Giants tired of OBJ

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Giants tired of OBJ

Postby ebsteelers » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:02 pm

get rid of eli. find out what Kerryy Collins is up to and win the friggin Super Bowl . Lets go !

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:19 pm

I would rather see OBJ show some kind of emotion on the sidelines than Eli just standing there with that same stupid look on his face when he is the reason the offence has been bad the last 2 seasons
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:26 pm

I'd trade him if I were the Giants. He's obviously really good, but I'd rather invest that money into boosting the offensive line and a better team environment for when you do draft a QB.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Flatlander19 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:19 pm I would rather see OBJ show some kind of emotion on the sidelines than Eli just standing there with that same stupid look on his face when he is the reason the offence has been bad the last 2 seasons
Sure, this makes sense from an entertainment standpoint. But there's a difference between emotion and diva-like tantrums. OBJ is the latter.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:33 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:40 am The Giants must have thought that the big contract extension would shut him up.

Nope. He is just one of those guys that really never grows up emotionally. I mean for god sake, just about every week there’s at least one clip of Beckham absolutely throwing a tantrum on the sideline. It’s really pretty embarrassing that a grown man would act like this, especially in public.
I agree wholeheartedly, but have you seen how a lot of fans react to winning and losing? Fans, not even necessarily ones that attended the game, not like that is any excuse. The emotional attachment and lengths some go over the results of something that does not impact one's life in any way (it does not, no matter how we spin it, it is simply entertainment like a movie), besides this hobby of ours and some gambling possibilities. So we got grown men throwing temper tantrums on the field and in the stands/bars/homes/gutters.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:14 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 am
jtd1387 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 am The Giants talked all offseason about wanting OBJ to be more of a leader, and now they are complaining about him being more vocal?
That is a big oversimplification and you know it
I don't think it is. I think the hoopla is a bunch of noise. The Giants suck, their owner doesn't like it, their newly signed best player doesn't like it. Both are talking about it publicly. This doesn't seem like big news to me.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Are Kanye & OBJ related ???

I mean besides being narcissistic, bipolar (not sure if clinically diagnosed but from my couch that's my assessment) & attention whores who take no personal responsibility. All the qualities you look for in a leader. Can't believe some teammate hasn't taken him to task in the locker room already.

Biggest blowup since JPP . Don't see a big demand for him on the trade market either. Probably less teams interested than Jean Pierre can count on his one hand (too soon) :doh:

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:19 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:16 pm Probably less teams interested than Jean Pierre can count on his one hand (too soon) :doh:
:lol:
"Too soon is a compliment."
~George Carlin (I think)
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:34 pm

The problem is that no other team is going to put up with his crap for that amount of money.

He is not going anywhere - he will be a Giant for better or worse.

There is a difference between being fiercely competitive and being a whiny b.. OBJ is the latter.

He is talented no doubt, but he is not the best WR in the league as many crowned him as. The problem is, when you have the maturity of a toddler then that will not sit well with NFL teams.

OBJ got his money. If he was so concerned with winning he should have taken less or planned to go elsewhere. OBJ is "me first", bottom line.

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am
C_n_red_again wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 am I do agree that obj has gone a tad to far with the antics. However his message isn’t inaccurate. Eli sucks and so does that o line. As good as Barkely is, and he might be the best Rb in the nfl right now, the giants made a mistake by passing on darnold.
I think this is overblown, I don't think it was completely unreasonable to think that adding Barkley and some O-line help would make them a good offense and playoff contenders, Eli is just shot and the line is still not good enough. If they didn't like any of the QBs enough to warrant taking over Barkley then they shouldn't have taken a QB just because he's a QB. If they take Herbert or another QB next year and he becomes a good player then they could look like geniuses in a couple of years. Drafting a QB bust is ultimately more damaging to a franchise long-term than passing on drafting a QB, now they are better suited for a rookie QB to come in and have all the tools around him to be able to succeed.

Here’s were your wrong. The jets with an inferior roster, especially offensively, have a better record than the giants. Also, there’s a massive historical record of teams making the playoffs with great qbs and subpar rbs but few instances of the inverse.
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:48 pm

OBJ is a big whiny cry baby. Im glad i dont own him anywhere.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:01 pm

This is really much ado about nothing from a fantasy perspective. OBJ is right to be upset and his assessment of the issues is correct. The issue is he shouldn’t be saying it publically, which is indictive if his selfishness. Not great, but we really shouldn’t care that the Mara doesn’t like it. OBJ got paid and everyone knows Eli and the O-line are the real issues with the team and not OBJ’s mouth. If they get a halfway decent passer and give him more than a split second to throw it the Giants will win games, OBJ will calm down and all will be forgiven.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:15 pm

C_n_red_again wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:34 am
C_n_red_again wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 am I do agree that obj has gone a tad to far with the antics. However his message isn’t inaccurate. Eli sucks and so does that o line. As good as Barkely is, and he might be the best Rb in the nfl right now, the giants made a mistake by passing on darnold.
I think this is overblown, I don't think it was completely unreasonable to think that adding Barkley and some O-line help would make them a good offense and playoff contenders, Eli is just shot and the line is still not good enough. If they didn't like any of the QBs enough to warrant taking over Barkley then they shouldn't have taken a QB just because he's a QB. If they take Herbert or another QB next year and he becomes a good player then they could look like geniuses in a couple of years. Drafting a QB bust is ultimately more damaging to a franchise long-term than passing on drafting a QB, now they are better suited for a rookie QB to come in and have all the tools around him to be able to succeed.

Here’s were your wrong. The jets with an inferior roster, especially offensively, have a better record than the giants. Also, there’s a massive historical record of teams making the playoffs with great qbs and subpar rbs but few instances of the inverse.
But there's no guarantee that Darnold is "great" yet, and I wasn't disputing that great QB isn't important, my point is that teams set themselves back more taking a QB and missing than not taking a QB and getting a piece(s) that will help the QB when they do get one. For whatever reason the Giants didn't like Darnold or another QB enough at that spot so they took the best player on their board. They were obviously wrong about Eli still being able to get it done, but now when they do take a QB they like won't the situation with Barkley, OBJ, Shepard, Engram and another year of building the O-line be better for that QB than Darnold would have this year with no RB and a very bad O-line? I think that will possibly be an optimal situation for a young QB, although I jlhave reservations about Shurmur as HC but that's a whole different topic.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:17 pm

OBJ is an incredible talent on a dumpster fire of a team that can't even get the ball to him, don't hate him because he's human and shows his emotion instead of being 100% white collar professional all the time

He has said a lot, but nothing that is in my opinion over the line.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:56 pm

The announcers for TNF couldn't stop echoing obj, constant criticism of how the Giants look like they don't care at all. Then OBJ goes and gives everything all the time and gets frustrated... Have you never worked in a crummy group? I 100% empathise with OBJ. And I don't blame him for taking that extension too. Players have to look out for their financial future, look at ET.. and heaven forbid OBJ takes a big money deal and still cares about winning so bad... I guess people would rather him take a big money deal then coast... Smh.. dude is a winner, and winners don't put up with losing
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06