What to do with ARob

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What to do with ARob

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 am

He was on my bench, but it was a promising return from his groin injury. It won't look like this often but at least Robinson and the Bears are showing signs of life on offense.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:36 am

Very good game. Glad to see him healthy and producing. Seemed premature to give up on him, even if we can't expect this type of production going forward

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:57 am

I am still down on ARob for the long term, mostly because of the Bears team, but he did look excellent yesterday. He had speed & burst that he hadn't shown this season. I hope he keeps it up and that Trubisky keeps playing well.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:30 pm

btv802 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 am He was on my bench, but it was a promising return from his groin injury. It won't look like this often but at least Robinson and the Bears are showing signs of life on offense.
I mean, they're 5th in points scored so far this season. Not sure how much more life you could be expecting at this juncture.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Most people have a nagging suspicion (espn influenced) that Trubisky is not supposed to be capable of this steady production. He’s supposed to collapse. He’s getting lucky/falling into these big games. He can’t be counted on. Therefore, the Bears offense must be pretty shaky. I mean...espn predicted it to fall that way, and they’re never (ahem always) wrong on qb evaluation.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:30 pm
btv802 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 am He was on my bench, but it was a promising return from his groin injury. It won't look like this often but at least Robinson and the Bears are showing signs of life on offense.
I mean, they're 5th in points scored so far this season. Not sure how much more life you could be expecting at this juncture.
You are right. I should have been more specific. Nagy has the Bears scoring just fine. I was referring specifically to the passing game, the relatively low volume of pass attempts and Trubisky's lack of ability as a passer. He did however look great throwing the ball from the pocket this week and that deep ball TD to ARob was perfect. Has me excited that's all.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:56 pm Most people have a nagging suspicion (espn influenced) that Trubisky is not supposed to be capable of this steady production. He’s supposed to collapse. He’s getting lucky/falling into these big games. He can’t be counted on. Therefore, the Bears offense must be pretty shaky. I mean...espn predicted it to fall that way, and they’re never (ahem always) wrong on qb evaluation.
I disagree. My opinion is from 1) his inexperience, even in college and 2) watching his play.

He's mechanical (not natural), plays well in the scripted plays but much less so after that, has some big misses, and what can look like a weak connection with his targets at times. Maybe this will change as he gains experience, but it's not there yet.

Much like the Bears of a few years ago, the offense has put up points largely based on being set up by an elite defense. There's nothing wrong with that, but the stats don't tell the whole story.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:43 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:57 am I am still down on ARob for the long term, mostly because of the Bears team, but he did look excellent yesterday. He had speed & burst that he hadn't shown this season. I hope he keeps it up and that Trubisky keeps playing well.
It's almost like he's healthy or something.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:42 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:43 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:57 am I am still down on ARob for the long term, mostly because of the Bears team, but he did look excellent yesterday. He had speed & burst that he hadn't shown this season. I hope he keeps it up and that Trubisky keeps playing well.
It's almost like he's healthy or something.
Also let's not forget he was coming off an ACL at the start of the year so it's harsh to judge his burst in the first 6 games.