Think about what you say in trade talks

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Think about what you say in trade talks

Postby Blueboy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:29 am

I just get pissed off whenever someone sends me a trade. Don't you dare insinuate that my team has room for improvement.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:35 am

Because everyone can view the same thing differently, I've learned it's better to ask, rather than assume what an owner thinks about a given player or trade valuation or dynasty strategy or tactic.

For example, it's quite possible some owners truly wouldn't give two shits about mortgaging their future picks for Gurley, others would be somewhat freaked about it, and most would likely fall somewhere in between.

Many times what seems crystal clear or important to you isn't or doesn't matter as much - or even at all - to other owners.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:18 am

Blueboy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:29 am I just get pissed off whenever someone sends me a trade. Don't you dare insinuate that my team has room for improvement.
Nothing wrong with celibacy as a method of trade protection. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:19 am

Blueboy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:29 am I just get pissed off whenever someone sends me a trade. Don't you dare insinuate that my team has room for improvement.
:lol:
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:56 am

Want to know whats worse than anything mentioned in this thread so far? A league that doesnt trade. I go out of my way to try and get some activity going in my league and I get crickets. Over 50% of the trades in my league involve me. And when I do get someone finally interested I get this doozy:

Give Keenan Allen
Get Kerryon Johnson

And when I try and explain how this trade isnt remotely close and I add some pieces to the other side I get this response "No I was already on the fence trading Johnson anyway".

So for those getting their sensitive feelings hurt remember to just be glad you're in an active league and not the Bootes Void.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:06 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 pm
trc wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:25 pm I don't get why it is insulting?
It's like 'Hey I see you don't have any picks, I have some - lets strike a deal'.
Words way to often get misunderstood. Unless that guy has a long list of being a prick, don't read to much into words.
I wouldn't describe it as insulting, but it is belittling. And I don't consider him a prick at all. It could just be competitiveness on my end and not taking kindly to any blatant tactics that try to showcase my team as weak.

Just for reference, I told this owner months before that I considered his team the best coming into the season. So far, I've been proven right. He's leading in total points scored and tomorrow is a show-down between are two teams.
Well he would have beaten every single team in the league this week had he played each one, EXCEPT MINE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO1HI_3U5HI
The commish just sent me a message telling me that I scored the highest point total in the 4 year and 6 week history of the league.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:45 pm

:lol: this killed me :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:38 am

Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:56 am Want to know whats worse than anything mentioned in this thread so far? A league that doesnt trade. I go out of my way to try and get some activity going in my league and I get crickets. Over 50% of the trades in my league involve me. And when I do get someone finally interested I get this doozy:

Give Keenan Allen
Get Kerryon Johnson

And when I try and explain how this trade isnt remotely close and I add some pieces to the other side I get this response "No I was already on the fence trading Johnson anyway".

So for those getting their sensitive feelings hurt remember to just be glad you're in an active league and not the Bootes Void.
Yeah but you have to consider the other side of it. People build a team they generally like and acquire players they’re interested in. Especially early on you want to see how things play out, and perhaps see a player like Kerryon finally blow up and turn into the stud you think he is. I know you're the same way.

But... you also love trading just to trade. See I’m not going to trade unless it improves my team. You on the other hand literally just said to the whole league “I want to make a trade, MT is on the table”. Lol
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Everyone thinks they are The Donald...gotta win bigly. Very rare to see rational thought where both sides give up a little to get a little.

Usually I want your pro bowl guy(s) for unproven prospect and/or draft picks. Rarely is it my position of depth for your guy that improves our weakness. Too many times we see

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:22 pm

darkadun wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:38 am
Bot101 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:56 am Want to know whats worse than anything mentioned in this thread so far? A league that doesnt trade. I go out of my way to try and get some activity going in my league and I get crickets. Over 50% of the trades in my league involve me. And when I do get someone finally interested I get this doozy:

Give Keenan Allen
Get Kerryon Johnson

Yeah but you have to consider the other side of it. People build a team they generally like and acquire players they’re interested in. Especially early on you want to see how things play out, and perhaps see a player like Kerryon finally blow up and turn into the stud you think he is. I know you're the same way.

But... you also love trading just to trade. See I’m not going to trade unless it improves my team. You on the other hand literally just said to the whole league “I want to make a trade, MT is on the table”. Lol
First paragraph.
I get wanting to see your guys break out because I like that too. But you're arguing that I'm going from team to team and trying to acquire everyones breakout guy for cheap. I never even approached the KJ owner. I put MT on the block just to generate some talks and the KJ owner asked about KA and said name your price. I wont get into the details in public but it got ugly quick.

Second paragraph.
When someone puts a star on the block that generally can improve any team. And I would trade away a breakout player for a proven elite player 9 times out of 10. No way I would look a gift horse in the mouth. Especually given our league size and smaller roster sizes. Most of the time when I am trying to make a trade its just a simple one. Lately I've approached every manager and asked about streamable RB 3/2 types. I put the likes of Godwin, Callaway, Moore, MVS in sig on the block. And got nothing. Even the teams who were out of playoff contention dont even respond or just flat out say no.

And for anyone wondering darkadun and I are leaguemates and friends IRL, we cool.