Chad Kelly

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Chad Kelly

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:22 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:22 am Plenty of people were immature in College and made mistakes. Baker Mayfields college career is not clean either - did not stop him from being drafted 1.01 either. If you are unsure of Chad Kelly talk to people who follow the Broncos organization closely and pretty much all of them will tell you Chad Kelly has been working very hard and there have been no signs of being a cancer in the locker room. There have been zero reports of off-field incidents since being drafted.

That arrest was back in 2014 (Kelly was 20) - so 4 years ago - and was outside of a nightclub. It is going to have no effect on his NFL career so long as it remains an isolated incident.
Came back from vacation to find a lot has changed in a week lol - but that can be the norm in the new NFL.

Anyways my thoughts are such

1 - Like I said above - so long as his past behaviour had been isolated it would have no effect. As it unfortunately turns out - it was not the case.

2 - The risk with Kelly is/was always going to be off-field related. This had nothing to do with talent, or situation or physical health. As such Kelly owners can easily ignore the "I told you sos" as it is always easy to be correct after the fact. ;)

3 - Chances are quite high he'll never see an NFL Roster again - but I wont go to 100% like many would. I do think though Manziels odds are now better than Kellys. We have seen before people can get second chances and rise from the ashes - it is just very unlikely for most.

4 - It is often the case that people have to learn from their mistakes rather than other peoples mistakes. Kelly could not learn from Manziel or other past examples - as I'll mention below. It is disappointing he did not learn from his past misadventures but c'est la vie.

5 - It is very easy to say that "if I had been Chad Kelly I would not have put myself in this situation" but there is a reason why they say "walk a mile in another mans shoes" and "people in glass houses should not throw stones". Any person who believes that they would have 100% avoided what happened is

(a) likely forgetting their own life lessons

How many times have we said to ourselves I can handle 1 more beer / 1 more drink

(b) never actually been in a situation where they 100 believed their talent & skills could get themselves out of any sort of trouble

What people see is that sometimes talent CAN overcome or overlook past misdeeds / troubles / struggles. We always ignore the 99% of the time it ends in failure and focus on the 1% that it succeeds. This is engrained in our culture and we can look no further than the volume of underdog stories in the movies from Rudy to Invincible to Eddie the Eagle.

In order to succeed one of the key ingredients is ALWAYS going to be belief in yourself & your talents / skills. It can be very tricky to know when to draw the line and your belief in yourself becomes an entitlement rather than earned. Why else do so many talented people in so many fields end up crashing and burning?

Basically if anyone feels that they would have avoided the Chad Kelly pitfall is more like Chad Kelly that they wish to admit - because Chad Kelly obviously felt he could avoid the pitfalls of previous players - and he did not. I doubt many on this forum could have either.

In the end since it is a fantasy forum and since this is fantasy related - apart from SF Leagues with deeper rosters, I'll be divesting myself of Kelly shares when I see the right moves. No sense in cutting a Kelly for a Tom Savage or a Marc Sanchez ...

And as always - you cannot hit on a long-shot if you do not take the chance. You do not win the lottery by playing it safe. Just accept our losses and move on. The benefit is usually that the cost to play was so minimal that you can afford to take these chances time after time - whereas a 1st round pick that busts or a player that you bought at a premium ...

So any lesson to be learned is that to remain unattached and move on when it is time.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 am

Did just that already myself. And I was as big if not thee biggest Chad Kelly supporter as a player. Off the field mental issues cannot be ignored but when you can get a talent at basically at no risky capital invested you go for it and hope those problems are in the past. Fact is, those problems are always there . Whether it is an alcohol / drug dependency or depression / bipolar issue we that don't suffer from issue give the simplistic answer " Why do you allow yourself to get in those positions ? " Especially with so much to gain / lose sitting right in front of you.

Truth is their brains are wired differently. Anxiety and stress are monsters that overwhelm those who suffer from these disorders. I won't begin to say I understand why Kelly did what he did that night. Hell, he probably doesn't either. But he's young enough and if he wants to still pursue football as a career he can rehabilitate his reputation within the game but doubtful he is ever given the opportunity to be the franchise qb so I cut bait with him as a fantasy asset. Personally I will be rooting for him as a person to get his life in order to pursue his dream. All the effort, hard work and dedication to the game he had shown to get on the verge of getting a chance to be an NFL starting QB I'd hate to see it wasted without getting another chance as he didn't hurt anyone although he scared a mother & child. Might not be in the NFL but there are other opportunities to continue playing the game he is good at. That is secondary to getting his life in order .

Will always believe he could be an NFL starter and had a chance to grow into it @ Denver with young offense skill players in Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, Hamilton maybe even Butt. Shame it ended without deciding it on the field.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:15 am

He has now been officially kicked off of a football team in HS, college, and the pros.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:15 am He has now been officially kicked off of a football team in HS, college, and the pros.
Just goes to show that it is always possible to set / break new records. :lol:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Wait until he becomes the first one to COMEBACK and start after getting a boot up his arse every time

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:22 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:15 am He has now been officially kicked off of a football team in HS, college, and the pros.
Just goes to show that it is always possible to set / break new records. :lol:
He could further his new record by being kicked off of a Canadian Football League team.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Kelly and Manziel are going to be studs in the XFL.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Anyone wanna join my startup CFL / XFL blend? Its a 19 team 3.5 copy players

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 pm I don't have a gun in my house. However, I do have a vicious, vicious goldendoodle and a machete. If an intruder ever came into my house (at night), he wouldn't walk out. Luckily, I live in Hawaii, where the chances of a home invasion are about as high as a luau in Alaska.

:lol:
What if they exercised their duty to retreat though?

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am

https://www.9news.com/video/news/local/ ... wsource=cl

Video of the incident, not that anyone cares but might bring some reprieve from the draft prep for some. Looks like his footwork is on point too.

"Mike Klis

@MikeKlis
Rest of story to Chad Kelly taking plea: If he went to trial on felony trespass, he would miss season before it was finished. Plea to misdemeanor immediately frees him football-wise (although NFL discipline expected). Kelly confident he will hook up with team. #9sports"
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 am

cazzie33 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:05 pm Wait until he becomes the first one to COMEBACK and start after getting a boot up his arse every time
Is he going to start over Luck?

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 am
cazzie33 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:05 pm Wait until he becomes the first one to COMEBACK and start after getting a boot up his arse every time
Yes, I'm selling Luck NOW

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 am

Servo wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 am
Yes, I'm selling Luck NOW
Any chance Brissett is the backup in preseason or do they cut him too?

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:12 pm

Y'all don't give Chad credit for putting in the work to succeed . Even @ a party he stepped away to get in a little extra film work / video time . Just ended up on the wrong couch. Look for Chad to pull a Warner to Luck's Trent Green. Prince Andrew goes down with another ailment and Swag takes the Colts to the promised land { or to crash a frat party } given a second (third,fourth,... ) chance lewdest C.K. won't get caught with his d*** in his hand . This time he will seize the opportunity @ hand (so to speak)