So Golden Tate ...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Golden Tate now an Eagle

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:50 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:00 am
pvillebiker wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:41 pm Shipping off Tate seems to signal a shift away from lots of short Tate-like passes to more reliance on the run game. With KJ coming on, it makes sense.

I'm really looking forward to which of Powell or TJ Jones moves up the most. It's not inconceivable that one of them could eventually do to Marvin Jones what Golladay just did to Tate. i.e. make him expendable. Yeah, yeah, different types of WR's, but so are Golladay & Tate. How long is Marvin signed for in Motown?
I wouldn't say that. I think trading Tate is more about not wanting to pay his next contract. Moving him now gets them a draft pick for giving up half a season of his services. And they have the WR depth to fill his role. Same goes for the Broncos trading DT.
This is a pretty classic Belichick type move. Getting an asset for an older player for the long term. Patricia looks like he learned something and retained that knowledge.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:41 pm

Powell was my speculative add for the week.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:15 pm

Does anyone have any news/buzz/word on the likelyhood Tate re-signs in Philadelphia or is he likely a FA?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:18 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:15 pm Does anyone have any news/buzz/word on the likelyhood Tate re-signs in Philadelphia or is he likely a FA?
Probably depends on how the rest of the season goes and if eagles make playoffs.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:33 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:18 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:15 pm Does anyone have any news/buzz/word on the likelyhood Tate re-signs in Philadelphia or is he likely a FA?
Probably depends on how the rest of the season goes and if eagles make playoffs.
Thats about what I figured. Just curious if there was more out there. :)

xxironskullxx
Rookie
Rookie

Postby xxironskullxx » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:38 am

I live right outside philly and all the talk radio stations think it was a 1 year rental for a compensatory pick. Personally as a Tate/Jeffery owner, I hope that's true lol
10 Team (15 Keepers) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE - Standard Scoring Full Point PPR

QB - A. Rodgers, D. Prescott, L.Jackson, J. Winston, J. Allen
RB - E. Elliott, J. Mixon, N. Chubb, L. McCoy, J. Samuels, L. Murray, J. Adams, K. Ball age
WR - A. Cooper, A. Jeffery, C. Davis, T. Boyd, G. Tate, J. Reynolds, C. Kirk, Mar. Jones
TE - E. Engram, O.J Howard, I. Thomas, M. Lacosse, C. Uzomah

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:10 pm

xxironskullxx wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:38 am I live right outside philly and all the talk radio stations think it was a 1 year rental for a compensatory pick. Personally as a Tate/Jeffery owner, I hope that's true lol
To get a compensatory pick assumes they let more expired contracts leave than they sign. We'll see if that's how it shakes out. I think they sign Tate but that's just my guess.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Tate is new OBJ in NY

Postby thebeast » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Signed by Giants for 4 years. What does everyone think?

As a Giants fan I am angry about OBJ and confused as to what the heck they’re doing.
Last edited by thebeast on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Tate is new OBJ in NY

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:54 pm

I think Eli is really good at throwing it 7 yards and Tate is really good on 7 yard routes. Match made in heaven. The NFC East teams must be horrified.

In all seriousness it is a pretty good signing given the news of late coming from the Giants.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Little known fact about Golden Tate, he is an extremely good run-blocking receiver.

Couple that with the trade for Zeitler; it is pretty clear what the Giants are doing.

A heavy dose of Barkley.

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm Signed by Giants for 4 years. What does everyone think?

As a Giants fan I am angry about OBJ and confused as to what the heck they’re doing.
I think everyone is confused as to what they heck they're doing, including Dave Gettleman
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm Signed by Giants for 4 years. What does everyone think?

Don't be confused. Gettleman is just blowing in the breeze. There's no real direction. This is to be expected.
Next week they will extend Eli four more years with heavy guarantees backloaded, to help assure him that he is their guy. Then on draft day they will decide that they need to move on and rebuild already, and want to get their guy, so they'll use 17 to move up from 5 to 1 and draft Daniel Jones. They'll then realize that they aren't surrounding Eli with enough weapons by only drafting his backup QB so they'll trade up :thumbup: (Gettleman would love that) to the late first and give Eli a needed asset in Noah Fant. Probably trade a lineman or two for some safeties too. A year later Eli will be cut (lots of dead money), and Gettleman will explain that it was done in order to take advantage of the cap advantage of a rookie QB contract. Gettleman will claim he's gotta work his way out of the cap situation he was put into and trade Barkley, explaining to the media that you shouldn't pay RBs big $. He'll draft the top run stuffing safety with his high first rounder. He'll finally be fired. Miami will instantly scoop him up.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Don't be confused. Gettleman is just blowing in the breeze. There's no real direction. This is to be expected.
Next week they will extend Eli four more years with heavy guarantees backloaded, to help assure him that he is their guy. Then on draft day they will decide that they need to move on and rebuild already, and want to get their guy, so they'll use 17 to move up from 5 to 1 and draft Daniel Jones. They'll then realize that they aren't surrounding Eli with enough weapons by only drafting his backup QB so they'll trade up :thumbup: (Gettleman would love that) to the late first and give Eli a needed asset in Noah Fant. Probably trade a lineman or two for some safeties too. A year later Eli will be cut (lots of dead money), and Gettleman will explain that it was done in order to take advantage of the cap advantage of a rookie QB contract. Gettleman will claim he's gotta work his way out of the cap situation he was put into and trade Barkley, explaining to the media that you shouldn't pay RBs big $. He'll draft the top run stuffing safety with his high first rounder. He'll finally be fired. Miami will instantly scoop him up.
It's the inclusion of this little detail that makes it believable.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Literally laughing out loud, you're a funny guy Valhalla. Thank you for this write up. :lol: You made my day.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:42 pm

He isnt just a good WR he is & always will be Tate with the Giants. :)