Who are the studs coming in 2019

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Who are the studs coming in 2019

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:34 am

XxBallMeBlazerxX wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:38 am I think a lot of people are overlooking this class, especially the rb’s, which is good for the people who bought up picks or plan on buying up picks. Yeah there aren’t many, if any, players we would call elite or get hyped up over but there are a good amount of solid players that have potential to post wr2/rb2 numbers or maybe low end wr1/rb1 numbers in the right system. Some players have their question marks but what prospect doesn’t? Everyone is a risk and if that’s not something you’re comfortable with then you might be better off trading all your draft picks away every year for players in the league already.
Any RB can post RB1/RB2 numbers in the right system with respectable volume. That's not exclusive to any class. But overall, the RB depth this year is poor and outside of a few players, there's not much talent. David Montgomery is probably RB1. Maybe Damien Harris and Darrell Henderson follow, but I think if those players were in next year's class, they wouldn't have the same billing.

There will be players who overachieve from out of nowhere (there always is). But, on paper the value of this class tanks really quickly.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:57 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:28 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:18 pm 1.06 got traded for Adam Humphries in my league, just as an example of how bad some people think this class is going to be. I think that is an awful awful deal. Idc how "bad" this class is.
This is probably an isolated case.
I agree and the guy who traded 1.06 is really really down on this class for whatever reason. He has been getting destroyed every day for this trade. I don't have a first but I hope this class does end up being really good just to prove this guy wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:10 am

All this talk tho still has me concerned if my picks 2.04 and 2.06 are even worth anything. I am in bad need of an RB2 unless I get very lucky and it is not sounding at all like this is the class to try and scoop up an RB in the draft. Thinking about trying to trade those picks later on but not sure what RB to go after and worried these picks will be deemed worthless by my league due to the "echo chamber" as someone else put it of how bad this class is.

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:39 am

Does riley ridley could be a really good 2nd round pick

He has the size
Good hands
Not sure about route running
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:24 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:10 am All this talk tho still has me concerned if my picks 2.04 and 2.06 are even worth anything. I am in bad need of an RB2 unless I get very lucky and it is not sounding at all like this is the class to try and scoop up an RB in the draft. Thinking about trying to trade those picks later on but not sure what RB to go after and worried these picks will be deemed worthless by my league due to the "echo chamber" as someone else put it of how bad this class is.
You have to hold those picks for a bit, because I agree, they are worth very little right now with the notion that this draft is going to be weak. I think you could find decent 2nd round talent, or maybe you can trade both to move up to get one guy come draft day

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:34 am

Dynos wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:39 am Does riley ridley could be a really good 2nd round pick

He has the size
Good hands
Routes as good as his brother's actually. He's just been stuck on the Dawgs, who have incredible RB talent every season it feels like, so his numbers don't exactly pop off. If he lands on a good team as a day 2 pick, he could rise quickly.
#FreeCoreyDavis

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:50 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:10 am All this talk tho still has me concerned if my picks 2.04 and 2.06 are even worth anything. I am in bad need of an RB2 unless I get very lucky and it is not sounding at all like this is the class to try and scoop up an RB in the draft. Thinking about trying to trade those picks later on but not sure what RB to go after and worried these picks will be deemed worthless by my league due to the "echo chamber" as someone else put it of how bad this class is.
I still believe there are 3-4 RB's that would've qualified as being in the top 8 RB's from last rookie class. Montgomery, Damien Harris, Bryce Love, Benny Snell Jr. Depending on what happens in FA there could be a few times that are absolutely ideal for a RB. Chiefs and Eagles jump out the most. If one of these guys goes there they could be fantasy gold. I'm hoping that the WR hype pushes these RB's down towards the back of the 1st round. If that happens I'd recommend packaging both of those packs and a player you don't care about and trying to acquire one of those 4 RBs. No chance you will get a decent RB in the mid 2nd in this draft but there is a ton of depth at WR so those picks could be pretty valuable to someone else.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 am

Titans95 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:50 am
I still believe there are 3-4 RB's that would've qualified as being in the top 8 RB's from last rookie class. Montgomery, Damien Harris, Bryce Love, Benny Snell Jr. Depending on what happens in FA there could be a few times that are absolutely ideal for a RB. Chiefs and Eagles jump out the most. If one of these guys goes there they could be fantasy gold. I'm hoping that the WR hype pushes these RB's down towards the back of the 1st round. If that happens I'd recommend packaging both of those packs and a player you don't care about and trying to acquire one of those 4 RBs. No chance you will get a decent RB in the mid 2nd in this draft but there is a ton of depth at WR so those picks could be pretty valuable to someone else.
Thank you I will keep those names in mind. Im rebuilding and hoping I can at least make a run at a wild card spot next season, ive missed playoffs 3 years in a row and totally sick of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:25 am

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 am
Thank you I will keep those names in mind. Im rebuilding and hoping I can at least make a run at a wild card spot next season, ive missed playoffs 3 years in a row and totally sick of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha I feel you, its easy to "rebuild" when you are getting the 1.01 each year but when you get stuck in 4 and 5th place for multiple years it's a vicious cycle to get out of. Kinda confuses me why people are so down on this class. No there isn't a "Saquon" and there aren't 8 great RB prospects but Bryce Love was assumed to be a top pick last year if he declared, David Montgomery is an amazing all around back wth great balance and vision but lacks long speed (kinda reminds me of Kareem Hunt), Damien Harris looks like an absolute stud that only has the knock of lack of carries but its not his fault he team is up by 50 by halftime each game. Snell may be 1 dimensional in the nfl, its too early to tell but he was the sole reason FREAKING KENTUCKY went on a 7-0 run to start the season and that's nothing to scoff at when he was playing against SEC defenses.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Dynos wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:39 am Does riley ridley could be a really good 2nd round pick

He has the size
Good hands
his junior season he had 500 receiving yards. Less than 20% of the teams receiving yards. He isn't very good.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

XxBallMeBlazerxX
Rookie
Rookie

Postby XxBallMeBlazerxX » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:44 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 am
Some other names to throw out there are Miles Sanders (if he declares), Rodney Anderson, Alex Barnes, Mike Weber, Elijah Holyfield (if he declares), LJ Scott, Myles Gaskins, Justice Hill, Devin Singletary. This rb class isn’t as bad as people make it out to be.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:38 pm

bsp27 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:07 pm

He has the size
Good hands
his junior season he had 500 receiving yards. Less than 20% of the teams receiving yards. He isn't very good.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/24/ ... ley-story/

I don't agree with anyone who may have him as a top 10 WR prospect for the 2019 draft, but I can see him being a DaeSean Hamilton-like prospect and pro producer. All-around solid prospect potentially worth a 2nd round pick depending on landing spot and situation. All we can ask for from a WR whose numbers don't pop off is that he's fundamentally sound, and that's something that Ridley is.

Personally, WR wise I'd currently rank him behind:

(no particular order)

AJB
DK
Harmon
Harry
JJAW (if he declares)
Hollywood (if he declares)
Butler (just declared, I believe?)
Lodge
KeeSean Johnson
Collin Johnson (if he declares)
Tyler Johnson (if he declares)

Draft could shakeup things.
#FreeCoreyDavis

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Collin Johnson has been advised to stay in school. Apparently he's been playing through a meniscus tear since November, which makes his production more impressive.

Darrell Henderson officially declared a few weeks ago, and is 3rd on Kiper's RB board.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Can anyone tell me what happened with Marquise Brown? Last I read he was going to play, but I don't see him on the stats sheet at all.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:43 pm

If Josh Jacob strikes while the iron is hot this year, he could be a trendy riser.