What to do with ARob

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What to do with ARob

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:53 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 pm Watching Ant Miller's snaps, I noticed something about Robinson: he's usually the least sudden Chicago pass-catcher off the line -- Miller, White, Cohen, Gabriel, and even Burton are all quicker off the snap and into their routes.

I don't know if it proves something. It suggests he's lost some fast-twitch athleticism. Or maybe Robinson's release has always been on the slower side? I haven't gotten around to comparing Jacksonville tape.
He ran the same 40 time (4.60 vs 4.61) as Kelvin Benjamin at the combine... has ARob ever been a twitchy athlete?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:00 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:03 am He's by far the only player on the team that can be a possession receiver
Not at all. Burton and Miller both have the versatility, first and second level route tree, play-strength, and hands for that job.

And I'm not sure Robinson actually profiles as well as them to be a possession-receiver in the first place. To this point, He's only been effective in the NFL as a third-level receiver. Although that could be Bortles' fault.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:05 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:53 am
ninotoreS wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 pm Watching Ant Miller's snaps, I noticed something about Robinson: he's usually the least sudden Chicago pass-catcher off the line -- Miller, White, Cohen, Gabriel, and even Burton are all quicker off the snap and into their routes.

I don't know if it proves something. It suggests he's lost some fast-twitch athleticism. Or maybe Robinson's release has always been on the slower side? I haven't gotten around to comparing Jacksonville tape.
He ran the same 40 time (4.60 vs 4.61) as Kelvin Benjamin at the combine... has ARob ever been a twitchy athlete?
Elite burst score, and a greatly improved Pro Day 40 (low 4.5 40 and a low 1.5 10-yard split) suggest he came out with some twitch.

Although sometimes those scores lie, of course, and I have a specific example for this context: Cody Latimer has always been slow twitch with an unsudden release off the snap, yet he blew up the Combine with an elite 40, vertical, and broad.

Maybe fast-twitch is best reflected in the shuttle or 3-cone? I dunno. It's easier for me to just judge it off tape. I don't remember what Robinson's Penn State tape showed. I might not have even studied it; I wasn't as diligent back then. I took Cody Latimer and Donte Moncrief in the 2nd round that year. :wall:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:40 am

I've seen too many great ARob plays and would-be great ARob plays (if not for Bortles over/underthrows) for me to give up on him so easily. I think the upside is still very much there if Trubisky can become a better all-around passer. I'm just trying to be patient at this point as I'm optimistic that the production will come eventually... even if it's not until 2019.

I'll admit though that I've been trying to shop him for quite a while now. I had an offer after week 2 or 3 for someone's first... but it was from arguably my biggest threat to the championship in the league both this year and in the future (he gets the pleasure of starting Kamara/Hunt/Mixon every week). So it was already likely to be 1.08-1.10. I declined it, but I won't be surprised if his value continues to slide down a slippery slope and I never get another offer like that again. I'm certainly more worried about ARob today than I was during that miserable 2016 Jags season.

I'll still take a chance on him over Kirk Ito Eli and MVS though :lol:
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:45 am

His numbers have been underwhelming this year, but I can't bail at this stage. His trade value is in the toilet right now. Just ride it out I guess. If I got an early first, I would move him for that and just take one of the top WRs and take a chance there. But nobody is paying that.

I'm in a 12 team keeper league and in first so I'm looking for a higher floor for my last flex (which has been either ARob or Corey Davis). I offered both of them to the last place team for Diggs and a mid first and got turned down. No counter offer even. Struggle is real out there for ARob owners.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:44 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:00 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:03 am He's by far the only player on the team that can be a possession receiver
Not at all. Burton and Miller both have the versatility, first and second level route tree, play-strength, and hands for that job.

And I'm not sure Robinson actually profiles as well as them to be a possession-receiver in the first place. To this point, He's only been effective in the NFL as a third-level receiver. Although that could be Bortles' fault.
Neither one of them are as physical at the catch, or come with the catch radius that Robinson does. Miller right now is the 5th option on the team and Burton really only has one game where they targeted him heavily and that was because Robinson didn't play.

Robinson was a lot more than a deep threat in Jacksonville. He could win at every level. So far in Chicago, they've lined him up in different spots to get him the ball. The only concern has been Trubisky's inaccuracy and now the recent injury. Like I said, I'd buy all day if some of the opinions in this thread are legitimate. He's the best WR on a team that's going to be passing a lot more in the future.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:55 pm

He was also part of my 2015 ship, but admitted to myself that I missed that sell high window immediately following. I don’t see him being a difference maker and there’s so much WR talent in the league, you can easily find a WR3 for a quarter of his price.

Sold Arob+Njkoku for Cook, 1st, and Jimmy G and feel like I got a steal at this point
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:28 pm

im getting off of arob where i can, unfortunately i have a lot of shares lol.

starting to think he isnt that good but if he is then it doesnt matter because he isnt getting the usage needed to be even a WR2.

his "value" is way above his real world value so hes a definite sell, but as i am trying to sell i am finding that his fantasy value has taken a nose dive in most casual fans eyes.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:17 pm

He's only just turned 25. I think people bailing on him at this point are way too panicky... I would rather hold him in my league and wait for signs of life before cutting in his first season in Nagy's offense.

