Who do you prefer, Goff or Watson?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: Who do you prefer, Goff or Watson?

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:01 am

Goff, due to a skill set and situation that is conducive to long term sustainability as a QB1.

Watson is great. But Goff is so safe.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:05 am

Goff will be on pace to finish his 2nd QB1 campaign, I think it's probably safe to say that Watson can easily be a top 12 QB for the foreseeable future as well. So it's kind of a toss up IMO.

It is concerning how often he is getting hit, and how bad that OL is. I remember watching the Cowboys/Texans game and he was getting obliterated every time he ran.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 am

jimmychoi wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:55 pm Thanks guys. I have an opportunity to potentially acquire Goff for Watson and a little extra. Solid move?
I would say yes, and jump all over that trade.

Agreeing with most of what has been said here about both Goff and Watson, I'd like to add a couple of points. Ten years from now we may look back and see the Goff/McVay pairing could end up being similar to the Brady/Belicheck or Brees/Payton combinations. The potential is there for that type of steady offensive output from the Rams. At the very least, I would expect this pair to be producing top 10 offensive numbers for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't say that about Watson and the Texans.

Also, Watson has that gunslinger mentality (which is good). But he doesn't have the arm to execute it well, and instead throws the ball up on a wing and a prayer. This paid off in a huge way with his limited play last year. This year has been different, though. Some young QBs have developed significantly better arm strength early in their NFL careers and Watson may as well.

kfulen1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby kfulen1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:41 am

Like almost everyone has said, they are probably fairly similar in their Points/Game, but Goff carries much less risk which is crucial in a 16 team league.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:56 am

Surprised to see everyone has already deflated on Watson. That production was 100% unsustainable. I'd go Goff.