Gesicki or Hurst

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ukcody83
Rookie
Rookie

Gesicki or Hurst

Postby Ukcody83 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:20 pm

I’m ok at TE with Kittle and Njoku but I’m rostering Gesicki as well,Hurst has become available on waivers and is pretty tempting.Who would you rather have knowing you don’t need them to start any time soon?
10 team non ppr

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson

RB: Nick Chubb,Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs,Chase Edmonds

WR: Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson,Hollywood Brown,Curtis Samuel,,Courtland Sutton,Christian Kirk,,Diontae Johnson,Antonio Brown

TE: Austin Hooper,Dallas Goedert,Noah Fant,Tyler Higbee,OJ Howard

2020 draft picks 1.2,1.4,1.8

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Gesicki or Hurst

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:33 pm

I'd go for Hurst, smoother athlete to me but most will disagree.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:33 pm I'd go for Hurst, smoother athlete to me but most will disagree.
Piling on. Hurst looks much better to me in limited games.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Just wondering what people have seen from Hurst they like? I'm a Ravens fan and he has done nothing and has 3 other TE that will get targets. Granted, 2 of those shouldn't be getting targets at all.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Boyle and Williams shouldn't be getting targets, they should be going to Andrews.

Andrews being there is worrisome for Hurst but MG hasn't showed anything in 6 games for being an uber-athlete

Ukcody83
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Ukcody83 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:44 pm

That’s what I can’t figure out with Gesicki is for someone that should be a complete mismatch running routes he’s been basically invisible
10 team non ppr

WR: Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson,Hollywood Brown,Curtis Samuel,,Courtland Sutton,Christian Kirk,,Diontae Johnson,Antonio Brown

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Gesicki has the higher upside so that's the guy I would choose between the two in your situation. Is there anyone else you can drop?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:10 pm

If you can afford the time, Gesicki has higher ceiling in my opinion. Hurst likely has higher floor. TE takes time. Prob the most time of any position. It isn't strange at all that Gesicki isn't lighting it up yet.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Gesicki has the athletic upside to be a monster, and his age makes me less nervous than Hurst's, who really needs to start his career fast to pay off as a 1st round pick.

That said, the tape analyst in me prefers Hurst. His hands are extremely reliable, and his workout scores belie his athletic grace in pads and on tape. He moves very well for a 6'5" man. The Gamecocks moved him all over the formation for a reason. Even gave him carries a few times. I do wish he had longer arms, and although he's smooth and quick, and has good play-strength, I would not say he's particularly explosive.

Gesicki can be a freak at the position like Jimmy Graham, if all the cards fall right. But his floor is Joseph Fauria.

Hurst's floor is much better than Gesicki's, I think. It's his ceiling I'm unsure about. I've seen some Dallas Clark comps. That isn't bad at all, of course; I do see the similarities on tape. But statistically, Clark only had one truly great season and two pretty good seasons; while Clark was an ideal move-TE that in his prime would reliably deliver whenever his number was called, he wasn't some athletic marvel that demanded targets every week, like a Kelce/Gronk/Gonzo/etc.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Ukcody83
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Ukcody83 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:30 pm

I appreciate all the responses,since I don’t need the immediate production I’m going to hang on to Gesicki and hope he eventually taps into the huge upside
10 team non ppr

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:28 pm

I think it's hard to project TEs, especially as rookies. If I am not mistaken, Kelce didn't do anything his rookie year. I don't recall Ertz doing much either. Might need to stash a few guys on the bench and hope one emerges. I currently have Jordan Akins, Andrews and might grab Herndon or O'Leary off waivers. Had Eifert but dropped him after 5 years of maddeningly minimal production due to injuries
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:30 pm

I am tremendously worried about the coaching staff surrounding Gesicki.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Blueboy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:30 pm I am tremendously worried about the coaching staff surrounding Gesicki.
Why? They won’t be there much longer.

I drafted Gesicki, quite high ... 1.11 I think, because I saw him as an eventual replacement for Kelce on team. Nothing I have seen so far has disappointed me. I am not expecting him to contribute until year 3.

Next year, either Gase, Tannehill or both will be gone.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:52 pm
Blueboy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:30 pm I am tremendously worried about the coaching staff surrounding Gesicki.
Why? They won’t be there much longer.

I drafted Gesicki, quite high ... 1.11 I think, because I saw him as an eventual replacement for Kelce on team. Nothing I have seen so far has disappointed me. I am not expecting him to contribute until year 3.

Next year, either Gase, Tannehill or both will be gone.
The jump from college to the NFL is a steep one for TEs, and coaching staff can make a huge difference in the success of that acclimation (along with physical skills, and Gesickin checks all those boxes). The culture surrounding the Dolphins is in large part a product of the coaching staff, and Tannehill also isn't a QB I'd want my young unpolished TE attached to. Not to say I'm giving up on Gesicki, but the Miami selection was enough to knock him a couple spots down on my board and ensure I got no shares of him.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:56 am

You spelled Chris Herndon wrong.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2