Who are the studs coming in 2019

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Who are the studs coming in 2019

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:47 am Does anyone have any thought on LJ Scott? I was very intrigued last year and then he decided to stay in college. He was injured a lot this year but I like the way he runs. Reminds me of a Mixon/Bell type.
As a PSU fan, I think he is fine. Based on the games I've watched of him, I don't think he is on their level, esp in the passing game, but in the right situation, given opportunity, I think he will produce. He does run hard and broke a lot of tackles in college and I don't see too much of a problem with him catching the ball, on a whole, but I don't see a top rb talent.
Right. I didnt mean to compare talents because yes they are quite different. Just their run styles reminded me of each other.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Vcize wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:20 pm
heyfeefellskee wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:00 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:23 am There's definitely guys who have the potential to do something, but there aren't many surefire prospects like 2018.
I'm not sure we had that many surefire prospects in 2018.

Looking at mizelle's ADP data from September, we had (in order):
-Barkley
-Guice
-Penny
-Michel
-Jones
-Chubb
-Kerryon
-Freeman
-Moore
-Sutton
-Ridley
-Kirk

How many of those guys outside of Barkley did we consider "surefire" coming into the draft?

Personally, I'd say Barkley and Chubb were the major ones--though Chubb's ADP of 1.6 indicates not everyone felt that way.
Fantasy footballers are notorious for being just about the worst hindsighters in existence.

No one outside of Barkley was "sure-fire". Not even close.
Amen! Guice was the 1.02 for a lot of people. Jury is out, but he was still not sure-fire. C'mon man! If Chubb was sure fire why was he behind RoJo?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:52 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:23 am There's definitely guys who have the potential to do something, but there aren't many surefire prospects like 2018.

-Barkley
-Guice
-Penny
-Michel
-Jones
-Chubb
-Kerryon
-Freeman
-Moore
-Sutton
-Ridley
-Kirk

How many of those guys outside of Barkley did we consider "surefire" coming into the draft?

Personally, I'd say Barkley and Chubb were the major ones--though Chubb's ADP of 1.6 indicates not everyone felt that way.
Fantasy footballers are notorious for being just about the worst hindsighters in existence.

Strongly disagree. Check my post history, and I'm not the only one. 2018 had a ton of guys who definitely qualified as surefire.

There's not a back in this class who would've been in the top 5 last year.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:29 pm

I had Barkley, Chubb and Guice as surefire. Baker and Darnold for QBs. At time of rookie drafts I had no confidence in any other assets. Honestly, I’d say it’s reallly rare for more even that many guys to stand out as surefire.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 pm

Alabama Josh Jacobs getting a lot of buzz recently
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:39 am

Getting around to watching some of the WR class highlights. Hakeem Butler is massive. 6'6 isnt a typical WR but I'm interested to see where everyone tests and lands

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 am

Has anybody done any research on Andy Isabella out of UMASS? They were talking about him on XM radio yesterday because he'll be at the senior bowl. Said he was a runningback in high school and ran the fastest 60 yard dash that year in the nation at 6.72 seconds (for high schoolers). Now he's a converted WR and has put up some good numbers over his years in college.

notorioustot
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby notorioustot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:05 am

I have the 1.01 and 1.02 in a Superflex (team 1 in sig).

Just starting my research but I've already resigned myself that one of those picks would be Haskins, regardless of where he ends up. But would you consider taking Haskins and Murray back-to-back in that situation? Pairing them with Mahomes would (hopefully) give me a strong QB2 if not eventual low-end QB1 for years to come.

This team needs a little of everything however, and before the Murray talk, I'd figured I'd be taking Haskins + best WR available.
14 Team Dynasty League - 25 Active Roster
PPR Superflex, 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 DST

QB: Mahomes; Goff; Kyler; Dobbs; Aiden; DTR;
RB: Rhamondre; ETN; Gibson; CEH; Jet; Ty; Chase; White
WR: AJB; Ja'Marr; Lazard; Mooney; Deebo; Phillips; Jauan
TE: Hock;
K: McManus
Def: GB; Cincy

IR:

Picks: 2024 2 3 4 5
2025 2 3 4 5
2026 2 3 4 5

Team 2: 12 teams, otherwise, same rules above:
QB: Burrow; Fields; Stafford; Aiden; Bagnet
RB: Bijan; E. Mitchell; Mostert; Pacheco; Pollard; Kendre; Dowdle; Keaton M
WR: Nico; DJ Moore; Skyy; DPJ; Deebo; Puka; C Tillman; Philips
TE: Kelce;
K: Hopkins
DST: BUFF

