The Real Lamar Jackson Thread

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Real Lamar Jackson Thread

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 am Jackson related question. I just acquired Mark Andrews as an add in on a trade. He was the TE14 while Lamar was starting. Has he shown chemistry with L Jax? Is this the type of situation where not the best arm talent leads to throwing to TE more than the perimeter WRs?
Possibly but the problem is just his accuracy and timing. He isn't very consistent with either so short passes in the middle aren't really "easier" when those 2 factors don't align most of the time. That may keep them from making some 3rd downs consistently enough to sustain drives if he can't escape on 3rd.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:18 am

Brady is 5/5 for 50 yards halfway through the first drive of the game against SD. Jackson was something like 5/17 for -2 net yards through 3 and a half quarters before garbage time last week for a 0.0 passer rating. Of course it isn’t fair to compare Jackson to Brady but it definitely does show that SD defense is pretty easy to move the ball on after all. Jackson was just historically bad

Edit:

Barely into the 2nd quarter, 15/19 158 yards and 1TD. Led them down for 2 other TD drives. RIP Chargers D. RIP Lamar Jackson excuses

2:00 left in the 2nd, 18/24 211 yards and 1TD. Led the team down the field for 4 other short rushing TDs. 35-7.
Team 1
10 team .5 PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1Flex

QB: Brees, Cousins
RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington
TE: Kelce, Herndon

Picks:
2019 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Goff only had 180 yards and 4 INT against the great Bears defense. But then the elite arm of Brock Osweiler picked apart that same Chicago defense with 380 yards and 3 TD. I guess we should all crown Brock Osweiler too? Troll.

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:33 pm Goff only had 180 yards and 4 INT against the great Bears defense. But then the elite arm of Brock Osweiler picked apart that same Chicago defense with 380 yards and 3 TD. I guess we should all crown Brock Osweiler too? Troll.
Your post is the troll post here. Absolutely off topic, non sequitur, and only meant to make argument for argument’s sake rather than contribute anything constructive.

The fact is that San Diego pass D was bad this year against any good QB. Including Goff. Lamar Jackson is the farthest thing from a good QB possible, and he got exposed as that with one of the worst playoff performances in league history against this D that looks putrid against a good QB.

The excuses have run dry for Jackson for that performance. The last one left is that he is absolutely abysmal because he is young. Let’s see how long you hang onto that one.
Team 1

RB: McCaffery, Guice, D Williams, Breida, Drake, Penny, S Ware, R Jones, J Adams, I Smith
WR: A Brown, Jeffery, Robinson, Ridley, Pettis, Miller, Shepard, Callaway, MVS, Washington

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:53 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:33 pm Goff only had 180 yards and 4 INT against the great Bears defense. But then the elite arm of Brock Osweiler picked apart that same Chicago defense with 380 yards and 3 TD. I guess we should all crown Brock Osweiler too? Troll.
Your post is the troll post here. Absolutely off topic, non sequitur, and only meant to make argument for argument’s sake rather than contribute anything constructive.

The fact is that San Diego pass D was bad this year against any good QB. Including Goff. Lamar Jackson is the farthest thing from a good QB possible, and he got exposed as that with one of the worst playoff performances in league history against this D that looks putrid against a good QB.

The excuses have run dry for Jackson for that performance. The last one left is that he is absolutely abysmal because he is young. Let’s see how long you hang onto that one.
so then if we agree hes bad, will you leave?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:35 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm

More trolling from another delusional Lamar Jackson owner. How is your time possibly so cheap that you spend it that way? At least I am actually discussing reality and facts, and am having good faith discussions despite useless posters like you trolling again and again here.
Team 1

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:59 pm

What rank do you have Jackson at? 20th? 32nd? 45th?

Personally, he's my QB16 right there with Allen. They both have tons of potential and are super young. Both put up very good numbers besides a few half's here and there (sorry the rookie QB weren't perfect, point to one that was so I can get him).

Jackson put up low QB1 - high QB2 numbers each game since starting. 1 bad half in his first playoff game (where he was the youngest rookie QB to ever start) and still finished with a good fantasy day.

No one is saying he's some elite passer. He never will be. The point is, he had a great year from a fantasy standpoint and that's from the rushing. Some people just love to hold onto 1 bad half to validate their opinion. Which is why I put that "off topic" stat there. It's pretty bad to look at a one half performance and rank someone dynasty wise, isn't it? See my point now? Jackson isnt a top 12 QB and I don't think anyone is making that case.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Ranking/Judging someone based on 1 half of play is kind of like judging someone based on YPC with a 4 carry sample size. I see a trend here

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm Ranking/Judging someone based on 1 half of play is kind of like judging someone based on YPC with a 4 carry sample size. I see a trend here
You are lying by misrepresenting what I am saying. I have laid in depth analysis on both players out over and over and you lie by boiling it down to argue against stuff I never wrote because there is no argument against the reality and the facts that I did write. Your teams aren’t even dynasty teams. What is the point of coming here to lie and troll?
Team 1

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:04 pm Ranking/Judging someone based on 1 half of play is kind of like judging someone based on YPC with a 4 carry sample size. I see a trend here
You are lying by misrepresenting what I am saying. I have laid in depth analysis on both players out over and over and you lie by boiling it down to argue against stuff I never wrote because there is no argument against the reality and the facts that I did write. Your teams aren’t even dynasty teams. What is the point of coming here to lie and troll?
Did you see my other post or ignoring it? I really don't care what you have to think about my leagues, troll. Stay on topic please. Just tell me where you have Jackson in your ranks and we can go on our ways. It's obvious you care greatly about this to keep coming back

Elroypedro
Starter
Starter

Postby Elroypedro » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:16 pm
Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:09 pm
Did you see my other post or ignoring it? I really don't care what you have to think about my leagues, troll. Stay on topic please. Just tell me where you have Jackson in your ranks and we can go on our ways. It's obvious you care greatly about this to keep coming back
I’ve answered every post, over and over, with data and analysis. You’ve trolled, lied, avoided addressing anything I actually say to instead manufacture fake things I have t said. I literally come into these threads, State a ton of facts and analysis(that keep being proven true no less), and then get personally trolled and attacked by low effort jackasses who contribute exactly ZERO to the conversation. And now you want to engage on something meaningful? Laughable. But, as usual, I will be the bigger person here, and tell you that Jackson is definitely not as high as 16th in dynasty rankings. Likely in the 20-25 range. There is almost no argument for him ahead of any of the following:

Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Luck, Goff, Wilson, Newton, Mayfield, Wentz, Trubisky, Ryan, Garropolo, Winston, Cousins, Brees, Stafford, Darnold, Roethlisberger, Rivers. That’s 19.

He is somewhere in the group with Prescott, Allen, Mariota, Rosen, Foles, Brady.

I think i would trade Brady for him. I personally would need Jackson+ to trade Allen or Prescott. Don’t think anyone that would put him above 20th can be taken seriously in any way.

I am prepared for more trolling, lies, and personal attacks. Go ahead
Team 1

Picks:
2020 1, 2, 3, 4

*2018 Champ*

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:35 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:15 pm

More trolling from another delusional Lamar Jackson owner. How is your time possibly so cheap that you spend it that way? At least I am actually discussing reality and facts, and am having good faith discussions despite useless posters like you trolling again and again here.
that's a weird way of saying no lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:14 am

This thread took a hard left turn.

A Few Points.

1) It is kind of hard to be considered a troll with over 3000 posts.

2) Brady is considered one of the best All Time by 100% of football fans and coaches.

3) Jackson is a rookie but little more than blob of clay that has yet to be molded into a finished product. He is not accurate but does have certain skills few others at the position have. Time will tell but the reality is he is 6-1 in the regular season and 0-1 in the playoffs.

4) If one wants to breakdown Jackson in a bit more detail look at how he improves during the game. It would surprise more than a few around here that Jackson's 4th quarter QB rating this season is 118.4 which is double his 2nd quarter QB rating. Jackson also has a QB rating on the road that is 96.9 which is 20 points higher than at home.

Jackson was 21 this season playing in a grown man's league. He settles in pretty good during games already. As he grows, his skill sets and maturity should improve.

Youngest QB in history to make a start in a playoff game. The haters may want to cut him a little slack to learn the position IMO.

BTW, I don't own him anywhere and not close to my top 20 but I am monitoring his improvement closely and if he continues his early trend of getting better during games I could see buying him at some point.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:32 am

Elroypedro wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:18 am Brady is 5/5 for 50 yards halfway through the first drive of the game against SD. Jackson was something like 5/17 for -2 net yards through 3 and a half quarters before garbage time last week for a 0.0 passer rating. Of course it isn’t fair to compare Jackson to Brady but it definitely does show that SD defense is pretty easy to move the ball on after all. Jackson was just historically bad

Edit:

Barely into the 2nd quarter, 15/19 158 yards and 1TD. Led them down for 2 other TD drives. RIP Chargers D. RIP Lamar Jackson excuses

2:00 left in the 2nd, 18/24 211 yards and 1TD. Led the team down the field for 4 other short rushing TDs. 35-7.
Hmm, and Brady was a 6th round long shot that most experts said would compete for the practice squad when he was drafted. Makes me wonder what you would have said about him after his rookie year?

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 am

Even if Baltimore drafts another 1st RD WR (which will probably bust, but maybe they won't now that Ozzie is gone)...I don't know if I'd trust them. I'd almost lean that Andrews would be the most trustworthy receiving option in that offense.