Trubisky will likely always be butt, but we've at least seen the potential of Nagy to scheme players open. They signed A-Rob for a reason. I still believe.
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:06 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am Received offer of ARob and a 2019 2nd for Mike Evans last week.

Instant decline. Not much thought about it either. I think the difference between Evans and Arob is much more than a 2nd round pick. I countered with ARob, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd for M.Evans. And he declined, no counter. So... There is that. I'm happy with Evans as my #3 wr.
The initial offer wasn't good but your counter was. Could see myself accepting that where I have him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:13 pm

mild wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:17 pm He's only just turned 25. I think people bailing on him at this point are way too panicky... I would rather hold him in my league and wait for signs of life before cutting in his first season in Nagy's offense.

Trubisky will likely always be butt, but we've at least seen the potential of Nagy to scheme players open. They signed A-Rob for a reason. I still believe.
Yeah he is only 25, but that 2015 season looks more like an aberration than what we should expect. He averaged 17.5 yards/catch that season. The rest of his career has been under 12. I wouldn't sell low on him but I dont think he is a WR1.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 pm

Your usual 12 team PPR league I'm in. The league leader is 6-2, and then there are 6 teams who are 5-3.

One particular owner is 5-3, and sitting in 5th place, so in the middle of a playoff push. ARob is his 5th best WR as he's got Michael Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Stefon Diggs, Keenan Allen. His TE is stacked with Gronk, OJH and Henry on IR, at RB he's got Hunt, Zeke and Crow albeit nobody else.

His only real "weakness" is at QB, where he's got Jimmy G on IR, Jameis, Fitz, Mayfield, Flacco and Siemian.

I am easily the worst team in that league, in last place with a 2-6 record and with the least points scored. I'm in a full rebuild, and outside of Brees, DJ Moore and Ertz, the rest of my team is terrible with lots of washed up or ineffective players (Doug Martin, Chris Ivory, Bilal at RB, Larry Fitz, Hogan, Jordy and Snead at WR). So I'm a lock for a top 3 pick, and very likely headed towards the 1.01.

The aforementioned owner offered me Kearse, 2019 4th and 2020 3rd (highest picks he's got left in each year) for Brees. I countered with Brees, my 2019 2nd, my 2019 4th for ARob.

He rejected and replied that he still values ARob at TWO 1sts +.

:shock:
#FreeCoreyDavis

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:09 am

jaykay22 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:22 pm The aforementioned owner offered me Kearse, 2019 4th and 2020 3rd (highest picks he's got left in each year) for Brees. I countered with Brees, my 2019 2nd, my 2019 4th for ARob.

He rejected and replied that he still values ARob at TWO 1sts +.

:shock:
Based on the picks he owns (and is trying to trade away), he doesn’t likely value picks as much as the average guy, and that likely includes first rounders. So not that shocking based on his assets

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:02 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:44 pm Neither one of them are as physical at the catch
Watch more Miller tape; contested ability and play-strength are one of the highlights of his game. As for Burton, his play-strength is as good or better than Robinson's. He's a TE, after all.
or come with the catch radius that Robinson does
That's true. That isn't essential to a possession-receiver, though. e.g. Wes Welker was TB's possession guy for years and he had no catch-radius at all. At the first level, catch-radius usually isn't important.

As I've said, a possession guy is preferably an every-level dude, and at minimum an excellent first and second level dude. Robinson doesn't seem to get into his routes quick enough to be a go-to guy on 3rd downs, etc, when the blitz is coming and the QB generally has less time to throw. That's one of the hallmarks of a chain-moving possession-receiver. Or a legitimately good one, at least.

Another increasingly emphasized trait for possession-receivers in today's NFL is RAC ability, turning the easy low depth of target completions into 1st downs. Robinson hasn't been showing much of that, either. Miller's got that ability. Burton... so-so.

Miller's low in the target hierarchy for now as a rookie being required to earn his stripes. When I refer to his potential as a possession-receiver, it's dynasty context beyond this season. Nagy traded up to take him in the 2nd round for a reason. We'll see.
[Robinson] could win at every level.
As I've been saying, this hasn't been true up to this point in his career. Of course, he's only 25, so we'll see.
So far in Chicago, they've lined him up in different spots to get him the ball.
He's almost always on the boundary. Gabriel, Cohen, Burton, and Miller have all moved around the formation more.
Like I said, I'd buy all day if some of the opinions in this thread are legitimate.
I'm offering you tape reality facts, not opinion.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:34 am

2 players that seem to be in the same downward spiral so I am asking 2 questions:

Would you rather have Allen Robinson or Amari Pooper for the rest of this season?
Would you rather have Allen Robinson or Amari Pooper as a bench stash for future production?