Ty Montgomery to the Ravens

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Ty Montgomery to the Ravens

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:35 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:50 pm And fumbled. And lost the game. And pissed off Rodgers. And the locker room. And all of GB. He also lost all of their other games this year by taking away snaps from Aaron Jones.
:lol:
JFever wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:21 am Not to get too far into this or intentionally side track a discussion away from TMont, but, I gotta ask. Were you there? Did you hear specifically what was said? I assume and understand that we are all basically speculating. Yourself included.
Reporters published direct quotes from several players. It's one thing to be in a coach's doghouse, but Montgomery was suddenly a pariah with his teammates, too. Already being a low usage, low value player in the final year of his contract, his a$$ was grass.

Just to be clear, it was indeed 100% verified post-game by the press that Montgomery was instructed to take a touchback in the end-zone. And that the rogue act was preceded by a visible temper tantrum he threw on the sideline after getting subbed out the previous possession.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm

HereForTheComments wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:44 am
JFever wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:42 am Hmm. Selfish move by TMont then. dumb mistake likely made out of frustration & trying too hard to make something happen. Prob not the real reason he was dealt. Too many cooks in the kitchen there most likely. And, it's tough to say who really wins here. With the Pack trading away a starting safety in Ha Ha C.Dix, likely they'll be passing even more and, for one reason or another, McCarthy loves Williams.
I agree with your statement that there was more to it. This season, it seems like Montgomery and Williams had the same role (passing downs). I believed the packers would trade one of the two, after Jones came back. Montgomery's antics might have moved the needle more to it being him over Williams on Sunday, but I think it was already a move in the making.
If he doesn’t make that bonehead move I think he ends up finishing the year as a Packer. It was so bad that I’m surprised they didn’t take his Jersey away on the sideline.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:13 am

That show how much the Packers are becoming more and more a big mess. They are lucky to still have Rodgers. Their coach is trash and the team will probably not going anywhere. Rodgers should ask to get trade out of this complete mess
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:41 pm

Unicorn92 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:13 am That show how much the Packers are becoming more and more a big mess. They are lucky to still have Rodgers. Their coach is trash and the team will probably not going anywhere. Rodgers should ask to get trade out of this complete mess
Aaron Rodgers is happy in Green Bay. Just two (2) months ago, he signed a four year contract extension that takes him until age 40.