yeldon 2019 thoughts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

yeldon 2019 thoughts?

Postby playa_hata » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:15 am

I own fournette and yeldon and I'm wondering what everyone thinks might happen with him. Is there any chance he stays in Jacksonville like the browns did with duke johnson? or do you think they are for sure going to move on and if they do does he have a chance to land a starting gig somewhere based off his production so far this season? I know people have talked of him as being next years jerrick mckinnon so im just wondering if i should hold on to him if im middle of the pack or try to flip him and fournette to compete... but if i can hold off and end up with two starting rbs this time next year it might be worth the wait. what do you guys think of Yeldon and his future?
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: yeldon 2019 thoughts?

Postby ericanadian » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:05 am

He could be Jerrick McKinnon in that his best hope of success is landing in an outside zone scheme. Unfortunately, there aren’t many of those left in the NFL so he’s unlikely to be more than a passing down back with some upside similar to Gio Bernard.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:21 am

He probably won’t be this years jerrick McKinnon if only because I don’t see him having a shot at being the best back in this class. Coleman and bell should have him beat in that regard. To me he seems like a committee back or a 3rd down/COP guy

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:47 am

Ingram also hits free agency next year although I think the saints would be wise to sign him to a 3 year deal. Yeldon will never be a lead back but will be a great PPR COP back for many years. WR3 ceiling.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:52 am

I have never liked Yeldon. Everything about him is just 'ok'. Always seemed like a career backup to me and that just doesnt cut it in dynasty. He will never have a lead role anywhere except for injury and even then we see he cant stay healthy and now they've traded for Hyde, yikes. I wouldnt be optimistic at all for his 2019 campaign

The comparison to McKinnon is close to me but McKinnon is a better runner, although still pretty ineffective. Even if McKinnon stayed healthy I didn't see him as top 15 like most did

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:39 am

I like his chances to catch on in a similar role and possibly get an upgrade in the right situation. He's talented and good RB depth. I prefer him to a late 2nd.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:57 am

I'm looking at the Colts. Yeldon is better than all of their backs and they have a lot of cap space. Le'Veon Bell is also an option for them, but I think the Colts will be in the market for an RB in some way so that they can stop throwing 50+ times with Luck.