Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Who are the studs coming in 2019

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Huh wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:37 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Glad you cleared that up. Not saying I know better, either, but CMC was not viewed as clear cut 1.01, most took Fournette ahead of him. I think it just makes it more interesting, because I think there will be a few really good players to come out of this class, personally.
I recall the Fournette was seen as the 1.1, and McCaffrey, Mixon and Davis were duking it out in the second tier. As it turns out, guys like Kamara and Hunt were better picks.

The 2017 draft is a good lesson not to be a slave the ADP.
Mixon McCaffery fournette for me. Nobody had kamara or hunt in the top three during their drafts. Put mixon or McCaffery on the saints or chiefs and our heads would explode.
Agree on the underlined.. Two questions-
1- is the fact Hunt and Kamara weren't in the top three a sign of poor scouting?
2- how much of Kamara's/Hunt's current value is driven by their draft landing spots?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:13 pm

IBall2 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 pm
Friction wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:31 pm Could not figure out how to embed this, but

https://twitter.com/FanDuel/status/1095051456422518790
Why is AJ Brown cropped out of this picture on the right?! He looks just as jacked but more lean.
The original pic all three are shown fully, so I am not sure why it did that when I took it from Twitter.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:31 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:52 pm Agree on the underlined.. Two questions-
1- is the fact Hunt and Kamara weren't in the top three a sign of poor scouting?
2- how much of Kamara's/Hunt's current value is driven by their draft landing spots?
Retroactively, I don't think there's anything that would tell you that Hunt or Kamara were going to be world beaters (pun not intended lol) over CMC, Mixon, Fournette and Cook.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:52 pm
Agree on the underlined.. Two questions-
Question 1: Not poor scouting at all by NFL standards for the RB position. The only reach pick in that draft IMO was Cook personally. Those two were selected in the top of the 3rd round. That is high for RB's and they are expected to produce.

Question 2: Landing spot always matters for RB's given the players around them, the system, and O line. Kamara went top 1/2 of round 1 in several fantasy drafts I was a part of due to landing spot and I moved into the back of round 1 to draft Hunt in a money league.

NFL wise Fournette and McCaffrey were the only lock round 1 picks and the only two that went round 1. Cook and Mixon went round 2 followed by Kamara and Hunt in round 3. All of the backs are very good players I had rated high outside of Cook who I didn't like due to lateral quickness mainly.

That was a strong RB class. There looks to be a few pretty good backs in this class but it probably won't compare to that class.

On a side note, Conner also went in the late 3rd round of that draft and made the pro Bowl.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:55 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... s-torn-acl

I always "hate" when stuff like this happens - it is more on the IDP side but still a shame. :(
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 am

this is an interesting article for qbs

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/prosp ... ats-report
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 am

Good qb article. I know Qbs are a little different for rookie drafts (unless SF/2QB), but just goes to show how much we over react at times to college prospects and future draft classes. Not too long ago Browning, Finley, and Thorson were highly sought after at the position IRL, which can usually equates to being drafted highly in fantasy too. I feel similar with some of the 2020 and 2021 prospects, at all positions. Thanks for sharing the article.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:13 am

here is another article that talks about qb vs height. it's also very interesting to see there is no difference at all.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/numbe ... alytics-qb
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:47 pm

Thanks for sharing the articles Dynos - much appreciated. :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Also Kyle Shurmur is the son of Pat Shurmur - thats likely to get him a draft look by some team. :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... y-football

I guess concern Kyler Murray wasnt serious is enough to warrant him to repeat himself.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:04 pm

Article on Josh Jacobs from two years back. He was almost entirely missed by the big schools until last minute (partially because of a huge growth spurt and partially because he was in the middle of nowhere/where no athletes come from) and then he was suddenly the guy to target. Interesting it’s somewhat happening to him again with his draft stock. Also interesting to me that he was a wildcat qb. I haven’t studied his college game yet.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2016 ... n_2_m.html

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:17 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 35541/Amp/

Another Jacobs article. Sounds like what every coach wants from their rb. Can catch, willing and capable blocker, willing and capable special teamer, unselfish, and reliable to count on (relied on him for 3rd and short often apparently and he kept delivering). Early in my research with nothing watched yet but the articles are giving me reason to wonder/believe. Maybe there IS a top asset in this draft...and was just sharing the load with two other very capable rbs (Najee Harris being a younger #1 rb recruit that they had to also appease).

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:41 pm

Thanks for sharing! :)

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:49 pm

Josh Jacobs is a beast. He won’t have gaudy numbers as none of our rb’s every do with the committee approach Saban takes but Jacobs can do it all. Extremely tough runner who consistent gets 2-3 yards after big contact and has great pass catching skills. Top speed is deceptive and was a big time threat for Bama returning kickoffs. Depending on landing spot, he would potentially be my 1.01.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez