Adam Thielen

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Adam Thielen

Postby jeffster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 am

Six straight 100+ yard games, leaving the NFL record in the dust. Only two games without a TD. Averaging nearly 10 receptions a game. Last year, with an inferior QB, he still finished top 5 in yard and top 10 in receptions. Both he and his QB are signed for a while, on a good team.

So how is he only WR 12 in both rankings and ADP?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Adam Thielen

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:30 am

Good Question Jeffster. Should be higher.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:32 am

People still don't trust him because he was an undrafted free agent and his breakout age. A first round WR with his numbers would be way higher.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:42 am

jeffster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 am So how is he only WR 12 in both rankings and ADP?
Idk about anyone else but who worries about ADP or rankings in the middle of October? Is anyone drafting right now?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 am

skip wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:42 am
jeffster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 am So how is he only WR 12 in both rankings and ADP?
Idk about anyone else but who worries about ADP or rankings in the middle of October? Is anyone drafting right now?
Well, if you don't like the quantitative approach, you could just substitute in "why does he seem so underrated?"

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:48 am

It’s great news if you like him, just go get him everywhere at a discount compared to the guys who have “more value”. Who cares what his value is when he produces like this. Unless of course you are upset because you want to trade him...

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:39 am

Clearly more valuable than Diggs which is saying a lot. I offered Bell and Hyde in a re-draft and got quickly declined.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:44 am

His ADP was where it was because I don't think anybody saw this coming. If we were drafting today it would justifiably be much earlier.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Undrafted free agent
Late bloomer
Turns 29 next year

He's really, really good but his production will never match his value because of the above. If you have him, enjoy the production and win a league.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Age, does not fit the "athletic" profile of most WRs, and still being viewed as the WR2 on his own team-perception wise. He is a little pasty for some people's liking too...
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Age I agree with but if anyone is still bringing up UDFA as a reason to devalue him that is just silly. Guy has been productive for 3 years now. You can bring up draft stock on a guy for the first few years of his career, but after that there is no point in bringing it up if they are producing. People would also argue Diggs is better which is not true, he is younger but not better.
Last edited by Patsfan86 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:35 pm Age I agree with but if anyone is still bringing up UDFA as a reason to devalue him that is just stupid. Guy has been productive for 3 years now. You can bring up draft stock on a guy for the first few years of his career, but after that there is no point in bringing it up if they are producing. People would also argue Diggs is better which is not true, he is younger but not better.
It's definitely not a valid reason, but that's how many approach it.

If Devante Parker was having the same season, people would discuss him as a Top 10 asset because he had more hype and was expected to be good. Thielen just has a more unspectacular background with no hype, and he's approaching the "dark" age of 30. So, naturally a lot of people won't want to give up a ton for him.

There's always players like this in dynasty who are always undervalued in relation to their production. Doug Baldwin, Julian Edelman, Kirk Cousins, Delanie Walker, etc.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:11 pm

See Baldwin, Doug for most of his career
Seriously a lot of similarities between the two, atypical athletic and physical profiles from an ideal number one, UDFA, came on to be productive later in there careers than most, never viewed as the "sexy option",etc

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:39 am Clearly more valuable than Diggs which is saying a lot. I offered Bell and Hyde in a re-draft and got quickly declined.
This past weekend, owner of Thielen in one of my leauges came out and said he would be shopping him. Said he wanted some rb depth and or help. Anyway, today, I send offer of K.Drake, J.Landry, 2019 1st and 2nd for A.Thielen. Rejected. He counters with Conner and 2019 first and then cancels it a few min after sending, but before I saw it. Then I offer Conner, 2019 1st and 2019 2nd for Thielen. He rejects, no counter.
Ok... I then offer Conner, Landry, 2019 1st and 2nd for A.Thielen. Rejected no counter, no explanation. Now, I'm a touch confused and about to move on but, I had more ammo so.... what the heck, lets get his gears turning, I offered OBJ, J.Conner, E.Ebron, 2019 2nd for A.Thielen, A.Jones & T.Kelce. Immediate and quick decline, no counter. Oh, well. I'm thinking he is having a difficult time with this. Anyway, I wouldn't consider paying any more than that in a dynasty format. I realize OBJ isn't producing like Thielen right now but he is 3 years and 3 months younger. Since L.Bell hasn't reported yet, there is some rumbling that Conner's role will continue and perhaps much longer than many were thinking. So, if the owner of Thielen is going to get more than that, it sure and the heck isnt' going to come from me. lol. As a Vikings fan, I wanted Thielen on my squad but, my efforts have now halted. I'm curious to see who pays what in this league now though. I didn't shut down the avenue of discussion. I simply said if you'd like to revisit talks later, I'm game.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:37 pm

jeffster wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:45 am
skip wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:42 am
Well, if you don't like the quantitative approach, you could just substitute in "why does he seem so underrated?"
Someone mentioned "athletic profile" which is one of the most ridiculous things referenced in this game given that there is no quantitative measurement that is a predictor of success in the NFL.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.