Best Buys and Stashes 2019 edition!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Best Buys and Stashes 2019 edition!

Postby Bot101 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:21 pm

We're at a point in the season where the contenders and the pretenders are separated or near separated. I wanted to see who managers are buying or stashing for the 2019 season. I will start with my favorites!

Buy

Marquez Valdes-Scantling

This ship may have already sailed in some leagues. But if hes available, get him. Now. Minimize or close this page and go get him and come back. You back? Awesome, lets continue. The Packers telegraphed for months that MVS was ahead of ESB (Equanimeous St. Brown) and J'mon Moore. But as a community, we passed over this kid. I still thought ESB was the guy and a lot of people jumped on Moore because he was drafted earliest of the 3. Well, I and we were wrong. MVS earned what is most coveted in the receivers room, which is Rodgers trust. He had first crack when Cobb and Allison went down with injury and flashed solid upside. Yes there have been growing pains, such as knowing where Rodgers wants you to be when he throws the ball. But hes built chemistry and continues to look better and better every week. The window is closing, go get him before its too late.

MVS also boasts a great athletic profile: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/marq ... scantling/
He is the deep threat the Packers have lacked for quite some time. And you want the Aaron Rodgers deep threat.

2019 outlook: Cobb is a goner. And there's a possibility Allison is too. Allison is a restricted free agent and the Packers could use a 2nd rnd tender to keep him there. But hes is just a guy. And he is also in the process of being passed by MVS right now. He has the inside track to be the the Packers #2 receiver next year.

Stash

Justin Watson

Hes available most places and where he isnt, hes cheap. He came from a small school, so he is raw. But his athleticism and work ethic are undeniable. What tape I could find of him was impressive. Hes big, fast and can jump through the roof. The Bucs drafted him in the 5th despite having great depth at the receiver position. They also wouldn't cut him and attempt to stash him on the practice squad because they didnt believe he would clear waivers. Other teams wanted him as well but thought he would fall to the 6th or beyond. He flashed during pre season which helped him earn a roster spot. 98th percentile college dominator and 80th percentile break out age.

Athletic profile: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/justin-watson/

2019 outlook: Is surprisingly good if things fall right. Humphries is an unrestricted free agent as he is only on a 1 year 615k tender. Humphries is also replaceable talent-wise. 2019 will also be DJax last year on his contract, but can be cut with zero dead cap hit. So right now Watson could be the #4, and possibly (much less chance however) the #3 WR in Tampa as early as 2019. 2020 will be even more interesting because Evans contract is heavily front loaded, he can be cut with zero cap hit in 2020 (but I dont see a reason why that would happen). Even if the Bucs keep DJax, he has rarely been a beacon of health. If Watson gets on the field it could be the opportunity he needs. The Bucs love him, so should we.

So how bout you guys? Who ya got?

ckbeav
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Best Buys and Stashes 2019 edition!

Postby ckbeav » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Never heard of Watson. I'll look into him further. Thanks!

I'm really high on Deon Cain and John Kelly as good stashes.
10-Team, PPR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R
QB: CJ Stroud
WR: AJ Brown, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Demario Douglas, Christian Watson, Elijah Moore, Marvin Mims, Wan'Dale Robinson, Rashod Bateman
RB: Bijan Robinson, Jonathan Taylor, Javonte Williams, Ken Walker, Zach Moss, Jaleel McLaughlin
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave, Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods
2013, 2016, 2021 Champ

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:31 pm

ckbeav wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:12 pm Never heard of Watson. I'll look into him further. Thanks!

I'm really high on Deon Cain and John Kelly as good stashes.
Yes love the Deon Cain stash. He was cut after he tore his ACL and we had to trim down from 26 to 23 man rosters. I have him on IR.

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:34 pm

I like Chris Warren. Raiders are a train wreck but he didn’t look bad in the preseason. You HOPE for 100mm Gruesn can create some continuity this offesesson.

Also LOVE MVS. I just picked him up today.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:57 pm

What would you pay for MVS?
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:06 pm

hoos89 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:57 pm What would you pay for MVS?
Id go as high as a 2nd. Or an older "win now" player and a 3rd if I was rebuilding. Time is short though. Hes the #2 tomorrow in what could be a shoot out. Gilmore will be on Adams so MVS could eat.

