Ito Smith?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Judge Ito Smith... future lead back?

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:29 pm

I like him but maybe he's Gilleselle? Nice slasher with good power but I don't see any real consistency.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Just gonna throw it out there that while Brian Hill is a longshot, he's one injury or a couple more Coleman flops from seeing time, and he's completely free.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 am

I tried very hard to like Ito Smith this offseason.

Of the flaws I personally see, in particular I'll point out his balance and burst. Watch how often he has to gather his feet, and watch how labored he looks coming out of a lateral cut or sidestep with his hips low.

He is a courageous interior runner, isn't afraid of contact, and has good hands and ball-skills for pass-catching. And tacklers lose track of him sometimes because of his height, something the midget RBs that are willing runners between the tackles typically benefit from. I think Smith was a reach in the 4th round, but he's not bad -- he can contribute to an NFL offense. I just don't see long-term starter-level talent.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 am

Falcons have given him a bit of a red zone role but he's otherwise done very little. I get being excited about a guy you probably got for free off waivers but like others have said, the guy hasn't been all that impressive with his touches. In fairness though, the Falcons rush attack has been entirely uninspiring this year.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 am

a mediocre player who gets 400 touches is worth a lot more than a good one who gets 100
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:00 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 am a mediocre player who gets 400 touches is worth a lot more than a good one who gets 100
Definitely. But even if Coleman leaves and Devonta's legs explode, Ito Smith still isn't going to get 400 touches next year. Stop-gap RB talent is relatively easy to acquire on short notice.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:56 pm

It appears my hype train is crashing and burning a bit. I'll probably still hold into the off-season, but only because of he could become a quality handcuff if Coleman walks. Change-of-pace RB behind a 27.5 year-old injury-prone Devonta Freeman in a still high-scoring Falcons offense ain't a bad situation to be in... though I'll admit the run blocking has looked very bad recently and that will need to improve first.

Also, don't forget Freeman himself was also a 4th round RB that seemingly disappointed his rookie season...

Freeman 2014 rush/rec (16 GP): 65-248-1 (3.8 ypc), 30-225-1 (37 tgt's, 6.1 ypt), 95 touches/fumble
Ito 2018 rush/rec (16 GP pace) : 92-289-6 (3.2 ypc), 31-193-0 (35 tgt's, 5.5 ypt), 84 touches/fumble

Following Freeman's rookie year in 2015, the Falcons drafted Coleman in the 3rd round (which many saw as a potential death sentence for Freeman), yet despite this the 5'9" 205-lb RB exploded with 338 touches in 15 games (22.5 touches/game). And it's not like his efficiency exploded that year either (3.98 ypc and 5.96 ypt). It wasn't until 2016 that his efficiency numbers really started to show.

Having said all of that... I know a lot of those stats above can be viewed as cherry-picked, and rightfully so. But hey, you could still do worse for a low-cost rookie RB flyer (Gus Edwards, Josh Adams, psshhh, get outta hereeeee).
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:09 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 am a mediocre player who gets 400 touches is worth a lot more than a good one who gets 100
Yes. In redraft.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Hard to blame both Coleman and Smith for struggling, wonder if it has had more to do with Atlanta's OL, playcalling and the fact that they are in shootouts every week with that crap defense of their's...

If you're buying Ito today, you're hopefully able to get him for a lot less than the minutes after Freeman's injury...and just hoping that Freeman or Coleman walk in the offseason.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Freeman isn't going anywhere this offseason. Tevin and Ito's unreliable contributions in his absence probably ensure that the coaching staff is looking forward to having Free back.

Plus his dead-cap hit is 9 mil.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Have some of you been watching the Falcons at all? Their oline is banged up and playing poorly. Smith and Coleman are getting hit behind or at the line repeatedly. Not to mention neither are traditional up the gut backs. The play calling, unsurprisingly, has been atrocious.

Now the flaw I have seen with Smith is lately he goes on first contact. He was breaking tackles early but lately that hasnt been the case. So theres way too early judgements being cast here. Neither Coleman or Smith are bell cows. But both are very solid backs in a committee if deployed properly, which they are not being used like at this time.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:40 am

Tevin Coleman is totally outplaying Ito Smith this year and it's completely fair to wonder if even Coleman is lead back material. I'm not sure Ito has proven without a doubt capable of replacing Coleman as the 1b in the Falcons offense going forward. Falcons are probably just excited to get Freeman back and hoping Ito takes another step next year.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:59 am

In all honesty, if Jerick McKinnon was able to get an opportunity to be a feature back...Coleman easily should, since Coleman is a better player but that's just my opinion.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:04 am

Servo wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:59 am In all honesty, if Jerick McKinnon was able to get an opportunity to be a feature back...Coleman easily should, since Coleman is a better player but that's just my opinion.
Coleman will be one of the top offensive weapons available in free agency this year but I'm not 100% sure he isn't best suited for a limited committee type role. Sort of like a Lamar Miller type of guy. I'm a fan and owner of Coleman so I hope for the best of course.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Not to make this a Coleman thread, but he should likely land somewhere nice for his fantasy value....at least a better situation than it currently is.

Ito owners must be drinking some strong Koolaid if they think that Atlanta is gonna send Freeman on his way and just go ahead with Ito, or that Ito is gonna take that job from Freeman. Ito is okay but he's a high level handcuff at best, owners should be happy if he becomes something similar to Austin Ekeler for the bolts.