2DL, 2DB, 1 IDP FLEX

QB: Luck, Stafford
RB: Henry, Michel, Penny, Coleman, AP, Ekeler
WR: OBJ, Adams, Diggs, Cooks, Jeffery, Allison, Moncrief
TE: Herndon, Doyle, Seals-Jones
LB: Kuechly, Wagner, Williamson, Kendricks, Hitchens, McMillan, J Brown (TEN)
DL: Clark, Dunlap, Hughes, Weatherly, Vernon
DB: Collins, Adams, Tartt, Bates, Peppers