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:06 pm
Id go as high as a 2nd. Or an older "win now" player and a 3rd if I was rebuilding. Time is short though. Hes the #2 tomorrow in what could be a shoot out. Gilmore will be on Adams so MVS could eat.
If MVS goes off against the Pats (100 yards/TD) his price his go up to the a few floors. What’s not to like about him.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:37 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:06 pm
I have some of him and want more. 1 league I was countered for my 1st in a 14 team. Should be late. I am considering it. Also I traded him away reluctantly in a different league because it was Buck, Chester and Valdes for rojo and a 1st. Still not sure this was a good trade.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:18 am

All the rookie WRs this year that people will jump ship on early Chark, Gallup, Pettis, calloway, St. Brown, Washington, Smith if hes still under the radar in your league. Cain was looking good pre acl tear as well and will be someone I keep if im able to
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:27 am

embe5291 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:18 am All the rookie WRs this year that people will jump ship on early Chark, Gallup, Pettis, calloway, St. Brown, Washington, Smith if hes still under the radar in your league. Cain was looking good pre acl tear as well and will be someone I keep if im able to
If TreQuan is still out there in any league, you should stash asap. Like what I see from him. Hes my favorite of the above list as well as Callaway and Pettis

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:56 pm

Might be too late for MVS. Now Allison is out up to 6 weeks

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm

I love Justin Watson.. But man there are just way too many mouths to feed..

I think he is more of a hypothetical 2020 stash but I have a hard time seeing him doing much in Tampa.

I still like Kalen Ballage as a cheap stash.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm I love Justin Watson.. But man there are just way too many mouths to feed..

I think he is more of a hypothetical 2020 stash but I have a hard time seeing him doing much in Tampa.

I still like Kalen Ballage as a cheap stash.
Agreed on Watson. Hes a tough hold for that long. Especially in my shallower league.

Coobelz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Coobelz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:35 am

What do you guys think of Kendrick Bourne as a speculative add? Back to back productive games (granted a TD saved it last week for him). SF seems to have 3 young WR's (Bourne, Taylor, Pettis).

Maybe the better question is, which of the 3 is worth stashing as they are all available in my league?
TEAM 1: 1/2-PPR,
QB: Hurts, Carr, Jones
RB: McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Walker, Zeke, Patterson
WR: Waddle, Kupp, AJ Brown, DHop, Beckham, Jacoby Meyers, Mims, Nacua
TE: Kelce, Hockensen

TEAM 2: 1 point PPR, Empire Dynasty[/b]: Year 8
QB: Allen, Tua
RB: McCaffrey, Ekeler, Aaron Jones, Fournette, Walker,
WR: Hill, Diggs, Cooper, Higgins, Lockett, Beckham, Crowder, Jennings
TE: Kelce, Waller, Hill

TEAM 3: Superflex, 1 point PPR, 2 point PPR TE, Empire/: Year 2
QB: Stafford,Jimmy G, Purdy
RB: Barkley, Zeke, Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry, Williams, Dillon
WR: Kupp, Thielen, Hop, Gallup, Samuel, Valdez-Scantling, Reed
TE: Kelce, Schultz, Hill, Moreau

TEAM 4: 0.5 PPR
QB: Allen, Wilson
RB: Cook, Pollard, Swift, Robinson, Zeke, Helaire
WR: AJ Brown, Metcalf, London, Higgins, Pittman, Marquise Brown, Beckham
TE: Andrew’s, Otton, Likely

Gordon09
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gordon09 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:44 am

Coobelz wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:35 am What do you guys think of Kendrick Bourne as a speculative add? Back to back productive games (granted a TD saved it last week for him). SF seems to have 3 young WR's (Bourne, Taylor, Pettis).

Maybe the better question is, which of the 3 is worth stashing as they are all available in my league?
Don't forget Richie James too.

I'm stashing Bourne and James in various leagues and would grab them on waivers anywhere I had room for them but Pettis is probably the guy to own there just based on the draft capitol invested. I'd imagine SF is a likely candidate to grab one of the many WRs on Day 1 or 2 of the draft next year too.