Best Buys and Stashes 2019 edition!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Best Buys and Stashes 2019 edition!

Postby ericanadian » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:24 am

In terms of buys:

Mariota at QB. He’s been playing hurt and working in a new offense this year and a lot of people seem ready to write him off. He’s continued to show glimpses of his talent and can still be the top five QB people had hoped for.

Penny at RB. Davis is on a one way deal, so is unlikely to be back. Carson gets banged up a lot.

Marquise Lee at Wr. The Jags will have to move on from Bortles after this year. He’s killing them. Lee was paid to be the guy there and the coaching staff that believes in him should get another year at least.

Mark Andrews in Baltimore for TE. He’s an afterthought because of Hurst for most, but Hurst seems to be mostly used as a blocking TE. Andrews is getting targets and that’s what I care about in fantasy. Baltimore is also a possibility to move on from Flacco. Even if he stays, that’s fine, but

As for stashes, I’ll punt on the deep end QBs. There is no one I like that isn’t already starting or projected to become a starter.

For RBs, Jaylen Samuels in Pitt continues to have some potential.

I like Corey Coleman at WR now that everyone has moved on. He quietly moved into the third receiver role in New York and if they can get their line together, he can be an effective situational deep threat and expand his role from there. Still only 24. I also like J’Mon Moore. MVS is a sure thing, but Allison has opened the door to also being moved on from. ESB has gotten first shot, but hasn’t exactly lit it up and could be passed if Moore can reestablish what made him their third round pick. Plus, if McCarthy goes, you’ll get a whole new coach with a whole new plan and could provide an opportunity to guys like Kumerow & Moore to move up the chart.

At TE, I guess I like Ian Thomas. Olsen looks to be breaking down and Thomas has the tools. He needs to continue to develop, but Olsen can likely hang on long enough for that to happen.
DJB wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 pm
M-Dub wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:42 pm I’m gonna try to snag Demetrius Harris after the season and see where he ends up in free agency. Dude is a size/speed specimen buried behind an elite TE.
He always seems to get open but really has stone hands which kills him
Hands were the knock on Vance McDonald in SF as well. He seemed to turn it around once he went to PIT (though injuries continue to haunt him) Sometimes I wonder if blocking all day tires a guy out and causes him to underperform as a receiver. I’m not sure I’d write off Harris yet if we’re digging deep as the guys in this list.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 am

Good list, EC! Definitely agree about Lee. For (currently) non-starting QBs, I'll throw out Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater and Bradford. Mullens and Beathard will be interesting if Jimmy GQ is healthy. SF could deal one. Lauletta is technically not starting, as well.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 am Good list, EC! Definitely agree about Lee. For (currently) non-starting QBs, I'll throw out Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater and Bradford. Mullens and Beathard will be interesting if Jimmy GQ is healthy. SF could deal one. Lauletta is technically not starting, as well.
Mason Rudolph.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 am

Blueboy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 am Good list, EC! Definitely agree about Lee. For (currently) non-starting QBs, I'll throw out Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater and Bradford. Mullens and Beathard will be interesting if Jimmy GQ is healthy. SF could deal one. Lauletta is technically not starting, as well.
Mason Rudolph.
Trade or retirement?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Breshad Perriman is third on the Browns in targets since the interim OC took over. Definitely a role open opposite Landry.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:42 pm

I agree with a lot of that list, EC. Nicely done. I'd like to throw Dede Westbrook in there along with Marquise Lee... he has looked the best of the guys remaining in JAX. Baker already wants him back, there was rumour they were trying to make him part of the Hyde trade.

QB's who aren't currently starting - I play SF, that's why I've stashed Nick Foles. I think with the amount of openings now and a potentially iffy class coming in, some team may talk themselves into the *checks notes* Super Bowl MVP ;)

gsdguy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gsdguy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:15 pm

mild wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:42 pm I agree with a lot of that list, EC. Nicely done. I'd like to throw Dede Westbrook in there along with Marquise Lee... he has looked the best of the guys remaining in JAX. Baker already wants him back, there was rumour they were trying to make him part of the Hyde trade.

QB's who aren't currently starting - I play SF, that's why I've stashed Nick Foles. I think with the amount of openings now and a potentially iffy class coming in, some team may talk themselves into the *checks notes* Super Bowl MVP ;)
Super-flex aside, I’d like to hear more about Foles. I’m not 100% on what his contract situation is for 2019, but there will certainly be some need for his skills next year; The rookie crop doesn’t inspire me as of now-
Top of my head, the in-division teams are in dire need (Giants /Washington), but Jacksonville, Tampa, and Denver would also be great fits.
As a disclaimer, I’m a big believer in his abilities considering he is still in the league after being coached by Jeff Fischer.
12 Team, Dynasty PPR, 25-Roster, 1QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:27 pm

gsdguy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:15 pm Super-flex aside, I’d like to hear more about Foles. I’m not 100% on what his contract situation is for 2019, but there will certainly be some need for his skills next year; The rookie crop doesn’t inspire me as of now-
Top of my head, the in-division teams are in dire need (Giants /Washington), but Jacksonville, Tampa, and Denver would also be great fits.
Correct; you see what I see. He is must-stash in SF. Contract details are all here:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphi ... oles-9898/

But the key parts are that he will count 20 million against the cap if he's on the roster next year, and that they are rumoured to be in the Leveon Bell sweepstakes but "don't have the cap". To me, I think he's as good as gone given how bad the Eagles will want cap relief.

