Which of these decisions in a Dynasty Setting is unaccepptable by you?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which Actions Do You Deem Unacceptable

Accepting a trade offer soon after injury / news changes the equation in your favor
40%
Accepting an obviously in favor of your team trade
3%
Picking up a player to keep them out of the hands of an opponent
4%
Proposing an obviously in favor of your team trade
6%
Revoking a trade offer soon after injury / news changes the equation not in your favor
3%
Picking up a guy in FA that was ignored in Waivers who may now have a key role (even if short term)
1%
None of the Above
44%

Total votes: 109

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Which of these decisions in a Dynasty Setting is unaccepptable by you?

Postby skip » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:40 am

I voted for the third option but with a bit of a caveat... Many leagues I've played in lock players that are released for a period of days or until the next week's waivers. I've seen owners add/drop multiple defenses and kickers in these leagues over a short span to lock them all onto waivers.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 am

I am against all the lopsided offers no matter who makes them. They tend to ruin leagues so both parties need to be a little responsible unless you don't care about the league...then go for it.

My thoughts are if you want what's good for the league your team can still come 1st but up to a point. If winning is more important than the game you are already losing at FF
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:03 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 am My thoughts are if you want what's good for the league your team can still come 1st but up to a point. If winning is more important than the game you are already losing at FF
That is a very good point - however obviously it is tough for everyone to agree where that line in the sand is - where your responsibilities to yourself and your team to be as competitive as possible balance against what is considered the right thing to do and beneficial to all.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:54 pm

1st option seems dirty but not strictly unacceptable

Rest are A-ok
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:55 am

skip wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:40 am I voted for the third option but with a bit of a caveat... Many leagues I've played in lock players that are released for a period of days or until the next week's waivers. I've seen owners add/drop multiple defenses and kickers in these leagues over a short span to lock them all onto waivers.
I agree that that’s a dick move, but there are at least two ways to prevent it.

1. MFL has a setting that forces owners to keep recently added players for at least 24 hours. Not ideal, but probably the easiest (laziest?) way to automatically prevent it without commish intervention.

2. Specifically address it in the constitution as prohibited behavior. That’s what we did in our league. It’s never been an issue (probably because we don’t even play with kickers or D/STs, haha) but if it ever happened, I’d just go in and manually unlock the players.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:13 am

My inclination is to agree with Shames ...Was going to say the same and ask the question... Have you ever seen ArryIT & Turcorox in the same room ??? :think:

Haven't been bombarded with so many options since visiting the the Chicken Ranch brothel back in the '80s...and I feel just as dirty for participating in this pandering exercise as I did then. :cry: :oops:

Off of the menu I'd select the combo of #1 & #5(with egg roll please) :drool:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 am

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:13 am My inclination is to agree with Shames ...Was going to say the same and ask the question... Have you ever seen ArryIT & Turcorox in the same room ??? :think:

Haven't been bombarded with so many options since visiting the the Chicken Ranch brothel back in the '80s...and I feel just as dirty for participating in this pandering exercise as I did then. :cry: :oops:

:clap: extra duck sauce please
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:19 am

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:13 am My inclination is to agree with Shames ...Was going to say the same and ask the question... Have you ever seen ArryIT & Turcorox in the same room ??? :think:

The fact that your default option is to suggest Turcorox is suggestive that you yourself might be Turcoroxs alter ego. 8-) :lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:22 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 am Turcorox, is it you?
No I believe that might be cassies alter ego - I have no reason to hide behind different names. 8-)

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:27 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:19 am

The fact that your default option is to suggest Turcorox is suggestive that you yourself might be Turcoroxs alter ego. 8-) :lol:
Classic self projection tactics . Especially en vogue in the Trumpian era ...you sir are suspect until you provide visible evidence that you are indeed not Turcorox in disguise :nono:

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:25 pm

I’d say it’s only a dick move if an offer is in your inbox and news comes out that a player you’re giving away is now out for the season and then you accept it. But shame on you and the other player for letting it sit that long.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:35 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:27 am
ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:19 am

Classic self projection tactics . Especially en vogue in the Trumpian era ...you sir are suspect until you provide visible evidence that you are indeed not Turcorox in disguise :nono:
:boohoo:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Very interesting how split the results are - I actually thought there would be more spread.

But basically what it seems to come down to is that about half the DLF community (that voted) feels that the line should be drawn at option A.

That would suggest then that the odds are by doing A you're likely to bother half of your fellow league mates in any given league - what if any consequences that could have would obviously be league & owner specific.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:41 pm

This could have been a poll of two questions.

That being said, if you want to play in the big leagues then you should be fine with all the options above, if you're not then stick to free or low entry leagues.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:39 pm

thebeast wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:41 pm This could have been a poll of two questions.

That being said, if you want to play in the big leagues then you should be fine with all the options above, if you're not then stick to free or low entry leagues.
Yes it could have - but the questions are all similar in principle, it is just the degree that changes.