Ebron value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Ebron value

Postby Jfever » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Sometimes not doing a trade is a better move.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:26 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:09 pm Sometimes not doing a trade is a better move.
That is something I believe in as well. All depends on team needs & situation of course.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Crazylegs
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Crazylegs » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Where are people on Ebron. Now that the season is over? I keep hearing about regression being likely, and that his success was due to Doyle being injured. Do people agree? Holding or selling if you are a contender?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Touch downs are tough to predict and can fluctuate widely from year to year so - some regression in production is expected with Ebron. Considering the TE landscape however, and the fact he has Luck throwing to him, with a good offensive line that allows him to run more routes, and the fact that there isn't a great wr corp vacuuming up Luck's targets, especially in the redzone - Ebron is a lock to be a top 10 and possibly a top 5 scoring TE in the short term / future. He is young and just starting to come into his own. The TE position takes time to ripen.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:13 pm

If you did a startup in 2018 and got him at a 100 or later ADP you're probably quite pleased with your selection, not to mention his ADP is pretty much back where it was (twice before) in the mid 70s. :)

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177017

Easy sell high. His routes are blah, he still had issues with drops and I don't see the TD #'s staying high after they add to WR room. He's a big athlete who can make some plays but he doesn't understand the nuances of playing TE. No thanks if you ask me, I'd take any round 1 or something like rd 2 + Pettis/Washington/Gallup/Ross (if you're a believer)

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Just offered a guy 2.08 plus a prospect of his choosing from my bench who has little or know value for ebron. Thoughts?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Never know till ya try. I’d guess it probably won’t get it done. Ebron is in position to stay in the top 5 TE scoring range if you ask me. He’s locked in as Luck’s #1 red zone target. People forget how young Ebron is. I personally wouldn’t trade Ebron unless I was deep at TE and I got an early to mid first value back in return. Ebron is clearly undervalued by many here. I’m not one of those folks.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:08 pm

In a Best Ball league that I am in Ebron just went for what I'd consider the equivalent of 2 late 1sts (one 2019 & one 2020).

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:29 pm

As with most things, it's league-specific.

^ Two firsts seems like a haul imo

In my league, i tried to sell Kittle all year and was met with "I just don't believe he'll maintain", while he goes on to have the best season by a TE in history, so who the hell knows man :doh:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:53 am

Ebron to IR. :(

Ankle surgery it sounds like.