Damion Ratley

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Damion Ratley

Postby TheRookiePro » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Not much about him on the forums. I Thought I'd mention him after just adding him off waivers.

Kid has a ton of potential. With Higgins out he took full advantage of his first start. 6 receptions for 82 yards. He was targeted 8x and I expect 6+ this Sunday @TB. He has familiarity with Baker from training camp when they both took reps with the 2nd team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhlxRYjcuA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLxmEz7Wbyw

He comes from Texas A&M, a school that has done a great job of late producing NFL WR (Mike Evans, Josh Reynolds, and Christian Kirk). His impressive pro-day turned scouts heads:

"During Tuesday's event, Ratley recorded a vertical jump of 38 inches. He completed the three-cone speed drill in 6.94 seconds. He also broad jumped 10 feet, 4 inches. Perfect stats
for a guy who was a sleeper competing in front of multiple NFL scouts.

What may have earned him improve his draft status, however, was his 40-yard dash. Ratley, at 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds, ran the 40 in 4.45 seconds."
https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/ ... 116768574/
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Damion Ratley

Postby Bot101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:09 pm

I grabbed him too. He seems to be a little hungrier than Callaway right now.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Grabbed him for free a few places. Seems worth a flyer. Above average athlete.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:22 am

I grabbed him too. Other than Landry, I think there is opportunity there for someone to take the #2 spot. I know Callaway is all the rage right now, but he seems to be struggling.

That's why it's great to have deep rosters, so you can take fliers on guys like this.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:49 am

Good looking out. Seems like a pretty good prospect.

I dont pay attention to weight much at all (unless its Eddie Lacy) but 190 is pretty light for 6'2 no? I mean maybe this was just his combine weight for athleticism. Or maybe that's a normal weight and I'm just way off haha

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:05 am

jtsmalls wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:22 am I grabbed him too. Other than Landry, I think there is opportunity there for someone to take the #2 spot. I know Callaway is all the rage right now, but he seems to be struggling.

That's why it's great to have deep rosters, so you can take fliers on guys like this.
^This
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

nyterp
Starter
Starter

Postby nyterp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:16 am

Just picked him up for free in my deep league because my WR situation is hot garbage this weekend. Was nice to log in and see his name on a thread and see some other people picking him up as well.
rosterwars.forumotion.com - IDP/Contract league discussion board. Come check us out!

IDP/Contract - Charm City Justice

Superflex - Chernobyl Toxins

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:02 am

Free is good, but odds are high he disappears into oblivion again or at no point is fantasy relevant. Give it a few weeks and then be ready to churn the roster spot again, depending what he does while the opportunity is available.

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:04 am

My league is too fast to act always. I was late to the party and unable to grab him. Hope he is a bust now!!
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 am

Thanks for the heads up on Ratley. I have a bottom dweller team with plenty of churnable space.

I love taking these long shots.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 am

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:02 am Free is good, but odds are high he disappears into oblivion again or at no point is fantasy relevant. Give it a few weeks and then be ready to churn the roster spot again, depending what he does while the opportunity is available.
Yeah, the odds were high on that happening with Tyreek, Brate, Doyle, etc. You grab fliers like this because every once in a while they become fantasy relevant and sometimes event hit big and can change a team. Is Ratley that guy, who knows, but by having a dismissive outlook on moves like this you miss out on a lot of value.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 am

thebeast wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 am Yeah, the odds were high on that happening with Tyreek, Brate, Doyle, etc. You grab fliers like this because every once in a while they become fantasy relevant and sometimes event hit big and can change a team. Is Ratley that guy, who knows, but by having a dismissive outlook on moves like this you miss out on a lot of value.
I didn't say not to grab him though. My point was keeping the players outlook in perspective. Although likely obvious, some people like to think that they suddenly they are on to something, while in most cases if they can snag at free and sell for anything, they likely will come out ahead. Odds are he will be a blip. Definitely worth the basically free investment, but big picture, he likely amounts to nothing. We have a few weeks to see what he is with legit opportunity. This is likely a defining period for him, regardless if it is fair to put that on a rookie or not. Such is the case for low draft capital prospects.

I too attempted to get him in my leagues, though only successful in one, so i agree with your take on it being worthwhile to take the shot.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:00 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 am
thebeast wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 am Yeah, the odds were high on that happening with Tyreek, Brate, Doyle, etc. You grab fliers like this because every once in a while they become fantasy relevant and sometimes event hit big and can change a team. Is Ratley that guy, who knows, but by having a dismissive outlook on moves like this you miss out on a lot of value.
I didn't say not to grab him though. My point was keeping the players outlook in perspective. Although likely obvious, some people like to think that they suddenly they are on to something, while in most cases if they can snag at free and sell for anything, they likely will come out ahead. Odds are he will be a blip. Definitely worth the basically free investment, but big picture, he likely amounts to nothing. We have a few weeks to see what he is with legit opportunity. This is likely a defining period for him, regardless if it is fair to put that on a rookie or not. Such is the case for low draft capital prospects.

I too attempted to get him in my leagues, though only successful in one, so i agree with your take on it being worthwhile to take the shot.
Cool. And the bolded section above is a great point.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:17 pm

took a flyer on him in both of my dynasty leagues. Mayfield is a competent QB and he will need guys to throw to. Callaway has had the case of the dropsies. Landry too, but I think that will get sorted out. Ratley had the time to practice with Mayfield on the 2nd team, so he has the head start relatively. Best case, is he takes Callaways job.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:48 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:02 am Free is good, but odds are high he disappears into oblivion again or at no point is fantasy relevant. Give it a few weeks and then be ready to churn the roster spot again, depending what he does while the opportunity is available.
Agreed, but given his chemistry with Mayfield, I like Ratley with CLE playing @TB, @PIT, vs KC, vs ATL the next four weeks. These should be high-scoring games, and Ratley could have some nice PPR production in these potential shootouts. Best case scenario, he wins the CLE no. 2 WR job and becomes a viable WR3/flex going forward. Worst case scenario, he flashes some potential in garbage time, and you sell high for a 2019 2nd or 3rd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd