Ebron value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Ebron value

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:27 am

themburns wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:24 am I seem to remember young Andrew supporting two simultaneous startable TEs earlier in his career with Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener. Doyle and Ebron seem at least comparable in talent level, and the team has target share to go around for the season. Doyle is the superior blocker so he'll have a higher snap %.

That being said, I believe Ebron is the better dynasty asset, he has had productive stretches before this breakout and came into the league awfully young (he is 4 months older than rookie Hayden Hurst) and with expectations that people are still holding over his head. This league is so bereft of TEs Jared Cook got enough opportunities to figure it out. The Colts can get out of either Doyle or Ebron's contracts at any time with little to no cap hit. Either would find a starting job elsewhere. If Jim Irsay decides to "get schwifty" with things in the free agent market, that could happen as soon as this off season.
Well said! :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:44 am

Context is key! Very true. If you focus too much on snap count, you miss a lot. Case in point. Ebron is the TE to own as TE's that block don't earn a ton of fantasy points. TE's that run routes and catch TD passes however do earn fantasy points.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:02 am

If playing 18% of the snaps, regardless of game script doesnt worry you, then I'm not sure anything will. If the Colts continue to run the ball and that trend holds, its virtually impossible for him to maintain any sort of consistent production.

Now if you agree with that, then you agree that Ebron's value becomes game script dependent. Which again, isnt where you want to be investing. Game script dependent players dont maintain value long at all.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm

Bump to help the people voting in the poll thread. :)

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:59 pm

Gonna jump in on the Ebron side here. He's impressed me this season, and by my eye test looked much better than Doyle. Wish I hadn't sold on him.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm Bump to help the people voting in the poll thread. :)
What is the poll thread?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:30 am I guess we shall see. I still think that game was more script dependant than an indication that Ebron is an after-thought now. If your argument is Doyle is going to have more snaps and more targets than Ebron going forward - I have no issues with that. I just do not think that Doyles return means Ebron's role disappears or his fantasy production will suffer much.
I don't think I ever argued his role disappeared, just that he's not as valuable as people were saying a couple pages ago.

In dynasty, I want the TEs that are good enough to stay on the field to block because it raises their floor. I don't think he's an afterthought, just that the snap count when the Colts are healthy is keeping him from being a dynasty TE1 for me. Upstream people were saying DON'T try to sell him while he's hot for more complete TE like Howard or Henry, and I thought that was a mistake. Those are the types of TEs I am willing to invest in for dynasty. Ebron is more of a DFS/redraft play because he's such a good athlete that he'll put up numbers when teams are forced to play him a lot, but because he's not well-rounded he is more situation dependent.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 am Upstream people were saying DON'T try to sell him while he's hot for more complete TE like Howard or Henry, and I thought that was a mistake.
This is my thing...a lot of people were saying, "Hey idiots, sell Ebron for Njoku, Howard or Engram!!".

Selling Ebron for Henry, I can see a scenario where that is realistic because he's injured and his owner may be desperate. That's also assuming that you aren't contending and/or don't need Ebron (who is currently like TE3 overall on the season and likely going to continue being a TE1 despite Doyle's return, it doesn't take much). In my league, Hunter Henry is owned by a team that is blatantly tanking, so HH makes sense for him to own.

Selling Ebron for Howard or anybody in that generally elite young tier of guys that are healthy and playing well, not happening in a league with managers that know what they are doing.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 pm

btv802 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 am Upstream people were saying DON'T try to sell him while he's hot for more complete TE like Howard or Henry, and I thought that was a mistake.
This is my thing...a lot of people were saying, "Hey idiots, sell Ebron for Njoku, Howard or Engram!!".

Selling Ebron for Henry, I can see a scenario where that is realistic because he's injured and his owner may be desperate. That's also assuming that you aren't contending and/or don't need Ebron (who is currently like TE3 overall on the season and likely going to continue being a TE1 despite Doyle's return, it doesn't take much). In my league, Hunter Henry is owned by a team that is blatantly tanking, so HH makes sense for him to own.

Selling Ebron for Howard or anybody in that generally elite young tier of guys that are healthy and playing well, not happening in a league with managers that know what they are doing.
It definitely isn't happening now, but it was possible enough to be worth investigating a few weeks ago when Ebron was hot (which is when I was saying it).
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:10 am

No way anybody trades for Ebron over a higher ranked TE. People view Ebron negativity, but he has performed adequately for the position. He is a better hold than trade candidate.

This trade talk of Ebron was suggesting sell Ebron for anything you can get, which the Ebron supporters disagreed with.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:20 am

Another week, another TD for Ebron.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:21 am

btv802 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 am
ArrylT wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm Bump to help the people voting in the poll thread. :)
What is the poll thread?
It was a poll for a different TE - just want to contrast the 2 TEs.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Traded Ebron for Yeldon as a LF owner a couple weeks back. Regretting it now. Ebron looks like the Colts best offensive weapon. IND would be wise to give him more snaps than Doyle
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

JSylvester87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JSylvester87 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Ebron is on pace to break Gronks TD record, but people still hate him. Amazing fit for Luck and my colts.
War Eagle - 16 Team, going into year 9

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR, 1K, 1D
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Dwayne Haskins, Mason Rudolph
RB: Le’Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Kerryon Johnson, Tony Pollard, Malcolm Brown
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Michael Gallup, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Callaway
TE: Mark Andrews, Eric Ebron, Tyler Higbee
K: Will Lutz
D: Bears D
Champion 2012, 2013 , 2014 runner up, 2019 runner up.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am

I sat him for Njoku :lol:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS