WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Chad Kelly

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:29 am

Thanks for sharing! :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:30 am

He won’t be Mahomes but the upside is for there. I know I love my QB accurate
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:25 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:19 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:18 am That's like applauding Conner for starting over Bell.

Paxton is trash and we all already knew that. Chill, you act like hes on Mahomes level when he hasn't even started a game. I cant wait for him to flop now
HATER alert!
Where do you rank Kelly amongst QB that aren't named Keenum and Paxton?
Where did you have Mahomes ranked LAST YEAR oh wise one ? The idea is to watch them play when they have the opportunity and assess how those skills will translate. Going off whether they have actually ever completed a pass in an official is lame..

Wish you were the KC GM and I could use your logic to have acquired Mahomes mid season last year for say ...the NYG .

Now for my evaluation of Kelly...he has an above average arm in velocity (to fit into tight windows), distance (to force DBs to stay deep and not help in the run support plus provides more space in windows on shorter slants and hookup patterns). Much better than Keenum but hasn't shown the accuracy while scrambling that Keenum mostly possesses but has seemingly lost his confidence after throwing multiple int's early in the year.

Kelly while not Mahomes arm strength ,but then neither is anyone else can be a vast improvement over Keenum. Many points have been left on the field by Case this year by either air mailing out of bounds throws or under shooting the WR ( Sutton in particular) allowing play to be broken up or held to lesser gain than if he ever got it out in front of them. Swag has the cockiness to believe what he sees and anticipation to lead them with his throws. Keenum seems to want to see them open first. Similar to Dak. Chad throws with good anticipation,like a Mahomes . They trust their instincts and arm to get it there. Sometimes they will throw an ugly pick or lead their receiver into danger because of this..

Where Kelly ranks overall is immaterial as he just needs to be the best bet in Denver. But if forced to rank him amongst the 32 starters in the NFL I'd have CK ahead of a few . Or at least on a par. I think he's a better passer than DeShaun Watson. Can't escape from pressure or extend plays to make sportscenter but long term Watson is going to have to learn not to either. List the top QB's in the game, most don't base their game off of their legs. But Kelly is a good enough athlete, he isn't really super mobile in the pocket. Needs to get better@ pocket presence.

The big unknown, as with any young QB is whether they can read the defense & have the study habits to make the right calls pre-snap. That we can't tell until they have had enough time on the field.

In summation, Kelly offers a starter skill set. Better than Keenum. Better than most of the rookies from the past two years. I'd put only a handful ahead of him from the last 3-4 years. The Broncos offense will come alive if Kelly gets to have a run over the last half of the season. Of course Case could play well enough to keep his job and we will never know. Personally would rather gamble for bigger rewards that Kelly could provide.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:35 am

Looks like I made a new friend. I was simply asking a question. No need to get all worked up... I like your analysis on Kelly because that's what I came here for. I'm glad you are high on Kelly. I have no clue about him and am interested.

I was high on Mahomes last year as well. High enough to draft and hold him in a shallow league and trade away Brees this past offseason. Coming out of the rookie draft last year I would've rather had Mahomes than Keenum and Paxton as well. Hot take, isnt it? See my point yet?

I wasnt ranking Mahomes last season compared to Wentz because that would've been pointless. (Like Kelly to Mahomes now) But I was in the same boat you were saying man this guy has to he better than Alex Smith... I'm glad to see people high on Kelly. He has a wonderful opportunity with that offense and young talent all around. I really think the Broncos should be a playoff team on paper. Maybe Kelly can take them there.

As far as ranks go, of course youd rather hold his potential than Keenum. Keenum is a career backup. Just going to take a long time for him to be on Watsons level even

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:36 am

ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 am Plenty of people were immature in College and made mistakes. Baker Mayfields college career is not clean either - did not stop him from being drafted 1.01 either. If you are unsure of Chad Kelly talk to people who follow the Broncos organization closely and pretty much all of them will tell you Chad Kelly has been working very hard and there have been no signs of being a cancer in the locker room. There have been zero reports of off-field incidents since being drafted.

That arrest was back in 2014 (Kelly was 20) - so 4 years ago - and was outside of a nightclub. It is going to have no effect on his NFL career so long as it remains an isolated incident.
I like this take. He was drafted late more because of injuries than off the field stuff.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 am

cazzie33 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am
TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:19 am
HATER alert!
Where did you have Mahomes ranked LAST YEAR oh wise one ? The idea is to watch them play when they have the opportunity and assess how those skills will translate. Going off whether they have actually ever completed a pass in an official is lame..

Wish you were the KC GM and I could use your logic to have acquired Mahomes mid season last year for say ...the NYG .

Now for my evaluation of Kelly...he has an above average arm in velocity (to fit into tight windows), distance (to force DBs to stay deep and not help in the run support plus provides more space in windows on shorter slants and hookup patterns). Much better than Keenum but hasn't shown the accuracy while scrambling that Keenum mostly possesses but has seemingly lost his confidence after throwing multiple int's early in the year.

Kelly while not Mahomes arm strength ,but then neither is anyone else can be a vast improvement over Keenum. Many points have been left on the field by Case this year by either air mailing out of bounds throws or under shooting the WR ( Sutton in particular) allowing play to be broken up or held to lesser gain than if he ever got it out in front of them. Swag has the cockiness to believe what he sees and anticipation to lead them with his throws. Keenum seems to want to see them open first. Similar to Dak. Chad throws with good anticipation,like a Mahomes . They trust their instincts and arm to get it there. Sometimes they will throw an ugly pick or lead their receiver into danger because of this..

Where Kelly ranks overall is immaterial as he just needs to be the best bet in Denver. But if forced to rank him amongst the 32 starters in the NFL I'd have CK ahead of a few . Or at least on a par. I think he's a better passer than DeShaun Watson. Can't escape from pressure or extend plays to make sportscenter but long term Watson is going to have to learn not to either. List the top QB's in the game, most don't base their game off of their legs. But Kelly is a good enough athlete, he isn't really super mobile in the pocket. Needs to get better@ pocket presence.

The big unknown, as with any young QB is whether they can read the defense & have the study habits to make the right calls pre-snap. That we can't tell until they have had enough time on the field.

In summation, Kelly offers a starter skill set. Better than Keenum. Better than most of the rookies from the past two years. I'd put only a handful ahead of him from the last 3-4 years. The Broncos offense will come alive if Kelly gets to have a run over the last half of the season. Of course Case could play well enough to keep his job and we will never know. Personally would rather gamble for bigger rewards that Kelly could provide.
Are you a Broncos fan? This just seems filled with Broncos hopes and dreams more than an unbiased view from the top.

Last 3-4 years QBs that matter. Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Baker, Darnold, Allen, Rosen. That's 11 guys right there and you think Swag Kelly is better than half of those guys?

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:17 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:35 am
cazzie33 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am

Are you a Broncos fan? This just seems filled with Broncos hopes and dreams more than an unbiased view from the top.

Last 3-4 years QBs that matter. Winston, Mariota, Goff, Wentz, Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Baker, Darnold, Allen, Rosen. That's 11 guys right there and you think Swag Kelly is better than half of those guys?
you can make a slight argument that hea better than Rosen, and Allen!!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Nice maneuver of changing the parameters of what I said. Conveniently you left out all the QB's that were drafted higher than Kelly. I said " Better than most of the rookies from the past two years. I'd put only a handful ahead of him from the last 3-4 years. "

So you change it to the ones you want to count as significant and now he has to be better than half of them. Not anywhere near what I said. What about Paxton ,Peterman, Rudolph, Lauletta, D. Webb, Kizer , Kessler, Brissett, Bridgewater etc...

Now I only mention them all because you intimidated that as a 7th rd pick he has next to zero chance . And not to bring up Brady as an example because he was an outlier. Well many QB's that were drafted using much more draft capital aren't even close to Kelly's skills. You also left out Warner as another example of the experts dropping the ball.

But let's play your game. Out of your list the only ones I'd have absolutely ahead of Kelly are Wentz, Mahomes and probably Baker. The rest are a toss up.Kelly was toxic because of off field issues (maturity and injury)but if you watch his film @ Ole Miss especially vs the best competition you would've had to give him a top 3 rd grade. Stood out vs Alabama beating them both years.

Winston had a national championship & playoff berth saving him from his off field issues. Plus he has reportedly high football IQ. Kelly has dealt with learning disabilities but they wouldn't be held against him if his team had won a national title. Not predicting immediate all pro results but he will make the throws that a solid starting nfl QB needs to be able to make with adequate accuracy. Something that Keenum currently isn't.

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:24 am

In today’s pregame for the across the pond game, it was reported that Elway wants to see what Chad Kelly has before the draft. So we shall see soon.

Also they are shopping Sanders and Vance is gone.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:32 am

Tennisbuck wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:24 am In today’s pregame for the across the pond game, it was reported that Elway wants to see what Chad Kelly has before the draft. So we shall see soon.

Also they are shopping Sanders and Vance is gone.
"Given the uphill climb facing this team, and Keenum's age (30) and limited prior success as a permanent starter (save for an outstanding run with the Vikings in 2017), sources continue to indicate the Broncos intend to look at young quarterback Chad Kelly at some point in the second half of the season, needing to assess that position prior to the 2019 draft, and it's difficult to see the team holding on to all of these veteran players given the tenor of their season."
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bron ... ild-looms/
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:06 am

With teams so desperate at QB they're signing street FAs then starting them a week later (Derek Anderson), I wonder what Keenum and his very reasonable salary would fetch trade wise.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:26 am

cazzie33 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:50 pm I said " Better than most of the rookies from the past two years. I'd put only a handful ahead of him from the last 3-4 years. "

So you change it to the ones you want to count as significant and now he has to be better than half of them.
Your quote. That you would only put a handful of rookies the last 3-4 years ahead of Chad Kelly. So I listed guys that are already playing in the league, to varying levels of success, to see the "handful" you think he is ahead of. Not sure how "changing the parameters" is asking you to clarify the stance you took. But that's what most people do when they say something outlandish and get called on it.

Brady and Warner are 2 outliers the last 20 years. You think Chad Kelly will be the 3rd? If you do, please name your terms and I'll gladly accept that wager.

And to not put Goff ahead of Chad Kelly...You know, the QB of one of the best offenses over the last year and a half, is ridiculous. I strongly disagree with that take. You've basically got Chad Kelly as QB 20 (at the lowest) or so in dynasty right now. It looks like you're either a Broncos fan or Chad Kelly fan in general, which is fine, but goodness.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:42 am

And he was arrested early this morning. Anybody who has followed his career would know, this is the reason why he probably never plays or amounts to anything. Dude is a basket case off the field and has a very large history of off the field problems.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:04 am

Found a video of the incident

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15