RB Values Currently Being Killed By Coaches

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: RB Values Currently Being Killed By Coaches

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:56 pm

I agree with David Johnson - but other than that there have been some fair reasons.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:28 am I'm still stubbornly believing there's talent in Samaje Perine, but he's not even getting a sniff from his coaches. They really have never liked him, only playing him when forced to due to multiple injuries. His rookie year, his ypc wasn't good, but no one's was on that team and everyone knows the blocking was atrocious. I thought he looked pretty good with the opportunity he got. He hasn't even been active yet this year...and somehow I think even if Peterson tore his ACL, the Redskins would go get someone else's practice squad player like Tra Carson or something instead of activating Perine. I just don't get it.
I'm with you on this one. Big frustration for me.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:00 pm

All the running backs on my roster. Their coach hates them.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:37 pm They do it quite often in this day and age and the way the NFL plays offense now.
Then you should be able to give me plenty of examples.
Who didn't think Melvin was going to be a 20 touch guy?
You missed my point. Gordon had even lower BMI than Johnson coming out. He was just 215lbs at 6'1", still is, maybe, for all I know.

The point is one can't say KJ isn't built for 20 touches and then be copacetic about a profile like Gordon's. Without being hypocritical, I mean.
I'm sure they are quite happy with KJ's production, and would love a power back to compliment him.
KJ is a power-back.
Gio had a really good rookie year and they then drafted Hill in the 2nd the next year.
Ah, there's an example. Cincy didn't trade up for Gio, iirc, but close enough.

In hindsight, looking at what he's done with Cleveland's backfield, that was just Hue Jackson being Hue Jackson, though, wasting draft capital and money on RB mismanagement.

Regardless, Gio actually does profile as a committee-back. You ever see him push a pile, bulldoze a squared up tackler at the goal-line or on X-and-short?
workhorse backs
20 touches can be achieved without 20 carries. And KJ's metrics have an elite profile for pass-catching at the position, which the tape confirms.
I don't think TB ever thought Ronald Jones was going to be a bell cow back
Considering they immediately gave him passing down and third-down reps at OTAs (he just flopped with them, ofc) along with his expected early-down role, I think you're wrong about that.
I just don't think KJ is being "held back"
Dude, every non-fantasy football person is saying it, too.

It's an obvious take when one sees an RB representing significant draft capital that's visibly excelling in every situation, on every down, and on nearly every touch, and is drastically outperforming the other RBs on the chart with just 30% or so of the snap-share.

Detroit's offense is plainly less effective with Blount getting carries, and there's nothing he does that KJ can't do. How else is 'being held back' rationally qualified than in a scenario exactly like this? Aside from seeing KJ being physically restrained on the sideline.
maybe they want him fresh for the playoffs
The Lions are 2-3.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Every RB on my team that's either on a bad offense or is not a bellcow is being held back by NFL coaches.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Is Kerryon really being "killed" though? His touches by game:

Week 1: 8
Week 2: 13
Week 3: 19
Week 4: 10
Week 5: 14

I think the goal line usage is valid when Blount vultures, but overall that's not bad usage for a rookie RB in a committee.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 pm

My vote is for Mixon ... he's currently RB9 based on weekly average. If Lazor & Marvin game planned to get him involved early on in the passing game he'd be Top 5 easy.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:20 pm Every RB on my team that's either on a bad offense or is not a bellcow is being held back by NFL coaches.
Nailed it. 'Cry me a river' thread. As an aside, Samuels is a talented jack-of-all-trades athlete, but he is not an NFL running back.

The true RB for this thread is Leveon in his second season where they ran him for like 1400 yards but didnt let him score for like ten weeks and kept giving the ball to Blount so he could get stuffed and passed all the time on the goal line with Ben. Wait, maybe it is Kerryon haha
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:24 am

Duke Johnson - lot of talent. Not a lot of usage.

Alex Collins - Some of his woes are self inflicted but his usage is infuriating.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:34 pm

dmac37 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:42 pm This year seems to be worse than ever in regards to everyone seeing talented RB's sitting, while inferior RB's are getting more run from their coaching staff. We are all guilty of getting upset when our RB's get vultured at the goal line or don't get enough involvement in the pass game but this year seems crazy with so many teams giving so much playing time to RB's that everyone sees as being inferior in talent and production.

How do you see the values going for this group of RB's that the fantasy community seems to value more than their coaching staff. Which ones will the coaches finally roll with the talent and start seeing what we are all seeing?

Obvious Group:
K. Johnson- seems like the most obvious choice that needs to take over his own backfield
A. Jones - if Rodgers continues to endorse him and he improves slightly in pass blocking, he should separate
Collins- with Allen being a total JAG and also fumbling in the last game + Collins yards per run and catch being so far superior to Allen, I would think the coaches have to increase his work load if they want the offense to move
Drake- not a guy I pay much attention to

Rookie RB's looking for a chance:
Penny- may take the most patience and seems to be boom or bust
R. Jones- not really a believer but he looks to be getting a real chance starting now
Chubb- one of the few on this list that currently has a legitimate talent ahead off them. A sure bet to eventually hit as a 2 down back but will take patience
Guice(injury)- should hit the ground running in 2019 and a great trade target if current owner is in 2018 panic mode and needs to move him for immediate value
Well it looks like many from this list are now finally getting the love from their coaches that most of us were able to see long ago

K. Johnson- seems like the most obvious choice that needs to take over his own backfield- now the man
A. Jones - if Rodgers continues to endorse him and he improves slightly in pass blocking, he should separate- stud in the making
Collins- with Allen being a total JAG and also fumbling in the last game + Collins yards per run and catch being so far superior to Allen, I would think the coaches have to increase his work load if they want the offense to move- can Collins please be given the chance to join this group. Same as A. Jones situation with Jamawful Williams, Buck Allen has no right to be getting close to the same workload as Collins
Drake- not a guy I pay much attention to- still not sure about this situation

Rookie RB's looking for a chance:
Penny- may take the most patience and seems to be boom or bust- at least Carson has also looked good but Penny seems to be the future for Seattle
R. Jones- not really a believer but he looks to be getting a real chance starting now- could be a good buy low
Chubb- one of the few on this list that currently has a legitimate talent ahead off them. A sure bet to eventually hit as a 2 down back but will take patience- another stud in the making
Guice(injury)- should hit the ground running in 2019 and a great trade target if current owner is in 2018 panic mode and needs to move him for immediate value- still think he will be a top 12 RB moving forward
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Good job on getting the NFL Coaches to read your post. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Hopefully Collins can run with the job. Traded A. Jones for him (and a 4th) 2 months ago... definitely didn’t see Montgomery leaving the equation that fast. 😭
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:10 am

Penny.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:10 amPenny.
X2
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:31 am

Rosenbluu wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:10 amPenny.
X2
X3