Derek Carr Thread: King of the Underrated QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Derek Carr

Postby Flschbrger » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 pm

raiders444 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am Would love to see Raiders stay the course with Carr, and draft defense with those 1st round picks next year. Maybe add an RB and WR in rounds 2-3. Getting rid of Carr would REALLY set them back even more so than they currently are
That might be seen as a lost year in terms of development on offense if they slide a rookie in there. If they paired that with signing a good WR then I'm all for it. None of the starting WR's this year can be lining up in 2 or 3 WR sets next year.
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Derek Carr available?

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:59 am

Las Vegas Review Journal's Vincent Bonsignore writes "multiple teams" are expected to pursue a trade for Derek Carr.
The Raiders "figure to at least listen", especially if offers include multiple first-round picks. Carr's contract is very tradable for both parties. He'd only cost the Raiders $2.5 million in dead cap if traded, and the acquiring team would have Carr for two years at about $20 million per season, all non-guaranteed. Carr finished eighth in expected points added (EPA) per dropback last season and will only be 30 years old in 2021. Bonsignore lists the Colts, Bears, Patriots and Washington as potential suitors, along with the Texans if Deshaun Watson is actually available. If Carr is dealt for draft picks instead of players, the Raiders could turn to Marcus Mariota, who is due $11.4 million this upcoming season, as their short-term answer. But the big dream certainly is to flip Carr and the Raiders' own first-round picks into Watson.
Love "are expected", lol. This screams to me like it comes from the team, almost like Vegas is trying to see what they can get if Stafford went for 2 1sts.

Carr enters the competition for consolation prize options for teams that miss on Watson and Stafford. Guessing NFC teams like Washington, Carolina and Chicago. Could Vegas blacklist AFC teams?

If Vegas let go of Carr, are they comfortable with Mariota starting? FA option alternatives?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Derek Carr available?

Postby AussieMate » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:33 pm

This isn't a dig at Carr but we've seen for years now that teams will sit on a mediocre to ok QB for years before trying to change that, I'm pretty excited to see a market for QB's to open up with Stafford and Goff getting traded, Watson possibly on the outer along with Wentz and even talks of Carr and Rodgers. There are plenty of QB's like Tanni who I think would benefit from learning on a new team with different philosophies, if this was to start becoming the norm I think we might see a few more QB's rise from purgatory like Tanni, interesting times in the NFL.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:51 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:59 am Love "are expected", lol. This screams to me like it comes from the team, almost like Vegas is trying to see what they can get if Stafford went for 2 1sts.
I got exactly the same vibe. I think this is them trying to shadow-box their way into the DeShaun Watson sweepstakes; kinda like the guy at the Poker Table who thinks he's being sneaky-smaaaht (but is actually infinitely readable). Gruden comparing Carr to Brady on the Collinsworth podcast yesterday was just -long infinite groan-.

Contract-wise, this does make a certain amount of sense for LVR - any Carr trade would incur a 2.5 million dollar dead cap for 2021 and nothing in the future (and he's due 22 million if they keep him); meanwhile they've got the highest paid backup QB in the league in Mariota due 10 million if they keep him for 2021.

Certainly they're not going to beat the Chiefs for the division any time soon, and they'll probably be a distant 3rd to the Chargers no less - so you might as well see what Carr fetches if you can get more-or-less the same production out of Mariota and anything close to the haul DET got for Stafford.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:52 pm

AussieMate wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:33 pm This isn't a dig at Carr but we've seen for years now that teams will sit on a mediocre to ok QB for years before trying to change that, I'm pretty excited to see a market for QB's to open up with Stafford and Goff getting traded, Watson possibly on the outer along with Wentz and even talks of Carr and Rodgers. There are plenty of QB's like Tanni who I think would benefit from learning on a new team with different philosophies, if this was to start becoming the norm I think we might see a few more QB's rise from purgatory like Tanni, interesting times in the NFL.
Great point. I'd love if this were more the norm. And I love turmoil for fantasy football purposes too.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm all for them moving on from Carr given his price and dead cap. I don't see Mariota as a solution, but I would love it as I'm holding him on 1 team.

I've always been what seems to be very low on Carr compared to consensus. A lot of people throw him in that Stafford, Goff range but he's more in the Jimmy G, Trubisky range for me. Low end QB2 but his numbers most years are steady. I still think the Raiders could do better

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Let the Gruden churning of QBs begin!!!!!!!!
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:31 am

"some people may call the raiders, and the raiders might even answer the phone!"

sensational journalism right there.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Derek Carr Thread: King of the Underrated QBs?

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:32 am

https://www.raidersbeat.com/pff-analyst ... -15-years/

PFF showing some love for Derek Carr :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Derek Carr Thread: King of the Underrated QBs

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:21 am

AFC Offensive Player of the Month. 8-)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:25 am

I'd think the true King of the Underrated QBs would have to be Cousins, but Carr can be honorable mention.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:25 am I'd think the true King of the Underrated QBs would have to be Cousins, but Carr can be honorable mention.
I mean, Carr was late 20's behind guys like Winston, Goff, Daniel Jones, I think even Jimmy G in a lot of Dynasty ranks this off season. It was crazy. He was such a value.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 am
CGW wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:25 am I'd think the true King of the Underrated QBs would have to be Cousins, but Carr can be honorable mention.
I mean, Carr was late 20's behind guys like Winston, Goff, Daniel Jones, I think even Jimmy G in a lot of Dynasty ranks this off season. It was crazy. He was such a value.
Any idea if he was above Cousins at that point? Currently, hes 4 spots ahead of Cousins.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:40 am

I'll certainly have no issue with anyone preferring Cousins to be their underrated QB, especially in terms of fantasy as Cousins has slightly more Yardage & TD.

However I will mention this stat

Cousins has 16 Game Winning Drives and 11 4th Quarter comebacks
Carr has 26 Game Winning Drives and 22 4th Quarter comebacks

As such I think Carr is more underrated in terms of an NFL QB, even if Cousins probably has more fantasy appeal. And admittedly Cousins had to compete with Kupp for NFC Player of the Month. :lol:

Either way I quite agree that Cousins is underrated.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:42 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:38 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 am
Any idea if he was above Cousins at that point? Currently, hes 4 spots ahead of Cousins.
He was below Cousins at that point. However I can see your point, too. Cousins has been very under rated.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick