General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Giants tired of OBJ

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:25 am

Giants owner: OBJ must 'do a little more playing and a little less talking'
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1629816

Best news I've heard all week! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST TRADE OBJ!!!!!!
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Giants tired of OBJ

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 am

The Giants must have thought that the big contract extension would shut him up.

Nope. He is just one of those guys that really never grows up emotionally. I mean for god sake, just about every week there’s at least one clip of Beckham absolutely throwing a tantrum on the sideline. It’s really pretty embarrassing that a grown man would act like this, especially in public.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 am

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 am The Giants must have thought that the big contract extension would shut him up.

Nope. He is just one of those guys that really never grows up emotionally. I mean for god sake, just about every week there’s at least one clip of Beckham absolutely throwing a tantrum on the sideline. It’s really pretty embarrassing that a grown man would act like this, especially in public.
What? Brady does this all the time. God forbid OBJ wants to win. The guys is competitive, which is a good thing. No one on the Giants should be complacent right now and as a fan it’s disappointing that there aren’t more tantrums being thrown when they are losing like this.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 am
slaughterrt wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 am The Giants must have thought that the big contract extension would shut him up.

What? Brady does this all the time. God forbid OBJ wants to win. The guys is competitive, which is a good thing. No one on the Giants should be complacent right now and as a fan it’s disappointing that there aren’t more tantrums being thrown when they are losing like this.
Rivers tantrums ALL THE TIME and it's painted in a light of "he's such a fiery competitor and leader." I agree OBJ is a spaz...but let's not pretend there aren't other guys that flip out as well. He needs to tone it down, in part because anything he does at this point will be blown up even further. He has provided a media target on his back following the bullshit blindside hit on Norman. Norman was being a bitch, but the answer was not to come back and be an even bigger bitch. Yet, that's what he chose to do, and now he's a villain whenever he's fiery. Another guy can be fiery and he's just trying to inspire the team. It's his own fault that the media paints him this way now, but it's your own fault if you listen to everything the media tells you.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 am

The Giants talked all offseason about wanting OBJ to be more of a leader, and now they are complaining about him being more vocal?
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 am

jtd1387 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 am The Giants talked all offseason about wanting OBJ to be more of a leader, and now they are complaining about him being more vocal?
That is a big oversimplification and you know it

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 am

If the Giants were 5-1 instead of 1-5, his off field issues wouldnt even be a topic of discussion right now. This happens EVERY year in the NFL when teams are a trainwreck...players actions on those teams are over analyzed and focused on because the team is losing. The real problem in NY is that oline. Eli gets the blame but the guy has almost zero time to even through a screen pass....let alone drop back and allow a deep route to develop.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:40 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 am

Rivers tantrums ALL THE TIME and it's painted in a light of "he's such a fiery competitor and leader." I agree OBJ is a spaz...but let's not pretend there aren't other guys that flip out as well. He needs to tone it down, in part because anything he does at this point will be blown up even further. He has provided a media target on his back following the bullshit blindside hit on Norman. Norman was being a bitch, but the answer was not to come back and be an even bigger bitch. Yet, that's what he chose to do, and now he's a villain whenever he's fiery. Another guy can be fiery and he's just trying to inspire the team. It's his own fault that the media paints him this way now, but it's your own fault if you listen to everything the media tells you.
Does Rivers publicly lay the blame at other people's feet like Odell does? I'm a lifelong Giants fan and I don't buy into the narrative you are selling. Odell is a fiery player, but he's also a damn selfish one too.
I was there in the freezing cold tundra of GB when OBJ blew his best chance at a superbowl run in 2016. I was there when he dropped those numerous passes and continuously gave the ball back to Rodgers. Eli showed up that day, and Odell did not. Did Eli go to the media and place blame on anyone other than himself? Of course not, because that's not what a leader does. Beckham blew that game, point blank.
Me-first players like Odell aren't worth it on real NFL rosters, just like TO and numerous other diva me-first players. You rarely see teams with high profile divas like him win championships, and there's a reason for that. Odell is probably the most talented WR of this generation, but he's no leader. Leaders take the blame first.
There's a reason why rumblings out of NY say Saquon is already being looked to as the locker room leader of the team. OBJ is a box-score leader, men like Saquon and Eli are on the field leaders. I hope they do trade Odell, there are certainly better passing attacks currently, and it would benefit the Giants to rid themselves of him.

I'd also point out most of the NFL seems to agree with me. When NYGs had OBJ on the block they wanted ~2 firsts. The response from the league? Sounds of silence. No takers. Not even one serious inquiry. If Odell was really this valuable, why didn't anyone else want him?
Oh 0ldmanwinter, don't you see 2 firsts is a crazy price to pay for one player, even if he is incredible....
Okay sure, but answer me this: why when Khalil Mack was put on the block for the same exact price tag, were NFL front offices breaking down the doors of the Raiders to acquire him?

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:40 am

Lol, OBJ is a fantastic player on an incredibly crappy offense...OL/Eli/yadda yadda. I'd be consistently pissed too.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:19 am

Between his contract and all his personality issues there's no chance the Giants can trade him for anything close to what they would want. For better or worse they are stuck with him now, so they need to find a way to make it work or he could become a major salary cap and locker room problem.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:20 am

It's never a good thing when a non-QB is bigger than the team.

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 am

I do agree that obj has gone a tad to far with the antics. However his message isn’t inaccurate. Eli sucks and so does that o line. As good as Barkely is, and he might be the best Rb in the nfl right now, the giants made a mistake by passing on darnold.
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am

C_n_red_again wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 am I do agree that obj has gone a tad to far with the antics. However his message isn’t inaccurate. Eli sucks and so does that o line. As good as Barkely is, and he might be the best Rb in the nfl right now, the giants made a mistake by passing on darnold.
I think this is overblown, I don't think it was completely unreasonable to think that adding Barkley and some O-line help would make them a good offense and playoff contenders, Eli is just shot and the line is still not good enough. If they didn't like any of the QBs enough to warrant taking over Barkley then they shouldn't have taken a QB just because he's a QB. If they take Herbert or another QB next year and he becomes a good player then they could look like geniuses in a couple of years. Drafting a QB bust is ultimately more damaging to a franchise long-term than passing on drafting a QB, now they are better suited for a rookie QB to come in and have all the tools around him to be able to succeed.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:37 am

I don’t recall Rivers ever going on interviews and bashing their teammates. Can someone refresh my memory on that one?

Or the last time Brady got into a fight (and lost) with a kicking net.

Beckham isn’t the only knucklehead doing crybaby stuff in the league...that goes without saying. But he is the one with the biggest media target on his back...due in no small part to his own selfish actions and due to him playing in NY. That being said, his selfish tantrums overshadow his competitiveness/talent. He is a great player, with a ton of baggage, and the self control of a two-year-old. If he ever grows up and matured into a team leader, then he would be a great addition to any team. Until then, he is his own worst enemy.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 am

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:40 am
Valhalla wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 am
Does Rivers publicly lay the blame at other people's feet like Odell does? I'm a lifelong Giants fan and I don't buy into the narrative you are selling. Odell is a fiery player, but he's also a damn selfish one too.
I was there in the freezing cold tundra of GB when OBJ blew his best chance at a superbowl run in 2016. I was there when he dropped those numerous passes and continuously gave the ball back to Rodgers. Eli showed up that day, and Odell did not. Did Eli go to the media and place blame on anyone other than himself? Of course not, because that's not what a leader does. Beckham blew that game, point blank.
Me-first players like Odell aren't worth it on real NFL rosters, just like TO and numerous other diva me-first players. You rarely see teams with high profile divas like him win championships, and there's a reason for that. Odell is probably the most talented WR of this generation, but he's no leader. Leaders take the blame first.
There's a reason why rumblings out of NY say Saquon is already being looked to as the locker room leader of the team. OBJ is a box-score leader, men like Saquon and Eli are on the field leaders. I hope they do trade Odell, there are certainly better passing attacks currently, and it would benefit the Giants to rid themselves of him.

I'd also point out most of the NFL seems to agree with me. When NYGs had OBJ on the block they wanted ~2 firsts. The response from the league? Sounds of silence. No takers. Not even one serious inquiry. If Odell was really this valuable, why didn't anyone else want him?
Oh 0ldmanwinter, don't you see 2 firsts is a crazy price to pay for one player, even if he is incredible....
Okay sure, but answer me this: why when Khalil Mack was put on the block for the same exact price tag, were NFL front offices breaking down the doors of the Raiders to acquire him?
Actually, the Bears were smart enough to flip the Raiders 2nd for their 3rd, so if the Bears make the playoffs, we are looking at a difference of only 10-15 picks at this point between the Bears first and the Raiders 2nd, which makes quite a bit less than 2 firsts when you think about it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick