Accepting offer AFTER injury report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Accepting offer AFTER injury report

Postby Chris_R » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Some of us are in over 5+ leagues and you don't have time to scroll through every league declining every offer, it also doesn't make it very easy to know you sent an offer on flea flicker. There is an alert for trades you receive and it should be the same for ones you send also. That said I'm not a dick so I would never accept a trade like that under these circumstances and most people I play with aren't dicks either even if it is "legal". I'd rather not be a snake and have a good relationship with my league members. It's easy to say "just delete it before the game" in 1 or 2 leagues but for most of us that isn't the case.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:09 pm

saw061600 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:33 am Some people's children.
It's childish of you to play victim when it's all your own goof.

You left an offer open while games were being played and/or injury aftermath was still being established. That's a risk you chose.

And if this isn't even a league with people you know in real life, then you were especially foolish.

Be accountable for what you can control. The nanosecond you saw that Ajayi was 'Questionable' with a knee injury, you should have canceled the offer to cover your bleep. No-brainer.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:19 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:09 pm
saw061600 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:33 am Some people's children.
It's childish of you to play victim when it's all your own goof.

You left an offer open while games were being played and/or injury aftermath was still being established. That's a risk you chose.

And if this isn't even a league with people you know in real life, then you were especially foolish.

Be accountable for what you can control. The nanosecond you saw that Ajayi was 'Questionable' with a knee injury, you should have canceled the offer. No-brainer.
x2
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:00 am
RB6 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:45 am
sloth8u wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 am bush league by your leaguemate, but use it as a learning lesson. be sure to go back to that league while setting lineups each week and revoke any offers.

some leagues and some owners are cut throat. i dont necessarily fault the guy (maybe you should ask why he did it and you guys can reverse?).
It's not bush league at all for accepting the offer. The bush league move was the owner offering not to have revoked before kickoff. There's absolutely no reason this should be reversed.
Its pathetic. Run to the offer after a guy gets hurt and accept asap. What a joke. If this is Kamara getting hurt and it gets accepted, I dont think people would be saying the same thing
Are you a child? Manage your team and offers like an adult. Don’t leave yourself open to these types of things. To expect others to “do the right thing” because you’re a bozo is pretty silly.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Both guys are at fault. The guy for leaving the offer dangling during a game. And the guy who accepts an offer made prior to the injury occurring.

:nono:

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Sometimes the lack of reading comprehension ability on this forum is both astounding and disturbing. Would also be interesting to see how many of those offering, let's call it questionable value of response, are actually still triggered they were called out for a douche move they made previously. Anyway...

Was cool other owner offered to reverse trade but, like I said earlier (and added to original post, again for those that can't read) I rejected. Onward to the next trade.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:10 pm

saw061600 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 pm Sometimes the lack of reading comprehension ability on this forum is both astounding and disturbing. Would also be interesting to see how many of those offering, let's call it questionable value of response, are actually still triggered they were called out for a douche move they made previously. Anyway...

Was cool other owner offered to reverse trade but, like I said earlier (and added to original post, again for those that can't read) I rejected. Onward to the next trade.
Like so many others you miss a basic concept of accountability. It is literally the difference, in life, between winners and losers.

Here’s a hint, any time you point a finger you’re the loser. Even when you’re right...

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:10 pm
saw061600 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 pm Sometimes the lack of reading comprehension ability on this forum is both astounding and disturbing. Would also be interesting to see how many of those offering, let's call it questionable value of response, are actually still triggered they were called out for a douche move they made previously. Anyway...

Like so many others you miss a basic concept of accountability. It is literally the difference, in life, between winners and losers.

Here’s a hint, any time you point a finger you’re the loser. Even when you’re right...
You just pointed the finger LMAO! Anyway, I did take accountability so again..reading comprehension issues.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:29 pm

^ I guess it’s a lesson for me then!

Dawkins20
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Dawkins20 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:14 pm

The other owner should have messaged you before accepting the deal, instead he took advantage and waited for your reaction. Should the deal have been revoked by you prior to kickoff, sure but I expect my league mates to be better than that.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:20 am

Just curious when he accepted the offer? You may have said but I couldn’t find it while I quickly glanced during a mtg lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:41 pm

saw061600 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 pm Sometimes the lack of reading comprehension ability on this forum is both astounding and disturbing.
:roll:
thebeast wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:29 pm ^ I guess it’s a lesson for me then!
:lol: :thumbup:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:13 am

I'm shock anyone would suggest this is anything but a dick move. Fantasy Football is supposed to be a fun thing we do in our daily lives. If two teams are making a trade, they both should have to agree with it AT the time of the trade. In fantasy football we make internet offers because it is easier, not to many people call their leaguemates to talk trade offers in fantasy football, who has the time for that? So we put an offer out on a website...no reason to expect to be picked over.

You can make a trade offer anytime and the player could tear an ACL in practice. You don't go out and rush to screw over an unfortunate owner. That is just stupid.

ap28.allday
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ap28.allday » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:38 am

Everyone crying about the owner being a "d**k" or "bush league" makes me laugh. Yes, fantasy football is supposed to be fun, but you're responsible for leaving a trade offer out there. I like the other owner going and accepting the trade after Ajayi had his knee blown up, savage. D**k move? Yeah probably, but he didn't do anything illegal, survival of the fittest. If he accepted the trade before the game, would you reverse the trade because he got hurt? I highly doubt it. If you put out a trade offer, its your responsibility to pull it back, tough luck.
12 team PPR IDP Dynasty - Starters 17, Bench 15, 7 Rookie Practice squad 3 - 2 pts per tackle
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te 2 flex 1 k, 2 dl, 2 lb, 2 db, 2 flex

QB: J.Burrow, T.Lawerence
RB: Jonathan Taylor, D.Swift, R.Stevenson, Javonte Williams, A.Dillion, D.Jackson
WR: J.Jefferson, C.Lamb, T.Higgins, J.Waddle, T.McLaurin, E.Moore, K.Toney
TE: D.Schultz, E.Engram
K: J.Tucker
DL: TJ Watt, B.Burns, J.Allen, R.Gary, D.Brown
LB: F.Warner, D.Jones, I.Simmons, L.Wilson, TJ Edwards, D.Long, M.Rodrigez, D.Tranquill, M.Walker
DB: D.James, R.Neal

Rookie Practice squad
J.Pitre, D.Bellinger, D.Ojabo, C.Austin, J.Warren, K.Phillips, D.Ridder

2023 Rookie Draft Picks
3rd, 5th, 6th
2024 Rookie Draft Picks
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 am

ap28.allday wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:38 am Everyone crying about the owner being a "d**k" or "bush league" makes me laugh. Yes, fantasy football is supposed to be fun, but you're responsible for leaving a trade offer out there. I like the other owner going and accepting the trade after Ajayi had his knee blown up, savage. D**k move? Yeah probably, but he didn't do anything illegal, survival of the fittest. If he accepted the trade before the game, would you reverse the trade because he got hurt? I highly doubt it. If you put out a trade offer, its your responsibility to pull it back, tough luck.
That's a completely different scenario. Might as well reverse all the trades of anyone who traded for Henry or Jimmy G last season. Oh and let's redo anyone's rookie draft that occurred before Guice was hurt.. smh

What about if you send an offer out for player X. An hour later he retired, other owner hears of it and hits accept before you can revoke. Is that fair too then? Just doesnt seem like a fun league imo