Week IX Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Week IX Discussion

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:22 am

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:58 pm

gruden is slalom skiing on fire through a course of barrels filled with rocket fuel with all the raider nations hopes and dreams on his back - the inevitable fiery crash will be a when and not if scenario ! I feel for dook and phaded and the rest of the raider guys here as it will be a lake of fire ending . The raiders were the steelers biggest foes of my youth and while I have never liked them they were a damned serious bunch of hombres. The 70s steeler /raider games were on par with the early 21st century steeler raven games for outright warfare .The silver and black were always respected .
They have become save the one year recent table dance an abysmal laughingstock franchise and as a long time football fan it is sad . The cowboy and patriots fair weather fans that pile on the band wagon deserve what the raiders fans have gotten and the raiders fans deserve so much better .

resurrected this post from an old martavis bryant thread after the draft ! man arrylT phaded dook and FF sympathies man just a damned shame ! Derek carr appears to be so dispirited as to be beyond repair and that defense looked to have flat out quit ! Which would suck in week 14 in the final year of a rod dowhower or rich kotite administration but in week 9 in the first year of a coaches tenure is really alarming . On the bright side after marky gets that vegas $ perhaps he can buy out gruden he of the scowling chucky persona so cute& fiesty when chasing a super bowl with tony dungy's players now it just seems creepy when rolling out a millenesque looking crew . Who would have guessed someone looking in the mirror at that haircut while possessing the assets to own a pro football team would make a poor decision about how to nurture the next 10 years of a beloved football franchise.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:17 am

I picked up and inserted the Raiders defense 4 minutes before kickoff in redraft. They were guaranteed to get at least some points going up against a practice squad QB.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:01 am

Allison hurt his groin, unsure of playing. Fire up your MVS again!

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:28 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:01 am Allison hurt his groin, unsure of playing. Fire up your MVS again!
MVS is my failsafe in the event Kupp doesn't play or is limited. Thank goodness for even later games!

Of course I need so much help this week that it probably won't matter either way.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:37 am

JJRules wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:28 am
Bot101 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:01 am Allison hurt his groin, unsure of playing. Fire up your MVS again!
MVS is my failsafe in the event Kupp doesn't play or is limited. Thank goodness for even later games!

Of course I need so much help this week that it probably won't matter either way.
Same here. Going against a juggernaut and I have my byepocalypse going on without OBJ, Barkley and Mixon.

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:56 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:37 am
JJRules wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:28 am

Same here. Going against a juggernaut and I have my byepocalypse going on without OBJ, Barkley and Mixon.

Who do you compare MVS to in the league ?
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 am

As much as I hate Joe Buck and Troy, i think the Cowboys' tear it down and build it back after the Herschel trade needs to be the hopes and dreams model of myself and my Raiders brethren. Man that was tough to watch last night! May have been worst Raiders game i have ever seen and there have been a bunch of bad ones over the past 15 years since last SB appearance. If Carr can get back to his old self, and they hit on say 3 out of 5 of those first round picks in next 2 years, we could have a solid team in 2-3 years. Just sucks to have to sit through more years of this!
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

ckbeav
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ckbeav » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:16 am

Sounds like McGuire is going to be active for the Miami game. Really curious to see what he can do in the 2nd half of the season with some touches up for grabs. Was a fan last year.
10-Team, PPR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R
QB: CJ Stroud
WR: AJ Brown, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Josh Downs, Demario Douglas, Christian Watson, Elijah Moore, Marvin Mims, Wan'Dale Robinson, Rashod Bateman
RB: Bijan Robinson, Jonathan Taylor, Javonte Williams, Ken Walker, Zach Moss, Jaleel McLaughlin
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave, Greg Dulcich, Jelani Woods
2013, 2016, 2021 Champ

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:28 am

This week is major crunchtime for me in a couple leagues... If I can scrape a win in my 32-team that should get me into the playoffs, but if not it'll be a nail-biter. I'm in a similar situation in a few other leagues.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:10 pm

The thing I don’t get about him accumulating so many picks is that Gruden had almost zero success in the draft. Charles Woodson was pretty much the only guy that was drafted under Gruden that had a lot of NFL success and he wasn’t much involved in that draft and I suspect he wasn’t that involved in developing defensive players either.. He’s built his post-coaching career on being some sort of QB guru, but Tuiasosopo and Chris Simms are the guys he had hand in developing at QB during his coaching days. Gruden’s success was in working with vets. He resurrected the careers of Rich Gannon, Jerry Rice & Charlie Garner in Oakland and built a solid offense around them and Tim Brown. I worry that he’s lost that ability working with a bunch of college kids (and in the booth) and will continue to struggle to in the draft.

Carr’s probably a lost cause in Oakland. Gruden is going to want his own guy at QB. He’s almost certainly bought into his own hype and Carr’s regression has got to be hurting his ego.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:56 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:10 pm The thing I don’t get about him accumulating so many picks is that Gruden had almost zero success in the draft. Charles Woodson was pretty much the only guy that was drafted under Gruden that had a lot of NFL success and he wasn’t much involved in that draft and I suspect he wasn’t that involved in developing defensive players either.. He’s built his post-coaching career on being some sort of QB guru, but Tuiasosopo and Chris Simms are the guys he had hand in developing at QB during his coaching days. Gruden’s success was in working with vets. He resurrected the careers of Rich Gannon, Jerry Rice & Charlie Garner in Oakland and built a solid offense around them and Tim Brown. I worry that he’s lost that ability working with a bunch of college kids (and in the booth) and will continue to struggle to in the draft.

Carr’s probably a lost cause in Oakland. Gruden is going to want his own guy at QB. He’s almost certainly bought into his own hype and Carr’s regression has got to be hurting his ego.
Agreed. NFL Drafts are crap shoots and the Raiders don't even look like they have a gameplan that can maximize talent. The 49ers do, so much so that an undrafted QB can come in off the street and whoop Oakland's bleep.

Gruden's personality is a big concern if they're trying to go full scale rebuild. You make a good point that college kids probably won't relate to him that well. Hell, today's NFL veterans don't either. Gruden went so long without coaching and never adapted while he was in the booth to what was going on.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Keeping Jon Gruden around is like a team going out of their way to get a coach like Jeff Fisher. His time has passed.

The Raiders would have been much better off going with a young coach.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:06 pm Keeping Jon Gruden around is like a team going out of their way to get a coach like Jeff Fisher. His time has passed.

The Raiders would have been much better off going with a young coach.
Like Dennis Allen?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:47 pm

Obviously Dennis Allen did not work out and we both know that. There are many young coaches that do not work out or even coaches in general that do not work out.

However - there was little reason to believe that Jon Gruden was the answer when he was signed and there is still very little reason.

Quality head coaches are not easy to find - but falling back on a coach who has no experience building a successful team for a rebuild project is a shot in the dark. One that has an extremely high probability of backfiring.

It would have been much better to take a shot at hitting the next up and comer than a coach who we already know what he is.

The Raiders have been and continue to be a horrible organization when it comes to evaluating coaches - so there is little reason to have faith that they were smart to hire Gruden.

Gruden already initially tried to compete by getting all of these old vets and wanting to compete this year because that is what he has success with. Old vets, but the NFL has changed. It was very apparent very quickly that strategy was not going to work so now he is going to try to blow it up and build a team. I hope I am wrong, but I expect a long span of irrelevance.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Dennis Allen has remained the Defensive Co-Ordinator for the Saints since 2015 - he might not be Head Coach material but at least he is a decent DC. He falls under that "do not hire a DC after 1 year of success as a DC" rule.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..