IR: Knox, Palmer

Picks:
2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 team, 30 Active, same rules above:
QB: Tua; Watson; Tannehill; Minshew; Trask
RB: Ekeler; Henry; Kamara; Mostert; Dillon; E. Dotson; C. Evans; E. Mitchell; S. Tucker
WR: Diggs; Keenan; Evans; Deebo; Tee; Mims; Marshall
TE: Kelce; Ferguson; Kraft; Irv Jr.;
K: Elliott
DST: Cowboys; Phins

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:19 am

Yes I would at least very strongly consider taking Haskins and Murray 1 and 2 in SF leagues this year.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:22 am

Why not take 1 QB and trade down a couple spots to like 1.04 or 1.05 and pick up more picks if the team needs a little of everything? The WRs all seem pretty equal so you wont lose much value if you do plan on picking a WR with one of those picks.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:52 pm

-Barkley
-Guice
-Penny
-Michel
-Jones
-Chubb
-Kerryon
-Freeman
-Moore
-Sutton
-Ridley
-Kirk

Strongly disagree. Check my post history, and I'm not the only one. 2018 had a ton of guys who definitely qualified as surefire.

Except Harris and Love were typically considered the #3 and #4 backs at this time last year before they decided to stay in school.

Guice had questions about his ability to catch and of course had the big drop in the NFL draft. Guy was a mid or even late 1st round rookie pick in quite a few drafts.

Chubb still had questions about the injury and the Browns weren't considered a great landing spot at the time especially with the crowded backfield.

These guys were going 4th-5th round in startup drafts. That is far from "sure-fire".
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

notorioustot
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby notorioustot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:42 am

IBall2 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:22 am Why not take 1 QB and trade down a couple spots to like 1.04 or 1.05 and pick up more picks if the team needs a little of everything? The WRs all seem pretty equal so you wont lose much value if you do plan on picking a WR with one of those picks.
Definitely have considered this, but that all depends on who is biting and what value I get. But if I can make it happen, absolutely.

IR:

2025 2 3 4 5
2026 2 3 4 5

Picks:
2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

RB: Ekeler; Henry; Kamara; Mostert; Dillon; E. Dotson; C. Evans; E. Mitchell; S. Tucker

notorioustot
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby notorioustot » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:19 am Yes I would at least very strongly consider taking Haskins and Murray 1 and 2 in SF leagues this year.
Thank you sir. Always good to know I'm not (completely) crazy!

IR:

2025 2 3 4 5
2026 2 3 4 5

Picks:
2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am

Vcize wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 am
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Except Harris and Love were typically considered the #3 and #4 backs at this time last year before they decided to stay in school.

Guice had questions about his ability to catch and of course had the big drop in the NFL draft. Guy was a mid or even late 1st round rookie pick in quite a few drafts.

Chubb still had questions about the injury and the Browns weren't considered a great landing spot at the time especially with the crowded backfield.

These guys were going 4th-5th round in startup drafts. That is far from "sure-fire".
Both Harris and Love have looked worse this year, so they've been downgraded. As prospects this year, they are not as good as the other 5 from last year.

We obviously have different definitions of surefire. There were 5 backs I felt confident in holding a significant role for 3+ years and a few more who I thought could have solid roles for a couple years. In my mind, that's surefire. You're not going to find many draft classes like that. I don't understand the argument otherwise.

Regarding Guice, he was most definitely not a mid- to late-1st. He was a top 3 pick pre-injury in the vast majority of drafts. Proof: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29230&start=180

For Chubb, the situation was "deceptive" in that it wasn't obviously a great landing spot, but specifically as a prospect, he was surefire. I personally loved the landing spot because I felt he was in-line for huge workload once he beat out Hyde and Cleveland was set up nicely for whatever RB got the carries.

Bottom line is, this class is weaker. A few guys are bound to produce once they enter the league like any other class, but it's a lot harder to predict and there's a lot less overall talent. I think we could remove Barkley and 2018 would still be considered a really great RB class.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:14 am

Love tore his ACL in his last game for Stanford... Feel for the guy, but he will likely fall far now.. torn ACL, admitted to not being committed to football, not reliant on football for a career (aspiring doctor, allegedly very intelligent) I wouldn't want to draft him. It's too easy for him to get your of a tough tough job for not quite as illustrious career but he will still be very wealthy and more importantly very healthy as a doctor.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06