Giants tired of OBJ

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Giants tired of OBJ

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:13 pm

OBJ is pressing and he's hurting his team. That punt return a few weeks ago was a good example, where he tried to block the gunner so he couldn't down it inside the 5 and it ended up hitting OBJ's leg for a turnover.

He just wants to win, and he's trying to hard. There are worse things for a diva WR and we've seen them many times before. It's not like he's whining about not getting the ball enough like so many players before him. He's just frustrated because he doesn't feel like his team really cares.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Too bad. He's paid. And now very difficult to trade.

Regardless, a diva WR of Beckham's talents is worth the aggravation.

QB and the O-line are the problem. Eli doesn't have the arm anymore to make every throw, which is restricting his decision-making and the offense in general, and he often doesn't even have time to make progressions in the first place because the O-line is bad and Eli has zero mobility to deal with it.

Don't focus on the loud black guy when he isn't the dead-weight holding everyone back.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Now its about race? Ok....

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm Now its about race? Ok....
I'm just being real. Mara whining at Beckham's discontent while refusing to face facts regarding Eli is absolutely influenced by race. White baby-boomers have... tendencies. In these situations.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:39 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:31 pm
I'm just being real. Mara whining at Beckham's discontent while refusing to face facts regarding Eli is absolutely influenced by race. White baby-boomers have... tendencies. In these situations.
BS, you have nothing to base this statement off of and are using racial stereotypes yourself.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:40 pm

Yeah.. i don't think this is a racial thing... Maybe eye gets the blind eye because he has been the franchise QB for a decade and has a long relationship with mara...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:55 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:31 pm
haha oh my mann. You do realize Mara hired one of the first black GMs in NFL history? You know, to run his entire company?
Nah you're not being real, you're being an ignorant fool. Any time someone has an issue with a black man, it's not automatically about race. Eli is a team legend responsible for half the Superbowls on the shelf, a selfless guy who never missed a start due to injury even though he played the majority of his career before the NFL became flag football. The O-line has been awful for years, Eli never took that to the media. He said, "I need to play better" and "we need to play better". That's the difference between Odell and Eli.
That's why when Eli got benched last year all his ex-teammates and brothers came to his defense. I couldn't give a damn if Eli was black and Odell was white, but I guess that's the difference between you and me.

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:22 pm

OJB is selfish. He's a me-first player. He's a fair-weather teammate and there is no worse kind. He's the type of player that breeds toxicity and jealousy in a locker room; you cannot win without a cohesive locker room. There is a reason that Dez can't find a home; he's a waning talent but really, teams don't want the distraction. I'd take a player like fitz all day over OJB, the talent is lesser but the locker room value is much higher. Football is a team sport, teams that don't act and play as a team don't win consistently and I think a lot of organizations have figured this out which is why nobody came calling for OJB as a trade option.

OJB will never live up to his true potential as a player because he isn't a socially-effective person.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 am

I had no idea we had so many trained psychologists on this board.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...