General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Re: Price check: David Johnson

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:44 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 am
grandmabetty wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:07 pm
0LDMAN wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:00 pm If you're trying to buy him, now is the time, before this weekend's game.
Ive been hearing this for weeks now. "This weekend he'll explode"...... i have my doubts at this point. That being said I wont be selling him low. As others have said if you want to be a buyer now is the time to try. His value could get lower but it could also go up too. All it takes is a few games in either direction. One has to be hopeful that Leftwhich will make a difference. I expect him to be better next year.
"As others have said", you mean like me? The person you are replying too? :lol:

This is the first time I have said this is the game he will show out, because this is the first weekend actual change has occurred.
you are not the only person discussing david Johnson. this isn't even the only thread on the subject on this forum never mind the rest of cyberspace. I used your phrase to articulate the sentiment I have been hearing all year about david Johnson. As an owner of him in 2 leagues I hope im wrong

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Price check: David Johnson

Postby notweswelker » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:51 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:44 pm
you are not the only person discussing david Johnson. this isn't even the only thread on the subject on this forum never mind the rest of cyberspace. I used your phrase to articulate the sentiment I have been hearing all year about david Johnson. As an owner of him in 2 leagues I hope im wrong
I'm not trying to attack you, it just sounded funny. You were replying to my comment where I said this is the time to buy, and saying "as others have said now is the time to buy". I've got him a few places too and I hope he shines this weekend, I'm hopeful. :thumbup: :thumbup:

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: David Johnson

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 pm

He's baaaaaaaaaaaack!

I'm not expecting it every week, but I was so happy to see Sunday's stat line! I don't think he's a top 3 dynasty RB, but he's an RB1 just like that.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:37 pm

There was a good buy low window. DJ is looking like he has league winning upside down the stretch.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Glad Leftwich has taken over. How you screw up so badly with DJ i have no idea.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:27 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:21 pm Glad Leftwich has taken over. How you screw up so badly with DJ i have no idea.
I dunno whats worse; McCoy's coaching or that stupid visor.

The Grudge
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Grudge » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Traded my late first, and 2nd, Baldwin and Collins for DJ and his early 3rd 2 weeks ago. I feel really good after last week. DJ and Gordon propelled me to a win with no Green, Thielen, and Hopkins last week. Everyone says he has one of the best schedules rest of season, so here is hoping. It think DJ can be a player like McCoy, who is still relevant to age 30. The pass catching helps.
Team#1-12 team ppr 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/RB-WR-TE Flex/2DE/3LB/3DB/DE-LB-DB Flex 18 Starters
QB: Wilson, Allan, Big Ben
RB: Mixon, J. Taylor, Ekeler, R. Jones, Edmonds, D. Harris, Freeman, Gio, K. Hill, Tony Jones
WR: Cooper, Hopkins, Godwin, Cooks, Jeudy, Higgins, E. Moore, Callaway, Palmer, Slayton,
TE: Kittle, Jonnu Smith, Tonyan, RSJ, Parham, Albert O
K:
DE: Heyward, Hendrickson, Davenport
LB: Jayon Brown, Littleton, Leonard, Warner, Mosley, Wilson, Gay,
DB: Byard, Bell, Jenkins

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:27 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:21 pm Glad Leftwich has taken over. How you screw up so badly with DJ i have no idea.
I dunno whats worse; McCoy's coaching or that stupid visor.
:clap: :clap:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:16 pm

The Grudge wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 pm Traded my late first, and 2nd, Baldwin and Collins for DJ and his early 3rd 2 weeks ago. I feel really good after last week. DJ and Gordon propelled me to a win with no Green, Thielen, and Hopkins last week. Everyone says he has one of the best schedules rest of season, so here is hoping. It think DJ can be a player like McCoy, who is still relevant to age 30. The pass catching helps.
Dude, great trade!!!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Mike McCoy:
"Run it up the gut"
"Do it again!"
Some months later.....
"What do you mean it didn't work the first hundred times?!"
"Run it up the gut again, we'll wear them down yet!"

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:01 am

Mccoy is just a horrible OC.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:10 am

A game against the Chiefs can certainly help pad a RBs numbers. I'd hold off on calling him a potential league winner simply due to the coaching change. The outlook is better but the biggest problem of having a talent deprived offense still exists
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 am

I'm worried he might disappear in some really bad games, but I think the upside is back. If they do feed him 20 times a game, something good has to happen...

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:01 am

im not ready to call him a league winner yet but the bust stigma that was around him earlier in the year is long gone. He may have some games where he scores around 10-15 points the remainder of the year but I expect him to produce top 7 RB numbers the rest of the way out as an average. He's RB10 right now in my league and you could argue hes only had one high point output all year. The best is yet to come

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:10 pm

The best thing about DJ is, both before and after the OC change, I don't think there's a single player in the league that get's a higher usage than him inside the 20 and inside the 10. Obviously the issue is the Cardinals getting inside the 20 and 10 in the first place, but when they do, they feed DJ like nobody else and he gets a lot of the TDs as a result.

Inside the 20: 51 plays, 13 TDs... DJ the target on 26 plays (50.9%), 8 TDs (61.5%)
Inside the 10: 33 plays, 09 TDs... DJ the target on 19 plays (57.6%), 7 TDs (77.8%)
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th