What’s it going to take for blind Browns to see?

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What’s it going to take for blind Browns to see?

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:52 pm https://youtu.be/yYRJ14CpzQI

First clip of this video.

And you wonder why they do not trust him on the field more?
Terrible example. Chubb is a RB, not a special teams player. He's probably never been in this situation in his life in HS or college. He's always been too good at his position to be a special teams guy, I am assuming. Not his fault Hue is a bad coach. No reason Chubb should be punt blocking. It's a completely foreign situation for him. He's basically playing right tackle on this play. That's just plain stupid.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:17 pm

LestForce wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:07 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm Yeah this is nothing compared to the ignorant incompetent mess that is Mike McCarthy's retainment of Aaron Jones.

Glad my team completely owned on Sunday without having to start Jones tonight. I'd become infuriated with his lack of usage. All that kid does, is pick up chunks of yardage and then ride the bench on the next drive.
It's because he doesn't do anything well when he doesn't have the ball. That's the reality. Missing assignments, not pass protecting well etc. will do that.
That’s a bad narrative. Aaron Jones has graded better than Jamaal Williams this season in pass protection. Might have been the case heading into the season, but has been disproven.
I disagree. He can grade well blocking, but he still has to adjust and actually understand who he needs to block. He missed a block last night that got Rodgers hit, and he had a poor route coming out of the backfield. Those just off the top of my head. I think he's getting better, but both other RB's are better pass receiving and understanding pass blocking assignments.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:19 pm

joshb wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:17 pm
LestForce wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:07 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm

It's because he doesn't do anything well when he doesn't have the ball. That's the reality. Missing assignments, not pass protecting well etc. will do that.
That’s a bad narrative. Aaron Jones has graded better than Jamaal Williams this season in pass protection. Might have been the case heading into the season, but has been disproven.
I disagree. He can grade well blocking, but he still has to adjust and actually understand who he needs to block. He missed a block last night that got Rodgers hit, and he had a poor route coming out of the backfield. Those just off the top of my head. I think he's getting better, but both other RB's are better pass receiving and understanding pass blocking assignments.
Had a drop, too, I think. I have no dogs in this race, just speaking upon what I have read about the situation.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Terrible example. Chubb is a RB, not a special teams player. He's probably never been in this situation in his life in HS or college. He's always been too good at his position to be a special teams guy, I am assuming. Not his fault Hue is a bad coach. No reason Chubb should be punt blocking. It's a completely foreign situation for him. He's basically playing right tackle on this play. That's just plain stupid.
It is the effort that I have a problem with on this, he gave up before he even really tried to block.

Chubb is not a world-beating talent in which he should be started week one no question.

He needs to earn his spot, part of doing that is playing special teams - and when he puts a complete lack of effort like that on tape, that is what jumps out. Then even after it is blocked, no hustle, no effort, just IDGAF.

Lack of effort on tape can jump out - and it does here. Lack of effort is also not something that most of us are privy to knowing until we see it on tape.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:08 am

Phaded wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:21 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:13 pm

It is the effort that I have a problem with on this, he gave up before he even really tried to block.

Chubb is not a world-beating talent in which he should be started week one no question.

He needs to earn his spot, part of doing that is playing special teams - and when he puts a complete lack of effort like that on tape, that is what jumps out. Then even after it is blocked, no hustle, no effort, just IDGAF.

Lack of effort on tape can jump out - and it does here. Lack of effort is also not something that most of us are privy to knowing until we see it on tape.
Thank you for the video footage of a very poor blocking example. That will get you in the dog house.

Still, all rookies are going to make some mistakes, especially when they are asked to do something at the pro level that they were never asked to do before, as someone previously stated.

But that’s also all the more reason to get him on the field. He’s an elite talent and the future of the position for the Browns. He needs to be on the field to work through those rookie mistakes and get better.

As for his work ethic, I don’t think this is even close to an area that can be criticized about Chubb. He’s one of the higher character guys to come out of college at the position and he works his tail off because he loves football.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:15 am

deleted because I felt I was needlessly slandering a coach

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 am

No. RBs learn to pass block in practice where the defenders won't blow up their QB, not in a real game where the other team wants to light him up.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 am

I am a little surprised that no one has mentioned yet the simplest solution for the Browns coaches as per the OPs question.

Laser Eye Surgery.

8-) :lol: :P
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 am I am a little surprised that no one has mentioned yet the simplest solution for the Browns coaches as per the OPs question.

Laser Eye Surgery.

8-) :lol: :P
Like Superman? They can do that now? About time!
Imagine the "influence" Tomlin could have running along the sideline if he had laser vision too!

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Surprised no one has brought this thread back yet...
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:28 pm

They saw.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Chubb, Connor, Pacheco, Mattison, DCook, Perine
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, JJeudy, CSutton, Flowers, MThomas, Slayton, DParker, CDavis, DMims
TE: DSchultz, Musgrave, MGesicki, McBride, Kraft, Dissly
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01, 2.02

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: Hull, Jackson, Vaughn, Wilson
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.09, 1.10, 1.12, 2.01

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Dorsey did...Doubt Hue saw anything. He was probably busy trying to work a trade around Mayfield for McCarron following Mayfield’s down day (due to multiple dropped passes).

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:37 pm

I worry about this for Baker, tbh.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Dr. Hyde of Lazer Eye Phocus was paged in Jacksonville.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Thank you Browns, for getting eye surgery. :-)
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings