Who are the studs coming in 2019

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Who are the studs coming in 2019

Postby Servo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:17 am

I wrote this in the 2QB/SF thread but Haskins' one season of production was pretty damn impressive but the risk you're taking is, is that 1 season enough to be sold on him? Cam, Trubisky and guys like Sanchez all come to mind.

Right now, based on draft order, I think I'd like to see him go to:

- NYG, appear to be the best odds, unless someone trades up ahead of them.

- TB, seems unlikely how they said Winston "will be" coming back.

- Maybe Miami? Dependent on who takes the HC job.

- Maybe Denver? Hopefully their weapons can take a step forward in Y2, aka Sutton + Hamilton. Does Sanders come back?

- Maybe Cincy? Pretty damn good weapons but will Hue Jackson be their next HC? Lol

Not all that enticed by OAK, JAX, WAS

notorioustot
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby notorioustot » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:27 am

bsp27 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:05 pm I think the argument can be made for Dwayne Haskins as the 1.01 in superflex, especially if he lands with the Giants.
Having the exact same thought as I am sitting here holding the 1.01 and 1.02 in a Superflex. Even if he lands in JAX.....
14 Team Dynasty League - 25 Active Roster
PPR Superflex, 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 DST

QB: Mahomes; Goff; Kyler; Dobbs; Aiden; DTR;
RB: Rhamondre; ETN; Gibson; CEH; Jet; Ty; Chase; White
WR: AJB; Ja'Marr; Lazard; Mooney; Deebo; Phillips; Jauan
TE: Hock;
K: McManus
Def: GB; Cincy

IR:

Picks: 2024 2 3 4 5
2025 2 3 4 5
2026 2 3 4 5

Team 2: 12 teams, otherwise, same rules above:
QB: Burrow; Fields; Stafford; Aiden; Bagnet
RB: Bijan; E. Mitchell; Mostert; Pacheco; Pollard; Kendre; Dowdle; Keaton M
WR: Nico; DJ Moore; Skyy; DPJ; Deebo; Puka; C Tillman; Philips
TE: Kelce;
K: Hopkins
DST: BUFF

IR: Knox, Palmer

Picks:
2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 team, 30 Active, same rules above:
QB: Tua; Watson; Tannehill; Minshew; Trask
RB: Ekeler; Henry; Kamara; Mostert; Dillon; E. Dotson; C. Evans; E. Mitchell; S. Tucker
WR: Diggs; Keenan; Evans; Deebo; Tee; Mims; Marshall
TE: Kelce; Ferguson; Kraft; Irv Jr.;
K: Elliott
DST: Cowboys; Phins

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:47 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:34 am
Vcize wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:25 am Or another way to put it...

2018 wasn't considered deep at RB because of Barkley, it was considered deep because there were 8 RBs drafted in the first 3 rounds.

2017 wasn't considered deep at RB because of CMC, it was considered deep because there were 8 RBs drafted in the first 3 rounds.

2016 wasn't considered shallow at RB because of Zeke, it was considered shallow because there were only 4 RBs drafted in the first 3 rounds.

Obviously a TON can change between now and the draft, but right now most of the 3 round mocks I can find have 7-8 RBs going in the first 3 rounds of 2019. So if that holds up the depth is there.
2017 was considered deep because there were people in the middle of those groups who some felt were 1st-round talents:

Fournette
McCaffrey
Cook
Mixon
Kamara
Hunt
Foreman
Perine
Mack

Hunt and Kamara didn't come out of nowhere. Hell, I thought Foreman was one of the Top 3-4 backs in this class and he was drafted in the 3rd round. I remember Matt Miller of Bleacher Report talking up Kamara all season. There were threads here where people talked him up. I didn't see him in that same light though. But, what came out of nowhere was their perfect landing spots and elite immediate production.

I don't see that with this class right now. To me, RB's like Montgomery, Harris, Snell, Love are just alright RB's and the guys behind them don't strike me as anything special either. Will a few overachieve? Absolutely, but on paper it doesn't resemble good depth and I think most of them would not even be talked about if they were in next year's class, which has the potential to be loaded at RB.
Where did I say Hunt and Kamara came out of nowhere? Obviously people were talking about them, but they were still considered mostly day 3 guys with upside. The same as 8-10 guys will this year.

I think we misremember how good of prospects guys were sometimes just because we heard their names a lot. There are 500 forum posters and 300 bloggers talking about 10 different RB prospects throughout the offseason, especially as the draft approaches. Then whichever ones hit, everyone remembers the people talking about those guys and acts like they were a much greater prospect than they were just because they remember their name being bandied about.

As we approach the draft this year there will be ~8ish RBs talked about at least as much as Kamara/Hunt/Kerryon/Royce type guys were.

This draft is undoubtedly weaker at the top at RB than prior years. The top RB will be much weaker than the top RB the last few years. The 3rd RB will be much weaker than the 3rd RB the last few years. But depth is really there at RB. There are 8ish guys projected with a day 3 grade or better just like the last few years, and if they land in a good spot like the day 2/3 guys did last year then this draft will be plenty deep at RB.

For instance just taking the first 3-round NFL mock I could find...

2.03 Oakland - Darrell Henderson
2.08 Buffalo - Justice Hill
2.25 Philly - Trayveon Williams
3.04 Jets - Bryce Love
3.21 Indy - Mike Weber
3.24 Balt - Rodney Anderson
3.25 Houston - Damien Harris

So if you have something like that you've got 7 guys right there that are pretty desirable going into rookie drafts and combined with all the WRs at the top this year you're looking at some of them being available in the late 1st/early 2nd. And that's before we get into the offseason stock risers like Penny (for whom someone like Josh Jacobs could easily be this year).

You're right that a lot depends on them landing in good spots but as players I don't think these guys aren't really any worse as prospects than Kamara/Hunt/Royce/Kerryon types were considered (especially at this point in the offseason in 2017/2018) which is what made those last two drafts deep, and the hype will only build as we approach the draft and we all start throwing this year's names around more often.

Maybe we're just not lining up on the definition of "deep". I consider last year's class great because guys like Royce/Kerryon were way down at 7/8 and the guys ahead of them were even better. This year's class is more like 7-8 guys in that same vein which still makes it similarly deep, but obviously much weaker since the guys in the top 5 or top 6 range are just more Kerryon/Royce types instead of guys who are a class above.

But that's still a lot deeper than the 2016 class where the 8th best guy was a 5th round pick in a crowded situation on a mediocre team.
Well said and I agree that they may not be drafted to be "the guy" but the chance to be the guy will be there and some guys only need the opportunity. Look at lamar miller...I'd take most these guys over him if they were given his volume. It will happen somewhere.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:40 pm

To me, Holyfield is the guy who could save this class if he declares, which he is considering. I think he'd be clearly the best running back in this class and would be better of it he declared this year instead of next.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:23 pm

Trayveon Williams declared. In the top 5 RB consideration for me so far.

He's a guy whose combine measurements and testing will be very interesting to follow. TAMU had him listed at 5'9 201, however college listings are so often exaggerated. If he measures at truly 5'9 205-210 I'd feel a lot better about his prospects than if he ends up 5'8 195.
#FreeCoreyDavis

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:45 pm

jaykay22 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:23 pm Trayveon Williams declared. In the top 5 RB consideration for me so far.

He's a guy whose combine measurements and testing will be very interesting to follow. TAMU had him listed at 5'9 201, however college listings are so often exaggerated. If he measures at truly 5'9 205-210 I'd feel a lot better about his prospects than if he ends up 5'8 195.
I am not impressed with what I see. He isn't "shifty" enough for a smaller back for me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:46 pm

Pre draft I think Kelvin Harmon is going to be 1.01. I think he'll test well. I like him more than Brown or N'Keal.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 am

I've started to finally see why Darrell Henderson is getting hype. I see some Tevin Coleman there...
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:37 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 am I've started to finally see why Darrell Henderson is getting hype. I see some Tevin Coleman there...
Almost 9 YPC two straight years with volume. Yeah, he's good.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:51 pm

WF has Josh Jacobs listed as their #2 RB with a round 1-2 projection, interesting.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:56 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:51 pm WF has Josh Jacobs listed as their #2 RB with a round 1-2 projection, interesting.
Did he declare? Rushing for 500 yards on Alabama isn't exactly awe inspiring.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:40 pm To me, Holyfield is the guy who could save this class if he declares, which he is considering. I think he'd be clearly the best running back in this class and would be better of it he declared this year instead of next.
He declared on the 4th.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:56 pm
Phaded wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:51 pm WF has Josh Jacobs listed as their #2 RB with a round 1-2 projection, interesting.
He was never really given the chance to be the lead back. He looks incredibly explosive when he does touch the ball. I have zero problem with a high projection for him, as I expect he will show well at the combine.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm

CGW wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:56 pm
He was never really given the chance to be the lead back. He looks incredibly explosive when he does touch the ball. I have zero problem with a high projection for him, as I expect he will show well at the combine.
This is what I basically read, he was a committee and while the stats aren't there due to it - a lot of people are high on him.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm
CGW wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:56 pm

This is what I basically read, he was a committee and while the stats aren't there due to it - a lot of people are high on him.
I'm torn on him. He is definitely the closest thing to a prototypical fantasy RB prospect in this draft (good size, speed, and hands). But even with the RBBC factored in he wasn't all that productive (just mediocre) with the touches he did get.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert