The extremely talented and always underrated Amari Cooper Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Cooper to the Cowboys

Postby Bot101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:44 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:39 pm Some times a change in scenery is all it takes to wake up a player that was just going through the motions. I think this applies more to Cooper than it does Mack. As far as Mack and his performance, I agree with what Phaded said above.
My worries for players like this is after he gets paid will he fall back into his old ways? We've seen this time and again, guys show out to get paid and fall back to earth after they get the money.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Maybe it's only me but I seem to remember that the constant excuses for Cooper not producing in Oakland were Carr's inability to get him the football (same excuses people were making for Dez). Now the story is changing that he wasn't producing due to lack of effort but that's changed since he's with the Cowboys? I'm confused...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:41 pm

skip wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:47 pm Maybe it's only me but I seem to remember that the constant excuses for Cooper not producing in Oakland were Carr's inability to get him the football (same excuses people were making for Dez). Now the story is changing that he wasn't producing due to lack of effort but that's changed since he's with the Cowboys? I'm confused...
1. Year 1 - produced as WR2 as a 20 year old rookie
2. Year 2 - finished as a high end WR2/low end WR1
3. Year 3 - terrible year as the entire team fell apart
4. Year 4 - huge games with Oakland when he received targets and becomes a solid WR1 since Dallas trade

I think we’re making this way more complicated than it needs to be. He was on a great trajectory his first 2 years, had one throwaway year, and then is back to being awesome this year.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:41 pm
skip wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:47 pm Maybe it's only me but I seem to remember that the constant excuses for Cooper not producing in Oakland were Carr's inability to get him the football (same excuses people were making for Dez). Now the story is changing that he wasn't producing due to lack of effort but that's changed since he's with the Cowboys? I'm confused...
4. Year 4 - huge games with Oakland when he received targets and becomes a solid WR1 since Dallas trade

I think we’re making this way more complicated than it needs to be. He was on a great trajectory his first 2 years, had one throwaway year, and then is back to being awesome this year.
I feel like no one is arguing with this besides the one Raider fan salty over losing two really good football players in one year. From what’s been previously mentioned by Phaded he absolutely will cool down from a 200 yd 3 td game, but has been producing as a solid WR2 while in Dallas even without this game and is showing the efficiency and targets to do so. If anyone has been watching its clear he’s running spectacular routes, Dallas is using him all over the formation and I would say very effectively, and hasn’t had many drops. I don’t know why you need to add the caveat of “when he cools down” as if its inevitable he becomes a nobody again or struggles. Majority of his years in the NFL hint of him being, or at least evening out as, a high end fantasy WR2/fantastic WR3 and in real life I think he can be a WR1 for Dallas due to the way they prioritize the run game over a dominant #1 WR; which he's shown he can be in stretches anyways. Either way he is enjoyable to watch, seems to be a great guy, and is producing in fantasy so I have no complaints as an owner.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 pm

I feel like no one is arguing with this besides the one Raider fan salty over losing two really good football players in one year. From what’s been previously mentioned by Phaded he absolutely will cool down from a 200 yd 3 td game, but has been producing as a solid WR2 while in Dallas even without this game and is showing the efficiency and targets to do so. If anyone has been watching its clear he’s running spectacular routes, Dallas is using him all over the formation and I would say very effectively, and hasn’t had many drops. I don’t know why you need to add the caveat of “when he cools down” as if its inevitable he becomes a nobody again or struggles. Majority of his years in the NFL hint of him being, or at least evening out as, a high end fantasy WR2/fantastic WR3 and in real life I think he can be a WR1 for Dallas due to the way they prioritize the run game over a dominant #1 WR; which he's shown he can be in stretches anyways. Either way he is enjoyable to watch, seems to be a great guy, and is producing in fantasy so I have no complaints as an owner.
I was the Raider fan that thought and believed in Coop, but I honestly think he needed to get out of Oakland. I am not surprised what is happening right now at all, but I honestly think Coop would have continued on being hit and miss in Oakland, it wasn't working. The Raiders got a first rounder, and I am happy with that, because I honestly don't believe the Coop you are seeing in Dallas was suddenly going to pop up in Oakland. Coop needed a fresh start, and it revived his career.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 pm

I was the Raider fan that thought and believed in Coop, but I honestly think he needed to get out of Oakland. I am not surprised what is happening right now at all, but I honestly think Coop would have continued on being hit and miss in Oakland, it wasn't working. The Raiders got a first rounder, and I am happy with that, because I honestly don't believe the Coop you are seeing in Dallas was suddenly going to pop up in Oakland. Coop needed a fresh start, and it revived his career.
I’m a Raiders fan as well and from experience it’s generally pretty safe to bet on players we know are talented rebounding when they leave Oakland. We’ve been either the most or second most (Browns) dysfunctional team in the NFL right now for over a decade.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Speaking of Raiders (or Cowboys) Fans - hopefully you'll all go vote for the Raiders (or Cowboys) in the Polls I created to determine what NFL Teams the DLF Forums members support and percentage of each fan base makes up the Forum. Polls are in the NFL Discussion Forum.

viewforum.php?f=81
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm Speaking of Raiders (or Cowboys) Fans - hopefully you'll all go vote for the Raiders (or Cowboys) in the Polls I created to determine what NFL Teams the DLF Forums members support and percentage of each fan base makes up the Forum. Polls are in the NFL Discussion Forum.

viewforum.php?f=81
Done

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Sometimes people need a change of scenery. Unfortunate, but just the reality.

Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flschbrger » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 pm

From a technical standpoint - His 2 knocks were always he couldn't beat press coverage and had a case of the drops(Especially in red zone/end zone)

He's excelled in press coverage since coming to Dallas. His hands have been great since arriving in Dallas. I think he had his first drop with the Cowboys during the end of the game Sunday when he ran a timing route(Button hook) and it surprised him the corner didn't turn. The ball hit him directly in the chest. Honestly first "bad" play I've seen from him since arriving and I'm not even sure I would call it that
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flschbrger » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm Sometimes people need a change of scenery. Unfortunate, but just the reality.
It's true. In any profession. At least in the interm when you get a new job all you want to do is work hard and impress your new employer
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm Speaking of Raiders (or Cowboys) Fans - hopefully you'll all go vote for the Raiders (or Cowboys) in the Polls I created to determine what NFL Teams the DLF Forums members support and percentage of each fan base makes up the Forum. Polls are in the NFL Discussion Forum.

viewforum.php?f=81
Done
Thank you good sir - may the rest of your playoffs be filled with good karma. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Flschbrger wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 pm
0LDMAN wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm Sometimes people need a change of scenery. Unfortunate, but just the reality.
It's true. In any profession. At least in the interm when you get a new job all you want to do is work hard and impress your new employer
I am happy for Amari. Full disclosure, I am a Raider fan, and have his everywhere in my FF world, but it's good to see him do this. Ever the humble person, he said he wanted to prove the Cowboys right, not prove the Raiders wrong. Coop is going to have his down games, but if they continue to feature him, he will continue to have these big games from time to time, he has that type of skillset.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:38 pm I think Coop will have an easier time in the NFC East compared to the D's in the AFC West.
San Diego has the only intimidating outside cornerbacks in the AFC West. Denver isn't what it once was, and the Chiefs are cake.

NFC East has Janoris Jenkins/Eli Apple, Ronald Darby, and Josh Norman for Cooper to deal with six times a year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLX0YxXB1rI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0I-p2xK3hg

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 pm

Lol. Im in the playoffs in all my leagues (3 redraft, 1 dynasty). But sadly I fear I will get bounced in all of them. Got some crazy tough opponents.