Ebron value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Ebron value

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am

btv802 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am I sat him for Njoku :lol:
I sat him for Kelce... I honestly think I'll flex him instead of Landry going forward, which is CRAZY.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:45 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:37 am
btv802 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am I sat him for Njoku :lol:
I sat him for Kelce... I honestly think I'll flex him instead of Landry going forward, which is CRAZY.
That does seem crazy :crazy:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:54 am

Are we sure we still want to sell Ebron for a guy like Engram? Like, I THINK I'd want to do that but...it's been a tough year for Engram in terms of targets and the future is bleak for Giants at QB. They are both very young for the TE position so it's not like...a huge upgrade in terms of getting younger and Ebron looks like a great weapon for Luck who is playing out of his mind.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:02 am

Awful quiet out there :lol:

All I'm saying is Ebron is same age as Kittle and outscoring him. He's not that much older then Engram and VASTLY outscoring him this year....why aren't we considering Ebron to be a part of that tier?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:00 am

To answer your question as to why Ebron isn't viewed as being more valuable, Well, part of it is perception, another part is many don't understand that the TE position takes time AND the right fit / role / offense, in order to be productive. In Detroit Ebron was at best inconsistent. Inconsistent with effort, usage, and production. Many have that taste in their mouths yet, which, to an extent is understandable. But, at some point, people should come around. Now, Ebron (whom is still very young), has an upgrade at qb, role, usage, and production. He is the real deal and in my opinion is a top 5 dynasty TE. If we think that Engram is top 5, well, Ebron sure and the heck is.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:12 am

Top 5 is aggressive! Hard not to worry about the lack of targets...but at a certain point you also have to think the Colts reward Ebron with more of them?

Both Ebron and Doyle are going into contract years in 2019 and Colts have a ton of cap space. I wonder if they will just extend both? Luck has always been successful when he's had two quality tight ends.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 am

Top five isn't really as aggressive as it seems when you look at the TE landscape. Kelce, Ertz, then ? Kittle, Njoku, Gronk is seemingly sliding, and their are questions about a group of 4-5 of them with Ebron in that mix.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:29 am

The problem I have is that he is scoring TDs at a completely unsustainable rate long term. He has 6 targets the last 2 weeks combined and has 3 TDs receiving and a rushing TD. Not to mention 2 weeks ago he played 18% of the snaps and then this past week 38%. That makes you the definition of TD or bust and not something I'm going to get too excited about.

Sometimes things come together for you and you have an awesome year. We have seen guys blow up for a season to never be heard from again. Ill admit I'm watching more now, but if I was an Ebron owner I would sell high. I mean could he ever have more value than he does now?

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:15 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:29 am The problem I have is that he is scoring TDs at a completely unsustainable rate long term. He has 6 targets the last 2 weeks combined and has 3 TDs receiving and a rushing TD. Not to mention 2 weeks ago he played 18% of the snaps and then this past week 38%. That makes you the definition of TD or bust and not something I'm going to get too excited about.

Sometimes things come together for you and you have an awesome year. We have seen guys blow up for a season to never be heard from again. Ill admit I'm watching more now, but if I was an Ebron owner I would sell high. I mean could he ever have more value than he does now?
Ebron is having a bit of a Tyler Eifert-esque season from 2015 when he had 13 TDs. Eifert was TE2 in February 2016 ADP :think:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:37 pm

btv802 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:15 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:29 am The problem I have is that he is scoring TDs at a completely unsustainable rate long term. He has 6 targets the last 2 weeks combined and has 3 TDs receiving and a rushing TD. Not to mention 2 weeks ago he played 18% of the snaps and then this past week 38%. That makes you the definition of TD or bust and not something I'm going to get too excited about.

Ebron is having a bit of a Tyler Eifert-esque season from 2015 when he had 13 TDs. Eifert was TE2 in February 2016 ADP :think:
I was thinking the same thing. I actually thought about him (Ebron) like a goal line back who is having an awesome year. I think it was 2015 when LenDale White had 775 yards rushing but 15 TDs.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:12 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 am Top five isn't really as aggressive as it seems when you look at the TE landscape. Kelce, Ertz, then ? Kittle, Njoku, Gronk is seemingly sliding, and their are questions about a group of 4-5 of them with Ebron in that mix.
I'd safely rather have Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Howard, Henry and Njoku over him. He probably has surpassed Engram and Gronk for now though.

Personally like a guy like Hooper more usually where he gets more targets and is less TD dependant. However, Luck loves the TE and I dont think the TD are all that fluky

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Yeah I agree that he is TD dependent and his target share and snap count is unnerving. Because of that, untill we see a change, he is prob outside top 5 in ranking. He is still on a weekly basis, a strong contender for top 5 TE production. At this point in the year, that production is valuable. Put it this way, on one of my contending teams, I'm starting him over Engram who is DLF's #3 ranked te.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:30 pm

btv802 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:02 am Awful quiet out there :lol:

All I'm saying is Ebron is same age as Kittle and outscoring him. He's not that much older then Engram and VASTLY outscoring him this year....why aren't we considering Ebron to be a part of that tier?
Ebron played 38% of the snaps last week and Doyle played 88%.

I think it doesn't get any clearer than that. If Ebron is going to be a Top-5 TE in value, then he needs to play a lot more. He's looked good all year, especially when Doyle was out. So, maybe if the Colts got rid of Doyle his value would skyrocket. But, until then he's not playing much and has a perfect storm of TD's this season.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 pm

But, snap count doesn't equal points. So, there is that. Luck looks to Ebron and finds ways to Target him and or get him the ball in the red zone. That has to count for something. The Colts are doing a good job of keeping opposing defenses off balance and confused. The difference in snap count is crazy though. My thoughts are that they look to Doyle more as a blocker and a versital all around player, and Ebron as a miss match receiving threat, since they have so little depth at wr. Man, if Doyle wasn't there though... Ebron's perceved value would skyrocket. I agree.

jimbonyc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jimbonyc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:57 pm

This is a TE who is on pace for 800-900 yards and 18 TD. This pace had held true through 9 games so it's not one of those stats from 2 games projected through 16 type of things. He is also only 25 years old. He is also on a team whose offense revolves around the TE with one of the best QB's in the game, who also historically loves him some TE's. If his name was any name other than Eric Ebron, this young TE would be considered a top 3 dynasty tight end moving forward without much debate lol.