If he's released, his cap hit is 1.8 mil. Miniscule... Tampa, Jax, Giants would all be "jackpot" signings if he was there in terms of skill position depth. We've seen him have success on the biggest stage when the coaching and skill positions are right. He didn't look right in relief of Wentz at the start of this year, as he was dealing with his own injury - so I'm throwing that tape out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:40 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:24 am In terms of buys:

Mariota at QB. He’s been playing hurt and working in a new offense this year and a lot of people seem ready to write him off. He’s continued to show glimpses of his talent and can still be the top five QB people had hoped for.

Penny at RB. Davis is on a one way deal, so is unlikely to be back. Carson gets banged up a lot.

Marquise Lee at Wr. The Jags will have to move on from Bortles after this year. He’s killing them. Lee was paid to be the guy there and the coaching staff that believes in him should get another year at least.

Mark Andrews in Baltimore for TE. He’s an afterthought because of Hurst for most, but Hurst seems to be mostly used as a blocking TE. Andrews is getting targets and that’s what I care about in fantasy. Baltimore is also a possibility to move on from Flacco. Even if he stays, that’s fine, but

As for stashes, I’ll punt on the deep end QBs. There is no one I like that isn’t already starting or projected to become a starter.

For RBs, Jaylen Samuels in Pitt continues to have some potential.

I like Corey Coleman at WR now that everyone has moved on. He quietly moved into the third receiver role in New York and if they can get their line together, he can be an effective situational deep threat and expand his role from there. Still only 24. I also like J’Mon Moore. MVS is a sure thing, but Allison has opened the door to also being moved on from. ESB has gotten first shot, but hasn’t exactly lit it up and could be passed if Moore can reestablish what made him their third round pick. Plus, if McCarthy goes, you’ll get a whole new coach with a whole new plan and could provide an opportunity to guys like Kumerow & Moore to move up the chart.

At TE, I guess I like Ian Thomas. Olsen looks to be breaking down and Thomas has the tools. He needs to continue to develop, but Olsen can likely hang on long enough for that to happen.
DJB wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 pm
M-Dub wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:42 pm I’m gonna try to snag Demetrius Harris after the season and see where he ends up in free agency. Dude is a size/speed specimen buried behind an elite TE.
He always seems to get open but really has stone hands which kills him
Hands were the knock on Vance McDonald in SF as well. He seemed to turn it around once he went to PIT (though injuries continue to haunt him) Sometimes I wonder if blocking all day tires a guy out and causes him to underperform as a receiver. I’m not sure I’d write off Harris yet if we’re digging deep as the guys in this list.
I agree with much of this

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:45 pm

Another name- Jeff Driskel. Not just because Dalton got injured but he was pursued when San Fran cut him and Cincinnati can cut Dalton without a cap hit because they've paid all his guaranteed money.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 am
Blueboy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 am
Mason Rudolph.
Trade or retirement?
I'm thinking more in terms of Superflex or 2QB leagues, in which I'd rather have Rudolph as a stash over a guy like Bradford. Perhaps my annoyance with Ben's yearly "will I /won't I" routine has the thought of him retiring pretty prominent in my mind.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Daurice Fountain was just called up from the practice squad. Very athletic but raw. Colts have had him stashed on the practice squad all season. Hes worth a speculative add.

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:23 pm Daurice Fountain was just called up from the practice squad. Very athletic but raw. Colts have had him stashed on the practice squad all season. Hes worth a speculative add.
Interesting. I had him on my roster preseason but cut him when he was stashed. Kept an eye on him all year. He was drafted before Dion Cain if I remember correctly. I just picked up Cody Core this week. Not sure if there is anything to see here, but AJ on IR, I had a free spot for the time being.
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:49 am

Grabbed Robert Foster 2 weeks ago and actually started him this past week in the playoffs- no complaints so far! And with the Bills casting aside Benjamin and Holmes, there's not much else there for Allen to throw to
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Jjipp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jjipp » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Chris Warren III - played great in preseason and depth in front of him would be a very uninspiring Doug Martin, an over-the-hill Lynch, and a chronically underutilized Jalen Richard

Demetrius Harris - athletic TE behind an all-world talent who may find his value spike if he goes to the right spot (think Trey Burton, Ladarius Green)

Justin Watson - already mentioned about why, Humphries and Jackson could be gone

Braxton Berrios - An aging WR group in NE (albeit with an aging QB as well) who fits pretty well with what they seem to like in receivers - small, shifty, slot receivers

Boston Scott - just got signed to Phi so could get a little run in the next few weeks with injuries stacking up in that backfield. He was a daily highlight reel in NO during the preseason and might be Sproles 2.0 in Philadelphia

EVEN DEEPER CUTS (who probably won't pan out):
Guys who I have always had on my watch list and scour Twitter for the occasional hype blurb, but understanding that they will be unlikely to see any major play....
-Austin Carr
-Logan Thomas - one of the highest rated TE in the country as a high schooler who then was switched to QB in college
-Isaiah Ford - Matt Harmon favorite who just can't shake the injury bug even though he had some great preseason love from the Dolphins media
-Jordan Lasley and Ja'Leel Scott in Baltimore
Casterly Rock Hard
14 team, 0.5 PPR, 30-man

QB - P. Mahomes, J. Garoppolo
RB - L. Fournette, D. Cook, M. Breida, R. Freeman, Justice Hill, Dex. Williams, R. Burkhead
WR - K. Allen, S. Diggs, C. Davis, C. Kirk, Ty. Williams, Taywan Taylor, J'M Moore, A. Callaway, D. Cain, M. Boykin, B. Berrios, D. Bryant,
TE - E. Engram, V. McDonald, A. Seferian-Jenkins, G. Everett, A. Shaheen