General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Week VI Discussion Thread

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:12 am

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:08 am
Phaded wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:50 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:42 pm I traded away Barkley for OBJ.... talk me off the edge.....
OBJ is still one of the top WRs in dynasty.
It is not like you traded him for a bust.
It is easy to buy into what Barkley is doing but I would not stress about that move - dynasty is still a long term game.

I traded him for MT & a 1st - which I am still happy with.
Barkley has been great, but a lot of his production, especially the pass catching, is due to Manning being unable to connect more than 5 yards downfield. So yes Barkely’s is putting up big numbers but look at the giants game scores and record. When the Giants turn to even a competent NFL backup level of talent at QB Barkley will get fewer looks and OBJ will be just fine.
Yeah I see and agree with the long term dynasty outlook. Its just difficult to see Barkley winning weeks and OBJ barely breaking double digit fantasy points half the time. My quad stack of OBJ - K. Allen - MT and Tyreek have me middle of the road scoring in my league.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 am

^ Correct, Manning has been a dump off monster and Barkley has been the enormous benefactor.

I found it hilarious that every shot the Giants took downfield last night was to Latimer or that no name Davis.

A really pathetic team to watch right now.

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 am

JFever wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am 8.9 points out of OBJ in my big money league.... Barf. Man.... I'm glad I'm not a Giants fan. Eli is horrible. He can't throw down field when he has time. He often doesn't have enough time, gets pressured, gets hit. Barkley looks to be the real deal. The Giants are in serious contention for a very early draft pick. I'm not going to overreact but, man, it pisses me off how OBJ handles adversity. He isn't a leader & he isn't mature. I get that he is a competitor and is very frustrated, but, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Oh, and what the heck are they thinking putting him out there on punt return. That just doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Risk / reward.... hmmm.
Agree on the OBJ immaturity, hate watching the dude for the same reason. The same could be said for the Vikings use of Theilen on punt returns.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am

Options for the Giants next year:
Stick with Eli :sick:
Draft/trade up for one with their likely high pick
Tyrod
Teddy
Bradford :P
Fitzpatrick
Foles
Winston
Flacco

I guess I'd go after Bridgewater or Taylor unless one of the rookie QBs looks appealing...

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am Options for the Giants next year:
Tyrod
Teddy
Fitzpatrick
Foles
Winston
Flacco

I guess I'd go after Bridgewater or Taylor unless one of the rookie QBs looks appealing...
I feel like Foles is the right level of mediocrity for the Giants.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:49 am

Like I said above, I'm not a Giants fan in the least. Heck, I'm not a fan of the NFC East to be honest. But, if I were a NYG guy, I'd rather have Foles to fill a gap than stick with Eli. Last year it seemed to me that the benching of Eli was a pretty strong statement and it seemed like it was a message. Then.... They don't address the position, they draft an uber talented rb, and.... Their entire offense now is destined to do their best to tread water while they lose double digit games this year. How gross. That isn't the way a team is built and that isn't the recipe for success. As a life long Vikings fan, I watched AP's career here in Mn as a qb carousel went on. If it wasn't the Qb issue, it was the O-line.... The Vikings had their shots during AP's time here in Mn, but, the qb situation was never truly ironed out until Teddy then more so now with Cousins. AP may have been the best, or at least, one of the best rb of his time and he's likely to be a first ballot HOF. Meanwhile the Vikings were still streaky as a team. NY is such a victim of Media influence it is sad. Are Barkley Jersey sales that important? The shelf life of a rb is fairly short and, if they cant figure out their gross line and horrific Qb play soon, They simply wont be a playoff team even with Barkley and OBJ. As a fan of the Giants, sure, I bet it's fun to watch Barkley's play. But, at the cost of winning a stable and winning organization, No thanks. The 2019 class of Qb isn't what the 2018 class was / is so addressing the Qb next year and doing so successfully, is not a sure thing.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:17 am

Tyrod
Teddy
Fitzpatrick
Foles
Winston
Flacco

...Winston?
What?

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:03 am

James McGhee wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 am
Tyrod
Teddy
Fitzpatrick
Foles
Winston
Flacco

Shot fired. You gonna sit there and bleed, Valhalla?

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:06 am

So I was a little apprehensive starting Wendall Smallwood. Then I got real excited when I saw he had 19 touches in the game. Then I saw he only scored 6.1 fantasy points. Well bleep.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:54 am

JFever wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:49 am Like I said above, I'm not a Giants fan in the least. Heck, I'm not a fan of the NFC East to be honest. But, if I were a NYG guy, I'd rather have Foles to fill a gap than stick with Eli. Last year it seemed to me that the benching of Eli was a pretty strong statement and it seemed like it was a message. Then.... They don't address the position, they draft an uber talented rb, and.... Their entire offense now is destined to do their best to tread water while they lose double digit games this year. How gross. That isn't the way a team is built and that isn't the recipe for success. As a life long Vikings fan, I watched AP's career here in Mn as a qb carousel went on. If it wasn't the Qb issue, it was the O-line.... The Vikings had their shots during AP's time here in Mn, but, the qb situation was never truly ironed out until Teddy then more so now with Cousins. AP may have been the best, or at least, one of the best rb of his time and he's likely to be a first ballot HOF. Meanwhile the Vikings were still streaky as a team. NY is such a victim of Media influence it is sad. Are Barkley Jersey sales that important? The shelf life of a rb is fairly short and, if they cant figure out their gross line and horrific Qb play soon, They simply wont be a playoff team even with Barkley and OBJ. As a fan of the Giants, sure, I bet it's fun to watch Barkley's play. But, at the cost of winning a stable and winning organization, No thanks. The 2019 class of Qb isn't what the 2018 class was / is so addressing the Qb next year and doing so successfully, is not a sure thing.
Eli certainly isn't good at this point, but it doesn't really matter who you put back there behind that line, the results are not going to be good until they get that fixed. Even Tom Brady and literally the best offense in NFL history couldn't do more than limp to 14 points in the Super Bowl when their opponent was getting instant pressure with a 4 man rush like Philly was last night.

Last week when the line was actually semi-decent for the first time all year Eli was his usual 326/2/2 self. The line is certainly excacerbating his suckiness.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Chiefs Pats is the obviously better NFL Game but which game do you think will be fantasy better? Pats Chiefs or Bucs Atl?

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:31 pm

As far as giants go I see them being screwed for years. Barkley and OBJ will be fine for fantasy purposes but that team has multiple issues we all know about. Eli being done, awful Oline, OBJs attitude, defense, etc

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:03 am
James McGhee wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 am
Tyrod
Teddy
Fitzpatrick
Foles
Winston
Flacco

Shot fired. You gonna sit there and bleed, Valhalla?
:D

Well...I was defending the guy when everyone hated him still...BEFORE the Super Bowl run. I never said he was elite. I just said he was vastly underrated (as most viewed him as utterly hopeless to ever lead a team to anything). I argued for him being better than many of the starting QBs in the league at the time, and I stand by that. He's not my QB of choice, but I'd like him as my team's backup plan.
I think it's very fair to say that we know there's a very good Foles and a very bad Foles...
He seems like (sit down for this, Foles haters) a lesser version of Kurt Warner to me. Quite a bit lesser, but still in that spectrum of QB. Give the guy a comfortable pocket to operate from, and he can make a defense look absolutely stupid. He can leave people wondering "how did everyone miss this?" with his level of play. We saw that to an extent in his second year and saw it again in his Super Bowl run. He CAN look phenomenal if the system is giving him a comfortable pocket. He can also look just atrocious if he has to function in an unstable pocket, like the statue Warner.

All that said...the Giants do NOT offer any semblance of stability in the pocket. I would NOT want Foles if I were a Giants fan. If I were a GM of a team with a good pass blocking OL (like the Saints or Chiefs), I'd give consideration to trying to sign Foles as a backup this coming offseason. Or...if I were the GM of the Bills...but then I wouldn't have drafted Josh Allen to begin with...

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Foles?
I'd rather smear myself in pigs blood and jump in a lake filled with alligators.
He had an epic run, but he's a backup quarterback. They are going to take a QB in the top 10, they are certainly not going to sign Nick Foles to be the starter, I'll bet your life on it.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:46 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:23 pm They are going to take a QB in the top 10, they are certainly not going to sign Nick Foles to be the starter, I'll bet your life on it.
I agree with you...but I hope that’s not MY life you’re referring to... :lol: