Who are the studs coming in 2019

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Who are the studs coming in 2019

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:13 pm

dynasty12 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:04 pm I think people in here are overly down on this class. It looks loaded at WR to me. Since when is that a bad thing?
There's no clear star(s) and there's no depth. 2020 is the year to have a boatload of firsts. There will be productive players to come out of this class, but it'll be more of a dart throw than past years.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 pm

So, if no perceived studs, what prospects have the highest ceiling dependent on landing spot? I don't think Zeke or Kupp were situation dependent, but Kamara was.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:32 am

Friction wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:43 pm I am kind of surprised, then kind of not, that David Sills is not getting much ink, if any. I know he is white and plays for a pass-friendly system at West Va.
Kevin White has ruined WVU for everyone, that's why :lol: :lol: :silent:

Zdusza
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Zdusza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:41 am

mild wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 pm
Zdusza wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:07 am I currently have four 2019 1sts (maybe five before season's end) and I'm not sure if reading this thread is helping me or hurting me haha
You should be looking to move some of them once rookie fever hits. Target RB's in particular; you should be able to pick up some good WR prospects in this draft, but RB is going to be a crapshoot. You've largely missed the low window on a lot of the late-breakout / depressed value studs (Guice, Chubb, Sony) but you could probably still pry away / gamble on some older vets and troubled rookies that are struggling (Foreman, Bell, Freeman, Fournette, Cook, Penny, etc)

I'm assuming you're in rebuild given all those picks. See if you can swap a few for 2020 1sts in your trading too... shaping up to be a better draft.
Rebuild is an understatement. I agree with you for the most part, though. Picture will probably become a lot clearer once the off-season hits. Right now just trying to sell high to contenders on what value some of my older guys have left. Needless to say some serious wheeling and dealing is in the future. I appreciate the input

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Still think this draft is going to have some solid draft surprises.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm

AJ Brown currently having another monster game. Currrently at 199 yards with over 11 minutes still to play.

EDIT: He's now at 212. Dude is a beast.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm AJ Brown currently having another monster game. Currrently at 199 yards with over 11 minutes still to play.

Just dropped the game winning TD though.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:14 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm AJ Brown currently having another monster game. Currrently at 199 yards with over 11 minutes still to play.

Did he, I missed it. Bad drop?
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Not an easy catch. Underthrown streak from about the 20, he adjusts against freshman DB, ball goes through his hands and hits him in the facemask. They had to settle for FG to go to OT.

And as I type this he drops another, the game tying one in OT. Fade route, he has it, loses control and ultimately lets it get pulled away by the DB as he's going to the ground. Calvin Johnson-esque in some ways as he held the ball out from his body to brace himself/celebrate as he was falling when he otherwise had it fully secured.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Not an easy catch. Underthrown streak from about the 20, he adjusts against freshman DB, ball goes through his hands and hits him in the facemask. They had to settle for FG to go to OT.

And as I type this he drops another, the game tying one in OT. Fade route, he has it, loses control and ultimately lets it get pulled away by the DB as he's going to the ground. Calvin Johnson-esque in some ways as he held the ball out from his body to brace himself/celebrate as he was falling when he otherwise had it fully secured.
I'll try and find it, however I hardly think these plays make or break him as a prospect. Looks like a tough possession receiver with some serious YAC ability. DK is by far the more explosive WR at Ole Miss, but Brown reminds me of guys like Boldin/JuJu in some ways.
Janiel Dones Truther

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 pm

I'll try and find it, however I hardly think these plays make or break him as a prospect. Looks like a tough possession receiver with some serious YAC ability. DK is by far the more explosive WR at Ole Miss, but Brown reminds me of guys like Boldin/JuJu in some ways.
Honestly he looks like an NFL receiver to me. His body control is very natural and he adjusts to the ball very well in the air. I like him as a prospect. It was just disappointing to see him with two hands on the ball in the endzone with the game on the line and let it hit the turf....twice.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:44 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:38 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Honestly he looks like an NFL receiver to me. His body control is very natural and he adjusts to the ball very well in the air. I like him as a prospect. It was just disappointing to see him with two hands on the ball in the endzone with the game on the line and let it hit the turf....twice.
Indeed. I was not watching at the time, so will have to find it, but you do want to see him be a big moment player, no doubt.
Janiel Dones Truther

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:04 am

2020 Right now:

RB:
Travis Etienne
D'Andre Swift
Jonathan Taylor
A.J. Dillon
Najee Harris
Cam Akers
J.K. Dobbins

WR:
Jerry Jeudy
Tee Higgins
Laviska Shenault

Still a lot can change, but it's loading up fast.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:41 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:04 am 2020 Right now:

RB:
Travis Etienne
D'Andre Swift
Jonathan Taylor
A.J. Dillon
Najee Harris
Cam Akers
J.K. Dobbins

WR:
Jerry Jeudy
Tee Higgins
Laviska Shenault

You could argue that everyone on that list would be in the conversation for 1.01 in 2019 too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:47 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:41 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:04 am 2020 Right now:

RB:
Travis Etienne
D'Andre Swift
Jonathan Taylor
A.J. Dillon
Najee Harris
Cam Akers
J.K. Dobbins

WR:
Jerry Jeudy
Tee Higgins
Laviska Shenault

You could argue that everyone on that list would be in the conversation for 1.01 in 2019 too.
Even with a good game yesterday, Cam Akers has been kind of disappointing. I don't think he would be 1.01 this year, nor would AJ Dillon. Jonathon Taylor does not look like the same type of talent that Melvin was as Wisky either. Harris is another Alabama back that will probably just disappoint, although I like him. I think there are some good players (depth) to this class, but it doesn't look as great as everyone else seems to think at the RB position to me.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther