The extremely talented and always underrated Amari Cooper Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Cooper to the Cowboys

Postby Tvols » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Dak reminds me of a younger Smith can win a few games but not the one that counts.. he just isn’t very good qb and I don’t think cooper changes that
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:32 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:57 pm Amari is among the top WRs in the NFL in target separation and is known for his exquisite route running. Dak not only has a better arm than Carr, he can also keep plays alive longer. I think the pairing is actually pretty good outside of going to one of the top passing offenses. Interested to see how well a connection they develop.
In college he was known for that. The past two years, not so much. He's struggling to beat press. If Cooper can get back to that level, then this deal will be great for Dallas, but there's not a whole lot suggesting he can lately. Oakland has the better QB, got rid of Crabtree, made Cooper the guy and he was still mediocre.

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:42 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:32 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:57 pm Amari is among the top WRs in the NFL in target separation and is known for his exquisite route running. Dak not only has a better arm than Carr, he can also keep plays alive longer. I think the pairing is actually pretty good outside of going to one of the top passing offenses. Interested to see how well a connection they develop.
In college he was known for that. The past two years, not so much. He's struggling to beat press. If Cooper can get back to that level, then this deal will be great for Dallas, but there's not a whole lot suggesting he can lately. Oakland has the better QB, got rid of Crabtree, made Cooper the guy and he was still mediocre.
You can't be "the guy" if you aren't thrown the ball. If you look at his stats when he was targeted multiple times,he did produce.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:22 am

I was just offered Cooper for Guice and Rivers in a 16 team ppr league. I pretty much instantly rejected it, I see this as a downgrade for Amari, at best a lateral move.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:24 am

Carr > Dak. Dez > Cooper. This essentially was an over priced lateral move by the Cowboys. Poor decision after poor decision. Putting their eggs in Dak's basket and being too prideful to see their error will ultimately set this entire franchise back. To be honest, I love it.
Way to go Jerry. Keep it up! :clap: :crazy:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:11 am

And the Cowboys wouldn't pay a second + for ET... Smh.... Mind boggling.. they just don't care about their defense at all... Still think they should have taken Jalen Ramsey over Zeke.. this is absolutely a bad move for Cooper, if Carr can't get him the ball how will Dak make those throws? Daks whole game is basically making the right safe easy play and let Zeke win. Game manager level talent tbh
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:46 am

You could make the case that, yes, 1st Round WR have been pretty atrocious ever since the 2014 class.

Yes, Cooper did have 2 1,000 yard seasons + 2 Pro Bowls

Yes, Amari is still 24

But what's concerning his how badly he's regressed over the last two seasons. He effectively had half of his production in 2 out of 14 games last season and 2018 was probably on a similar trajectory.

And you factor in the rumors of Amari being "jaded" with playing football and his desire being questioned.....

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:03 am

Raymond1974 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:42 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:32 pm
You can't be "the guy" if you aren't thrown the ball. If you look at his stats when he was targeted multiple times,he did produce.
I was making this same argument last season, but if you look at his tape and his numbers vs press, you understand why he's not getting the ball. He's not getting open and he's not as explosive off the line and out his break.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:24 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:24 am Carr > Dak. Dez > Cooper. This essentially was an over priced lateral move by the Cowboys. Poor decision after poor decision. Putting their eggs in Dak's basket and being too prideful to see their error will ultimately set this entire franchise back. To be honest, I love it.
Way to go Jerry. Keep it up! :clap: :crazy:
This is spot on in every way.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:05 am

I own Cooper so i may be biased, but i think its a better situation. Raiders o-line is terrible causing Carr to check down all the time and not letting plays develop downfield. Cowboys have a much better line giving Cooper more time. Carr may be a better QB when fully healthy with good o-line, but right now I would say its a toss up. Carr has very little ability to be mobile and keep plays alive in the pocket. Dak’s very good in this area and that will open up some more opportunities for some bigs plays. Then theres the run game too. With defenses focusing on zeke and keying in on stopping the run, Cooper should get some more 1-1 matchups outside that I think he’s good enough to win.

We will see tho
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:14 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:05 am I own Cooper so i may be biased, but i think its a better situation. Raiders o-line is terrible causing Carr to check down all the time and not letting plays develop downfield. Cowboys have a much better line giving Cooper more time. Carr may be a better QB when fully healthy with good o-line, but right now I would say its a toss up. Carr has very little ability to be mobile and keep plays alive in the pocket. Dak’s very good in this area and that will open up some more opportunities for some bigs plays. Then theres the run game too. With defenses focusing on zeke and keying in on stopping the run, Cooper should get some more 1-1 matchups outside that I think he’s good enough to win.

We will see tho
All that just for Dak to miss Cooper by a couple feet because he was more than 10 yards down field!

I kid... Or do I?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:02 am

I can not wait to watch this unravel. I guess we never really know how players chemistry will effect their game. But... in all honesty at a football level, in my opinion - Dak just isn't a very good qb. Cooper isn't the answer and to be honest, they may bring each other down. Anyway, ever since the Cowboys, Vikings trade - the Hershel Walker deal, and then subsequently multiple SB wins and Lombardi trophies to their trophy case, I've disliked that franchise.

Jerry is too involved, too opinionated, too rich, and, too proud. That is a dangerous and volatile combination.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 am

Only way this is an improvement for Cooper is because the Cowboys kept giving snaps at targets for an ineffective Dez. Even if Cooper doesn't regain his rookie year form, be can still be productive on volume.

With Cooper showing he can be more effective in the slot, curious if he starts eating into Beasley's slot work.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:52 am

Well, Eli Apple out of the division, one less corner to worry about. WR1, now. LOL
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

Cooper is soft. He was at Bama and he was in Oakland. Making matters worse is he's due for an extension soon.