home team advantage

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
The Juggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

home team advantage

Postby The Juggernaut » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:31 pm

What, if any advantage does the home team get in a regular season (or playoff) game in your league?
Last edited by The Juggernaut on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custom scoring PPR ***FULL REBUILD…11 Starters
1-2 QBs Rodgers, Hurts, Cunningham
2-5 RBs Abanikanda, Dobbins, Akers, Tucker, Strong,
3-6 WRs D.Smith, Juju, DJ Moore, Pierce, Mims, Wilson, Marshall
1-2 TEs Goedert, Johnson, McBride
1-D Washington

Devy Henderson, Egbuka, J.Dickey, Judkins, R.Owens, B. Robinson

Droseisabeast
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: home team advantage

Postby Droseisabeast » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Well i cant speak for other stadiums but Soldier Field in Chicago has the WORST "grass" surface in all the league. It gives Da Bears defense a huge advantage as opposing recievers often slip and fall when trying to run thier routes and due to the defensive scheme the Bears play(cover 2/gap control) leads to a ton of turnovers....

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:05 pm

The Juggernaut wrote:What, if any advantage does the home team get in a regular season (or playoff) game in your league?
Assuming you're referring to a fantasy league, I would say none...a long time ago it came up for conversation, but we decided not to put any weight in the "home/away" designations and have it be a fair, straight-up game each time.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:26 am

I have league with offensive flex position and a defensive flex position that are not normal flex spots. The home team has the option of naming a position that must be played in the offensive flex for that weeks matchup by Wed. The defensive team has the option of naming the position that must be played in the defensive flex within the same time period. If nothing is specified by a team by the required time on Wed, then that flex becomes a normal flex starting spot for the other team. If a flex spot is specified and you fail to start the proper postion, you lose any points gained from the improper player and your first round pick drops 1 spot. Since there are always more IDP options then offensive options, I see this as a home field advantage. The schedule is set up so that you don't play anyone in your division during NFL bye weeks. It's a pretty competative $ dynasty league with full IDP and everyone in it is a seasoned FF vet. This rule is a nice change of pace for us from our "normal" leagues.

This allows teams to play their strengths against the other teams roster. Bye weeks, lack of depth, and injuries are very impactful. This forces some roster turn over since you can name a position that the other team might not have available and force them to drop someone to cover the flex spot.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:10 am

I don't care for a home team advantage in the regular season as I don't see any team deserving of it. One of my leagues use this method in the playoffs as the higher seeds that also have more total points than the lower seeds with lower total points have a small advantage that they earned.

We use the following formula:

Higher seeds total points minus the lower seeds total points divided by the number of regular season weeks.

For example:

Team A - 2000 total points, Team B - 1900 total points = 100/13 (number of regular season games)

Team A would have a 7.69 point advantage in that game against Team B.

If the lower seed has more total points than the higher seed then no advantage is given. There is also a 30 point advantage cap (this is a high scoring league).

We use this method in the first two rounds of the playoffs but not in the fantasy bowl.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:12 am

We don't use a home team advantage. I could understand using it in divisional games if you prefer, but not out-of division games as you only play a team once and no team should get the benefit/penalty for getting the home game.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Nazgul
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Nazgul » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 pm

I never liked any sort of arbitrary home field advantage. I did want to incorporate a formations selection for the home teams in the playoffs (not the superbowl) to give some sort of advantage for having a better regular season.. I thought that would add an element of strategy and interest.. but alas.. the other owners never took to the idea...
10 Team PPR/IDP/Return Yds & TDs
1-QB, 1-RB, 1-RB/WR, 2-WR, 1-WR/TE, 1-TE, 1-PK, 2-DL, 3-LB, 3-DB
QB - Sanchez, Kolb, Tebow, Dalton
RB - Moreno, D. Will, Hillis, R. Bush, Hardesty, Leshoure, Vereen, D. Murray, J. Rodgers, McKnight
WR - Marshall, Harvin, M. Williams (TB), Britt, Ocho, B. Edwards, J. Ford, T. Smith, Meachem, D. Alexander
TE - Davis, J. Graham,
DL - J. Allen, J. Jones, Ayers
LB - Posluszny, Lofton, Lenon, Harris, Hali, Phillips
DB - Chung, Weddle, Rhodes, Ward,