Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 40

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Am I overreacting or is this collusion?

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:32 am

Call them out

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:42 am

Wow a collusion thread where it's actually collusion? That's a first. This is about as clear cut as it gets.

(Also it's pretty ridiculous that benching your starters is okay in that league, but oh well.)
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:06 am

UATahoe wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:50 pm he started Kelvin Benjamin and Jermaine Kearse over Keenan and Julio.
team A's owner must give amazing blowjobs!

stay in the league and make it crash and burn. see how they like that.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:40 pm

If I was the commissioner, I would go in and edit the lineup for that week and adjust the scoring and standings accordingly. And I wouldn’t open it up for debate. I would “encourage” those owners to leave if they had a problem with it. Both of them.

And if I was in a league there the commissioner pulled his rank and made those moves, I would give him a vote of confidence and help to recruit better owners the next time around, if needed.

I suggest that you show your commissioner this thread. And cordially invite him to register for the forum and post his reasoning for not administering justice.

Let other leaguemates see this thread too if needed

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Really appreciate thefeedback guys. I voiced my displeasure about what was going on and now I am playing the waiting game to see what's done. It pisses me off because I have put a ton of effort in turning around the roster I was given and have actually turned it into a competitor quite honestly. Hate to give the team away but that's where I am leaning if nothing is done.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Keep us updated!

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:15 pm

LOL I wonder who is the 1 village idiot who voted that this isn't collusion?

Perhaps he was just purposely trolling the poll?

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:39 pm

It sounds like this is being viewed as not a big deal by the lead commissioner in this league so I proposed that rules need to be out in place and adhered to or they need to find somebody else to fill my spot. Tanking needs to be taken off the table and disallowed. Will see how that goes. But the damage is done I feel and kind of frustrated now. Will post an update when if anything is done.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:47 pm

UATahoe wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:39 pm It sounds like this is being viewed as not a big deal by the lead commissioner in this league so I proposed that rules need to be out in place and adhered to or they need to find somebody else to fill my spot. Tanking needs to be taken off the table and disallowed. Will see how that goes. But the damage is done I feel and kind of frustrated now. Will post an update when if anything is done.
Yeah, that's not a good sign. You could do what someone else suggested, to prove a point, and start your worst players all year, if you are going to drop out of the league. OR, start a real riot and start dropping your star players to the WW at 2 in the morning. :lol:

Someone up late just scoops up OBJ off of FCFS, (if you have it).

Or trade all of your best players to the direct competition of that guy who was getting helped by his friend. It's not really collusion if you just send a guy a great offer he can't refuse. It's tampering, no doubt. As your last act, teach show them what it looks like from the other side of the equation, maybe they will learn something from it.

All kinds of fun could be had, if you were so inclined.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:17 pm

After speaking my piece, tanking will be put to a vote by the league. So we will see what that outcome is and then go from there. Take it as a positive sign and hopefully can get some better rules setup so the league will be better off. Really appreciate the feedback guys.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:23 pm

UATahoe wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:17 pm After speaking my piece, tanking will be put to a vote by the league. So we will see what that outcome is and then go from there. Take it as a positive sign and hopefully can get some better rules setup so the league will be better off. Really appreciate the feedback guys.
That's good news. I would leave if it was voted out. It should be a 12-0 vote. My suggestions above were tongue in cheek, but there is no way you should stay in a league that votes that you can tank. Learn a lesson from this. When joining a league, look for tanking rules in the bylaws, (I always make sure there are no vetos, too. If there is a league vote on trades, or commish vetoes WITHOUT collusion I never join) so this doesn't happen again.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:07 am

jordanzs wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:15 pm LOL I wonder who is the 1 village idiot who voted that this isn't collusion?

Perhaps he was just purposely trolling the poll?
Turcorox or whatever his name is. If the poll is 100% one sided, then he can’t post his own thread giving this scenario and “what would we do?”

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:12 am

And if the OP end up leaving the league, I think he should go out with a bang. As someone suggested, tamper the hell out of that league. Trade all your best players to the other owner’s direct competition and see how he likes it. Also, completely tank, don’t even bother submitting a lineup (or if you have to, start the worst players), AND trade away all your picks to that team’s competition. Really set this league up for failure (if it isn’t already).

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:13 am

Tanking (not the same thing as rebuilding) and collusion really shouldn't need to be put to a vote. They are so obviously wrong that any commish worth their salt would not allow it.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:26 am

smells like collusion, but that's hard to prove.